The line to apologize to Marc Bergevin starts here ---->

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyF3ind

Jun 19, 2007
New York
Every couple minutes I remember we just got Vanek at the deadline and fist pump and holler out "Vanek!" hahaha so great.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Trading for Vanek doesn't mean we are not building throught the draft. We did not trade our best prospects. We are playing Tinordi, Gal, Gally, etc etc.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
very good move.

That said, if Vanek proves to be a rental, all this excitement & praise is a little over the top.

Not sure that we are a Vanek away from contending right now, & if fall 2014 hits and we're looking at a similarly devoid group of wingers, minus colberg/pick(s), then hindsight won't be as favourable on the move.

Fun to live in the excitement of the present, very good deadline day trade for a serious upgrade at a need position, not necessarily the best long-term approach considering all the signs pointing to Vanek being with the Wild come september.

time will tell...

Even if he's a rental, he's a rental that will absolutely address a deep and persistent need, the inability to score 5/5.

We werent going to get a second pairing D, more jam with hands to fill out the wing on our top 9 and get a goal scorer in one day.

One of three aint bad and at least this way we get the chance to audition him to see if he's the cat's meow and at least guage if this is something we might want to pursue by deciding to resign him or not.

TravisF

Jul 11, 2011
www.artbreak.com
I never bashed Marc Bergevin. So I don't have to apologize! I am happy the Habs got a great forward in Vanek today though, I am excited to see him play with the Canadiens jersey on.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Going to be an immature brat here and just say "I told you so!"

But seriously, this is the most impressive move the Habs have made in a while. I'm so excited for tomorrow's game.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Man, so many posters should be ashamed of derailing every damn threads with their impatience.

This. It's the same with any GDT. As soon as we're down a goal they're blowing up the team, firing everyone they can think of, etc. I mean, at least wait until we lose the game or, like today, until the trade deadline is over. There should be some real repercussions for whining so much, like not posting for a month or something. Simply apologizing doesn't seem like justice for the rest of us that have to put up with listening to them ***** constantly.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
The number of people I've seen on these forums say "Here we go again" "I'm so done" "Fire Bergevin"... lol.

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
Not to sound like a *****, but I kept saying we needed to give him a chance. Even when he'd discourage the **** out of us, I kept saying he'd do something.

There it is! ****in' ay Marc! Good job! :D

habitue*

I am about 90% happy. Just pissed off that Bourque still part of this team, and playing tonight.... Well.

I was not expecting anything spectacular. So I am very thrilled.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Good job Marc, I apologize for being a whiny beeyotch but you know, I didn't like the DD and briere signings. I will stop doubting you until July 1st
:sarcasm:

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Again, Bergevin's direction is to build through the draft and not make any bad long-term signings, preferring to maintain cap flexibility. In the interim, when incredible opportunities like Vanek arise, he not only has the prospects build up through the draft to use as currency, but he has the cap space to take the player.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If Therrien can pull his head of his ass this team can make it to the ECF. Every team in the playoffs has holes and some bigger than others. Bergevin did us proud today with this move and showed people he gives a ****.

I would have even been fine with him giving more than this for Vanek, hilarious that it's all he gave up. I'm really not sure how it even happened, poor Islander fans.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
This. It's the same with any GDT. As soon as we're down a goal they're blowing up the team, firing everyone they can think of, etc. I mean, at least wait until we lose the game or, like today, until the trade deadline is over. There should be some real repercussions for whining so much, like not posting for a month or something. Simply apologizing doesn't seem like justice for the rest of us that have to put up with listening to them ***** constantly.

so just to make sure, the way we evaluate a GM is to focus exclusively on his last move ?

I like the vanek signing, but it is enough to offset the DD extension, signing Briere, extending Emelin ? Right now its pretty much a wash for me, some good deals some not so good.

And if Vanek walks at the end of the season, I'm not going to be lamenting never getting to see a stagnating prospect mature but its not the "" let's let bygones be bygones" that some seem to think.

If asking why a GM signs briere when he said we need to get tougher and more jam makes me a whiner, then the habs nation needs a whole lot more whiners.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Bergevin & Dudley right now

are+you.png

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Never doubted him. Even if we can't sign Vanek, MB still has done a good job to date.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No matter how you slice it, this is a great trade. Glad to see him do something like this because his moves in the offseason sucked. If he manages to sign Vanek though it will more than make up for it.

Great, great move.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Even after signing Markov at 6 millions and Subban at more or less 8 millions... we still have enough to sign Vanek at around 7 millions.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
In the next day or so, I'll change my avatar which was a side swipe at Bergevin (about getting small players "with character") to a troll face picture of Bergevin with a caption along the lines of "Vanek now StheF-up".:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad