The line to apologize to Marc Bergevin starts here ---->

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The Bergevin bashing today has been embarrassing.

Hey we been conditioned to GM's here doing nothing for a LONG TIME...and when where were told Habs done TODAY, well...

Bergy delivered ,110% today.....new Habs world order in Montreal

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Never doubted him. Everything he's said since he's been hired has been smart. Came from CHI where they know how to build a team.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Vanek excited to be with Montreal.

electric city...great org he says.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Never doubted him. Everything he's said since he's been hired has been smart. Came from CHI where they know how to build a team.

Same here. So many people jumped the gun because he didn't make a deal at 12 pm.

He waited for the price to go down and snatched up a top line forward.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Vanek open to resign in Montreal ?

Says not sure...just found out 10 mins ago...said never say never...

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Same here. So many people jumped the gun because he didn't make a deal at 12 pm.

He waited for the price to go down and snatched up a top line forward.

Last 2 years he didn't sacrifice any long-term flexibility precisely so he could take advantage of an idiot GM when the opportunity presented himself.

Unlike someone like Nonis who blew his load in the off-season and was handcuffed at the deadline.

It was so obvious right from the beginning.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
very good move.

That said, if Vanek proves to be a rental, all this excitement & praise is a little over the top.

Not sure that we are a Vanek away from contending right now, & if fall 2014 hits and we're looking at a similarly devoid group of wingers, minus colberg/pick(s), then hindsight won't be as favourable on the move.

Fun to live in the excitement of the present, very good deadline day trade for a serious upgrade at a need position, not necessarily the best long-term approach considering all the signs pointing to Vanek being with the Wild come september.

time will tell...

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
very good move.

That said, if Vanek proves to be a rental, all this excitement & praise is a little over the top.

Not sure that we are a Vanek away from contending right now, & if fall 2014 hits and we're looking at a similarly devoid group of wingers, minus colberg/pick(s), then hindsight won't be as favourable on the move.

Fun to live in the excitement of the present, very good deadline day trade for a serious upgrade at a need position, not necessarily the best long-term approach considering all the signs pointing to Vanek being with the Wild come september.

time will tell...

sometimes you've got to try. Even if we don't sign him, we'll have lost Collberg and maybe the 2nd pick (I don't know the conditions). It's still pretty good as I didn't see that much of a future for Collberg with us. He's done nothing with Frolunda this year again. He's years aways, if he ever makes the NHL.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Never doubted the man. It's only his second year on the job.

See? Patience pays off habs board. Patience. Wait in the reeds to make the deals you want to make. That's how MB operates.

Always believed in you MB :)

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I feel pretty damn good for believing. Gloating aside, I don't blame anyone for all the disappointing years and lack of trades. Just wish it was less raging.

The best thing out of all of this is, everyone in Habs nation is happy, a rare thing.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
Mr. Bergevin

i apologize

You are the boss sir

now let's go get a cup

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
sometimes you've got to try. Even if we don't sign him, we'll have lost Collberg and maybe the 2nd pick (I don't know the conditions). It's still pretty good as I didn't see that much of a future for Collberg with us. He's done nothing with Frolunda this year again. He's years aways, if he ever makes the NHL.

agree...

and the fact that it wasn't a beaulieu/tinordi/furcale going the other way makes it a lot better.

how bad does Snow look right now? Moulson, 1st, 2nd, for Colberg conditional 2nd??? WTF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad