The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
To all of you nppg players...if you pick pred players,you probably
Won't get many points.
Just my two.
Hope I'm wrong.

Probably true.

Except that I won't pick anyone from the opposing team. I just don't like seeing them be happy at the expense of the Preds, even if it would benefit me. :cry:

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
You lot are ridiculous. He isn't going to make his choice of leaving or staying off a 4 game stint.. **** isn't going our way right now but don't be stupid... And on Lavy, this isn't a team that is playing like they have lost it with the Coaches. We have the best shot differential in the league. We are playing aggressive hockey.. We are just giving up too many goals. Rinne isn't Rinne. He is poop.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
You lot are ridiculous. He isn't going to make his choice of leaving or staying off a 4 game stint.. **** isn't going our way right now but don't be stupid... And on Lavy, this isn't a team that is playing like they have lost it with the Coaches. We have the best shot differential in the league. We are playing aggressive hockey.. We are just giving up too many goals. Rinne isn't Rinne. He is poop.

i agree. there's a lot of time in between now and when Johansen's contract is up. I know 2 years doesnt seem like a lot but a lot could happen in between. Poile is smart enough to realize that our 1st line is what gets it done and our defense. He's gonna make signings and more trades in between.

On top of that, Rinne is on his decline. I'm convinced. He's still going to steal a few games but he's not going to be the Rinne of old that we are all accustomed to.

As far as Lavy, I can't tell you what I think there. On one hand it seems like the team isn't at issue with the staff...as pointed out in the post above. But part of it I think is that Lavy thinks this is still a capable forward crop that can get the job done. He said it in an interview the other night before a game. He needs to wake up and talk with GMDP and say, look..it's not working...i need player a, player b, player c....you get the point. But standing pat, even after the RyJo trade isn't going to get us anything but a top 10 pick. More has to be had.

I know I'm looking ahead but next year's roster could look mightily different. Oh and I'm pretty sure Fiala is here to stay for a little while.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
After a night like yesterday, I'm really starting to worry if this team is going to win a single hockey game this season.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm actually less concerned because the 3rd showed me they can do it, they just have too. That said, if I said I wasn't concerned about Pekka I would be crazy. Obviously Hutton isn't the answer, and neither are the two guys in the AHL. I don't know what we need to do with him, but they better figure something out quick cause we gotta have him at least stopping the ones he should.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think their confidence took another big hit after that loss, we should've won that to put turn the ship. We didn't and frustration builds up.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We won't know til the next game. I can say one thing for sure, its feeding itself. We are taking bad penalties out of frustration, and its costing us games and causing more frustration.

I think at this point they need to reach the point of being mad, and with Josi's reaction last night I think we are getting there.

Last night is one of those things that can continue it or be something that turns it around. Maybe it proves to them that they can do it, they just need to get it done. Then again it could just make it worse.

SlapshotMe

Sep 21, 2015
As terrible as Rinne has been our offense has been 10x worse. Aside from the 3rd period last night, this team is completely unable to score goals.

I'm not ready to blame Rinne when he's not getting support. If he gives up 3 goals (last night aside) the game is over. Maybe he'd play better if the pressure wasn't all on him to play a shutout.

Score some ****ing goals for crying out loud.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
It's not the O. It's not the penalties. It's not the D. What cost us the game last night were two things and one is correctable, the other is not.

1. Laziness. On Buff's first goal he shoots and Ribeiro is caught sleeping as Buff goes for the rebound. If he stays on his man, that second shot never happens. Same thing happened against Chicago with Seabrook on their third goal, guy guarding the point man loses the defenseman as he slides in and takes a point blank shot at Rinne. This can be fixed if guys work harder and are told to watch this from the coaches. It's attention to detail.

2. Rinne. He's broken. He's a shell of his former self. He looks defeated after every goal these days. There is no fire. There is no passion. The breakaway goal while it's a crap shoot, when you watch from the goal line replay, you see how far he crouches down and gives up a ton of the top of the net. I understand you want to get in to a position to be able to move but you can't give away the top half of the net, especially when you're 6'5". Did his passion leave when his fiance left? I don't know but his head is not in the game and until it is, he needs to sit. Unfortunately, I think he is damaged goods at this point and this will not get fixed.

It's a shame we're talking about any of this today as we should be talking about a comeback win and how good Fiala looked last night. Instead we're rioting about how bad our $7 million a year goalie looks.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I will admit that my hesitance about Johanson was wrong. This guy was a basement bargain straight up for Jones. 6 points in 4 games is sweet. The sad thing he will not be able to do that every game. As bad as the Jets are other than a 11 minute section of the 3rd they shut this team down. Well a little help from Peel, I usually do not put blame of refs but damn when I saw this guy was scheduled and Bass in the line-up I thought it might be a record night. That misconduct on Johanson was a horse nugget call.

Did we not have another full 2 minutes of 5 on 3 without scoring when they pulled Rinne? After that I knew if they were able to tie this thing the 3 on 3 was not gonna end well even with the upgraded 1st line.

This team continues to be fatally flawed. Forsberg was and has been pretty average. Smith my god industrial strength turd polish would not help him right now.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's not the O. It's not the penalties. It's not the D. What cost us the game last night were two things and one is correctable, the other is not.

1. Laziness. On Buff's first goal he shoots and Ribeiro is caught sleeping as Buff goes for the rebound. If he stays on his man, that second shot never happens. Same thing happened against Chicago with Seabrook on their third goal, guy guarding the point man loses the defenseman as he slides in and takes a point blank shot at Rinne. This can be fixed if guys work harder and are told to watch this from the coaches. It's attention to detail.

2. Rinne. He's broken. He's a shell of his former self. He looks defeated after every goal these days. There is no fire. There is no passion. The breakaway goal while it's a crap shoot, when you watch from the goal line replay, you see how far he crouches down and gives up a ton of the top of the net. I understand you want to get in to a position to be able to move but you can't give away the top half of the net, especially when you're 6'5". Did his passion leave when his fiance left? I don't know but his head is not in the game and until it is, he needs to sit. Unfortunately, I think he is damaged goods at this point and this will not get fixed.

It's a shame we're talking about any of this today as we should be talking about a comeback win and how good Fiala looked last night. Instead we're rioting about how bad our $7 million a year goalie looks.
(I'm going to speak in past tense here even if some of it still applies)

I used to rip on Hutton constantly for having horrible body language in goal. He seemed to give off such an aura of mediocrity. Every goal he would give up he would shrug his shoulders as if there was nothing he could ever do. He never made great saves but he was usually "good" enough to keep us in games as long as our offense was able to generate some goals. Not horrible but wouldn't win us games on his own. You never really knew what to expect when he was in goal on any given night. We could win 4-1 or go down big early and lose 5-1. We would win in spite of him, not because of him. Every emotion I used to have about Hutton is now the way I feel about Rinne and that's a really bad thing.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
Ok guys, I'm bad luck. I'm taking the blame for this road trip. I watched every single game from start to finish since we got RyJo and we lost all of them ( lol :( ). Yesterday after it was 4-1 I closed the TV and went to bed fustrated. I woke up surprised that they scored 3 goals to tie it up.

I'm no watching the minny game tomorrow (I really, really want to) so they can actually win it.

I know positivism has no room in this thread but at least RyJo is looking really good.

SlapshotMe

Sep 21, 2015
It's not the O.

I posted this in the Rinne thread but will repeat here, this is our previous game goals: 2, 0, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3.

That's terrible. 1 or 2 goals is not enough to win most games. As bad as Rinne has been, we would have still lost most of these games if he had been playing well. You just can't expect a shutout every night and that's pretty much what we need with this offense.

This is all despite the fact that Johansen has been good. How bad would our offense be without him?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I posted this in the Rinne thread but will repeat here, this is our previous game goals: 2, 0, 3, 1, 2, 1, 3.

That's terrible. 1 or 2 goals is not enough to win most games. As bad as Rinne has been, we would have still lost most of these games if he had been playing well. You just can't expect a shutout every night and that's pretty much what we need with this offense.

This is all despite the fact that Johansen has been good. How bad would our offense be without him?

And like I said, if guys weren't lazy we wouldn't be giving up as many goals as we are and maybe winning some of the games we scored 2 goals in. There should be no reason we score 3 goals and lose. We scored 4 last night and lost. 2 of the goals Rinne let's in are on him so while the offense hasn't been stellar, Rinne and laziness from our forwards has cost us games as well.

SlapshotMe

Sep 21, 2015
And like I said, if guys weren't lazy we wouldn't be giving up as many goals as we are and maybe winning some of the games we scored 2 goals in. There should be no reason we score 3 goals and lose. We scored 4 last night and lost. 2 of the goals Rinne let's in are on him so while the offense hasn't been stellar, Rinne and laziness from our forwards has cost us games as well.

Clearly the defense (including Rinne) has been terrible, especially in the losing streak. I'm just trying to provide some balance. You're not going to win many games scoring 2 goals. Scoring 4, sure, but we haven't been doing that. We scored 3 in the 3rd last night and people are acting like our offense is back because of that. But that's 1 period where the Jets probably thought the game was over and got lazy.

It's everything. The offense, the defense, Rinne, the coaching, everything has been Bluejackets-level bad.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Here's some negativity for you: Eric Nystrom has more goals than

Colin Wilson
Mike Fisher
Mike Ribiero
Cody Hodgson

Four guys we look at on a nightly basis to contribute and score.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Clearly the defense (including Rinne) has been terrible, especially in the losing streak. I'm just trying to provide some balance. You're not going to win many games scoring 2 goals. Scoring 4, sure, but we haven't been doing that. We scored 3 in the 3rd last night and people are acting like our offense is back because of that. But that's 1 period where the Jets probably thought the game was over and got lazy.

It's everything. The offense, the defense, Rinne, the coaching, everything has been Bluejackets-level bad.

I know what you're saying but when you have an elite level goalie like we supposedly have or had in this case, you win scoring 2 goals because he only gives up 1, regardless of what's happening in front of him.

You making the point that we scored 3 in the third period I don't get though. The Jets scored 3 in the second period. It's not how many you score per period, it's how many you have at the end of the night, regardless of when they happen. Bottom line is we scored 4 and lost. That's unacceptable, especially when you're paying a goalie $7 million a season to stop pucks, especially easy ones. The wrap around goal by Buff was just as soft.

And here's the thing, while things are bad, the guys are still playing hard which tells me something. If they were truly bad they'd be going thru the motions out there and would've given up after the breakaway goal. We are playing well but not getting the results. We are not paying attention to detail in the defensive zone like we should and it shows. We tighten that up and all of a sudden this ride gets a little less bumpy. You stop giving up poor coverage goals, your offense has a little more pep in their step. There is too much talent for this team not to be able to score but in all my years of watching hockey I have never seen a team hit more posts than we have this season. It's almost uncanny how many we've hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad