The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I agree with what NoNeck said in the GDT. Aside from the usual rants, I'm sick of 3-4 players being out every game. I understand that every team has to deal with them, but this has been a big deal with this team for about a year now. I'm having nightmares of "upper" and "lower body injuries" every game. I'd LOVE to ice a full team for at least a few weeks to see how this team plays.
its so beyond frustrating... its what we expect now. nowadays a loss with no injuries is almost a success.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I agree with Trig and the TOI assessment. I'd add that if we could land a few elite or great pieces up front, guys get moved to their proper lines in terms of being a true top 6 and also, great players will make others around them better. I mean Crosby has made Kunitz a long shot to make the Canadian Olympic team and Dupuis has played the best hockey of his career being on a wing with Sid. That's the extreme example but look at what Chicago does. They have 4 true top 6 guys, 3 of which are pretty darn good in Toews, Kane and Hossa. Add Sharp to that and you've got two solid lines with whoever the extra two are. All of a sudden guys like Saad get a chance and they do ok because they have more space and time on the ice to succeed. It's not just about goals and assists but guys who open up the ice for others. When Kane is on the ice, teams have to watch out for him which allows others more freedom to find open space which leads to better scoring chances. We don't have anyone that does this in our system. Forsberg may get there in time. Other than that, who does that for us? No one.

I know, great talent doesn't grow on trees but as some have said, we have had the assets to make moves and guys have been lost to free agency. Sometimes I wonder if we have a better overall D playing for other teams than we do here. Think of the guys we've lost or traded and what we have to show for it. Timonen, Hamhuis, Suter, Zidlicky and Franson. We got a 1st for Kimmo which turned in to Blum, nothing for Hammer and Suter, got Jones and a 2nd for Zidlicky, can't remember who the 2nd ended up being and Franson was a cap dump. So there's an entire d-corp for the most part and we have nothing to show for it. I get the playoff runs and the need to keep Hamhuis and Suter but at the end of the day, I'm starting to agree with others around here that Poile does not get the most out of his assets. Suter would've gotten us a top 3 forward or a top 6 plus a young top 6 prospect and probably a 1st if we had moved him. Hamhuis should've gotten us a decent package as well.

I've been a big fan for a while now but with career changes, getting married, being a step-dad, etc. it's hard to make it to games and while I've had opportunities to go lately, I'm just not that interested in seeing the same thing over and over again. It's not as much fun as it was to be honest and I'd rather us either suck to get better draft picks so we can finally get over the hump or for us to make a major change in either the roster or staff to shake things up so it might at least be interesting for me as a fan. It's sad because unless I was dying, bleeding profusely or had a bone sticking through a part of my body, I was going to the game. Now if I make it here and there, I'm ok with it and while my life has changed, this part of it shouldn't have and I put that on the organization as a whole. It's my entertainment dollar and I'd rather not spend it on the product that is on the ice. I used to get excited about the young prospects and see how they developed. I used to get excited about rivalries and watching Smashville style hockey but we just sit there and get abused on a nightly basis and there is no spark to this team. Oh well, I'm going back to bed.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
18:10 is not less than most 2nd liners.

If there are 3 "first line players" on each team, that would put the top 90 in icetime/game as first-line ice time. This also doesn't take into account injured players (Stamkos) who are still in that top 90 though someone else is taking their ice time right now.

Top six would be top 180th among forwards (not even taking into account the injured), which Hornqvist, Wilson, and Legwand fall into.

I like Wilson' potential, but I've always said he similar to Hartnell in that he's only as good as linemates. I think he has the ability to be a great complementary player with good offensive instincts, but he's not going to consistently lead the charge offensively. Hornqvist is a great complementary player, but has quite a few limitations (speed, defense, vision, puck handling, etc). I'm still feeling out Forseberg, but he's certainly no top-end talent.

Other than that, we have a ton a wanna-be scoringline players who are playing higher than they should. And we signed a *** load more in the offseason!

Players with proven offensive ability have had no problems producing under Trotz, and many of them had career years under Trotz. He adapts the system some to his talent level, but face it, our talent level is low... on paper very easily one of the worst in the league at forward. And that is Poile's fault, no question. It's a problem that's built up over time and hasn't been addressed for most of our existence. Even the good signings of Kariya & Dumont, those guys had to call us. I give Kariya more of the credit than Poile.

But the last 10 years? Absolute failure to address glaring scoring weakness.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
Story of Poile's GM career.

I was a huge fan of Poile the first 5-6 years of our franchise, but then his limitations started kicking in. Now they are more prevalent than ever. He does not not how to build a contender. Even in some hypothetical world where Trotz is limiting our great offense (which I do not agree with), it's still Poile's fault because he's the one who manages and hired Trotz.

It can get worse than Poile, but we'll never have a true winner under Poile.
Too keep injuries out I used time on ice per game.

If you look at most teams, Fisher wouldn't be in the top 5 of toi/g of forwards.

As far as being able to finish, more chances with more time on ice leads to more scoring.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Too keep injuries out I used time on ice per game.

If you look at most teams, Fisher wouldn't be in the top 5 of toi/g of forwards.

As far as being able to finish, more chances with more time on ice leads to more scoring.
This doesn't make statistical sense. You are saying on average teams have 5 forwards with more ice time... that would be at least 150 NHL players. Yet Fisher Ranks 89th.

Reality is Fisher is getting low-end of 1st liner ice-time. And he certainly shouldn't be getting the 22-23minutes the highest end forwards are getting.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
I believe this might be the worst team I have seen in a while. We need change Yesterday. I say we blow this baby up. Shoot for crap over the next year or so and Pray for McDavid. We need some offense and since it seems that noone wants to sign here except third liners we need a top three pick or two and build this around the youngsters. I say trade everyone that can net you a youngster or draft pick and rebuild this thing, but first we must fire trotz and poile and bring some new faces in to build this thing with some offense and to not every other year draft a defenseman in the 1st . Yes defense is great but when Weber is your leading goal scorer you are not going anywhere any time soon. I believe this defensive mindset has sailed. I would rather watch us loose 6-5 than watch this hot mess every night.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Too me the problem has been with the ownership of this team. I am very grateful to them for stepping forward and keeping the team here. However, the fact remains that none of them were true Hockey men when they bought the team. They have all been successful in business and used the proven management philosophy of listening to the "experts" (Poile and Trotz) where they were lacking in expertise. They have had enough time by now to realize these two can not lead the Preds to the promised land. They need to right this ship, and right it now by replacing both of them. I recently scared myself by realizing that in the first 10 years or this franchises existence I spent over $50,000 on season tickets alone. I don't regret it because I enjoyed watching the team grow over the years. The last few years have shown that we have regressed and put a lackluster group on the ice. The coaching on this team is pathetic. Trying to have 4 equal lines makes no sense at all. Third and 4th liners are not hard to come by at reasonable prices. You don't waste payroll on them. You pay for top 6 people and play them nearly twice the ice time as the lower two lines period. I've always believed the best defense is a good offense. I'd rather see us trying to outscore our opponents than hoping we win 1-0, or 2-1.

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
If that us what it takes to get things moving in the right direction, then the ownership needs to find their balls and fire Poile and Trotz. Causal fans are not going to come to the games to see uninspired play and blow outs.

Hell, even hardcore fans aren't going to come to see uninspired play and blow outs. I've been a STH since the beginning and I've had to drag myself to the games lately…loss, shootout loss, loss…last night I decided there wasn't anything to indicate that things would change and it wasn't worth braving the weather to go to the game. And I was right. Another loss.

Tickets aren't cheap, and full season tickets are a huge time commitment…we all have better things we could be doing with our time than watching the Preds **** all over the ice every other night. It's becoming really discouraging.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
I watched every game for as long as I can remember. Been a fan since day one. Was at out first win in franchise history.
But now a days it's a special rarity for me to watch 1 period of a Preds game

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Personally, I'm furious that I am a season ticket holder, and believe me, I KNOW it's MY fault...

I sit there game in and game out, in a row filled with other team's fans. There's no familiarity in my section. In LA, I sat next to the same people for a decade... they had my back, I had theirs.

Here, I have to sit there and watch the message board tell me that I can buy tickets to every remaining game for 50% off at the window (granted, it was a one-day-sale, but it was a sale that devalued my tix nonetheless)

I go on the ticket exchange site, and see NINE tickets in my row (*in a row) selling for almost 30 dollars UNDER face value.

And, I actually root for this team? Ugh.

Personally, I'd rather stay home and watch LA on tv.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Personally, I'm furious that I am a season ticket holder, and believe me, I KNOW it's MY fault...

I sit there game in and game out, in a row filled with other team's fans. There's no familiarity in my section. In LA, I sat next to the same people for a decade... they had my back, I had theirs.

Here, I have to sit there and watch the message board tell me that I can buy tickets to every remaining game for 50% off at the window (granted, it was a one-day-sale, but it was a sale that devalued my tix nonetheless)

I go on the ticket exchange site, and see NINE tickets in my row (*in a row) selling for almost 30 dollars UNDER face value.

Stay at home then.
You pay for season tickets to have the seat you want for any game you want. You and others take that risk. If the Preds were doing great and others were paying big bucks to get into weekend games you would be basking in your great investment.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007

change sections....

We sat in a section where there were too many tickets owned by "ticket brokers". Same situation, surrounded by other teams fans. Most of the Preds fans did the same thing we did---moved to another section. It's much better. But there are a lot of "business owners" so there still isn't the regulars every game.

Talk to your ticket rep and see if they can move you.

But, there are a number of us in our section that are increasingly disgusted and apathetic this year. Many of us leave after 2 periods , or just don't show up.

When the team has heart---fans will stay. When there is apathy--like now--I think the Preds are going to have rapidly decreasing sth base.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I'm disgusted enough to want both Poile and Trotz and all the coaching staff except Korn gone. And I've generally supported their effort over the years.

And a lot of the hockey players need to be given away. Let the admirals play...........

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville

Come to the lower rows of 318, full of longtime STH (even though them switching it to an All You Can Eat--therefore more expensive--section is pretty annoying, it hasn't chased anyone off yet).

It is annoying to see all these sales and discounts while you're paying full price for your season tickets though.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
The worst part of us sucking is I can't tell why we suck. Forwards? Defense? Goaltending? Coaching?

The only guy I can say, without a doubt, is free from blame is Mitch Korn. Everyone else deserves at least a share of the blame.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Stay at home then.
You pay for season tickets to have the seat you want for any game you want. You and others take that risk. If the Preds were doing great and others were paying big bucks to get into weekend games you would be basking in your great investment.

You miss the point... it's not about the Preds. I'm a hockey fan. I can root for any team. I enjoy watching the game. What I don't enjoy is making a close to 10 thousand dollar investment, and watch the team market their seats with sales that completely devalue what I've purchased. Not that the Preds are the only team that does, and has done this.

In LA about 6 years ago, tickets in the lower bowl were about 110 dollars a seat. The team, tanking so badly, was on AM1150, and for the last 20 games of the season was offering comparable lower bowl seats for 11 dollars and 50 cents.

So "stay at home" is not an option if you're a fan of the game, and is certainly not an option when 20 seats around you are on NHL ticket exchange for half of what you pay.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Ok like I said and you obviously understand. You buying season tickets is a risk you choose to play. So deal with it when the value goes down and deal with it when it goes up. You also said "personally I would rather stay home and watch LA on t.v." So you do have an option and Preds fans with your attitude should just stay at the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad