The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

Lady Healer of Rohan
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
We stink and everyone is to blame. Poile won't fire Lavy because of the financials and Poile is loyal to a fault. Someone needs to suck it up and stand in front of the opposing goalie. Guys getting paid a lot of money to score need to start scoring.

At the end of the day, Poile needs to go. He constructed this team. He has mismanaged our available players. Traded away first round picks for crap. His NA scouts can't find a top 6 forward in all of NA.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Yeah I mean, what is there to say?

If Rinne doesn't pitch a shut out, we don't win. He isn't.

The dcorp is doing fine and carrying the offensive load a lot of nights.

The forward Corp just isn't good enough. No chemistry, nobody breaking out, a whole lot of jack squat happening up and down all four lines.

I'm gonna go throw up

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
Just call Fiala up, call Kamenev up, bench Ribeiro... can't get worse than this.

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
NEVER. SAY. IT. CAN'T. GET. WORSE.

Because... IT WILL.

Well after being this bad it really doesn't matter anymore because for a professional team only goal can be winning and we are not doing it right now. If some one is saying that they are satisfied if the team makes the playoffs or to the second round it really bothers me.. winning can be your only goal.

But other than that you are right.. unfortunately:cry:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Just call Fiala up, call Kamenev up, bench Ribeiro... can't get worse than this.

If there's anything that my years as a Jackets fan have taught me, it's that it can always get worse. Always. You might not be able to think of how, but there's always a way.

I'd offer suggestions but if any of them actually happened I think I'd be burned in effigy.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
NEVER. SAY. IT. CAN'T. GET. WORSE.

Because... IT WILL.

Absolutely correct. I know it feels like we are #30 in the league, but the fact is we are still in the playoffs somehow, someway.

Ask Columbus fans if it can be worse- they would trade places with us in a heartbeat. And with the way we have played we are VERY fortunate that we are not sitting here in their position.

I don't know how we have managed the record we have with as bad as we have played.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Okay. If this actually happens, feel free to hate me forever, but here's one way it could easily get worse, in five words:
Roman Josi career-ending injury.

There's always a way.

I maintain that the secret to happiness is being pessimistic enough to be able to think of every possible conceivable disaster, and then reflect on the sheer number of disasters that DIDN'T happen. ;)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Okay. If this actually happens, feel free to hate me forever, but here's one way it could easily get worse, in five words:
Roman Josi career-ending injury.

There's always a way.

I maintain that the secret to happiness is being pessimistic enough to be able to think of every possible conceivable disaster, and then reflect on the sheer number of disasters that DIDN'T happen. ;)
He already has several concussions.....

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The team now has scored 88 goals in 34 games. Without Josi and Weber the remainder of the team has scored 69 goals. Or 2.02 gpg with Josi and Weber it improves to 2.59 gpg. If these two go cold or god forbid one or both are injured we have nothing offensively.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
and STL has scored 91 goals in 36 games Without Taranseko and Steen they have scored 58 goals in 36 games or only 1.61 goals per game. so God forbid if one of them goes cold, or gets injured they have half a goal per game less than we would without weber and josi.

just an example of why that's a bad argument. there's always real stuff to worry over without just making stuff up

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
and STL has scored 91 goals in 36 games Without Taranseko and Steen they have scored 58 goals in 36 games or only 1.61 goals per game. so God forbid if one of them goes cold, or gets injured they have half a goal per game less than we would without weber and josi.

just an example of why that's a bad argument. there's always real stuff to worry over without just making stuff up

:handclap::yo:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

But, y'see, Tarasenko and Steen are forwards. Weber and Josi are defensemen. That means it's bad, because, y'know, reasons. ;)

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
But, y'see, Tarasenko and Steen are forwards. Weber and Josi are defensemen. That means it's bad, because, y'know, reasons. ;)

Please provide 1 team in the current era say past 1995 where two defensemen carried a team to the cup.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Please provide 1 team in the current era say past 1995 where two defensemen carried a team to the cup.

2006-2007 Ducks. Sure, so it didn't hurt that Selanne put up 94 points that season either, but that Cup was all on Pronger, Niedermayer and the 3rd line (Pahlsson, Moen, Niedermayer).

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
2006-2007 Ducks. Sure, so it didn't hurt that Selanne put up 94 points that season either, but that Cup was all on Pronger, Niedermayer and the 3rd line (Pahlsson, Moen, Niedermayer).

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...ype=2&sort=points&aggregate=1&teamId=24&pos=S

While you have a point I they still did not carry that team with goals and total points Kunitz, McDonald, Selanne were the scoring punch. Selanne actually was a machine that year 48 goals 46 asst. Pronger and Neder combined for 28 goals nothing to sneeze at for sure but Selanne had 48, McDonald 27, Penner 29, Kunitz and Getzlaf 25 each. That offense scored in piles and if we had a similar number of goals from Offense I would have no leg to stand on. But We have Josi and Weber only behind Neal in goals And Neal is only on pace for 31. Its not that our defense is not capiable but they are not in the same universe in scoring that those ducks forwards were. At the current pace our forwards behind Neal are SMith and FF9at 17 goals Hook at 14 goals. Josi and Weber are going to need 40 goals each to make up the shortcomings of the forwards and then that may not be enough.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The odds that the forwards stay this down for the entire year is not very likely. Odds are someone is going to turn it on and get it going.

Weber and Josi having that many points doesn't bother me, if the forwards were burying shots it would probably be even higher.

Yes the forwards have been rough, but you also probably have the best 1-2 punch in the league. With them both hitting on all cylinders they are going to carry things a bit more than most normal teams would.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
FWIW

Forsberg, Smith and Wilson are all going to have to play at a 30 goal pace over the remaining 47 games just to match there goal production last season.

Ti reach 30 goals FF would need to pace at 37 goals, Smith would need to pace at 40 goals and Wilson would need to pace at 48 goals for each of them to get 30.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The more I watch the Preds the more I think our defense and PK needs improvement more so than our offense even though that needs work too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad