The line to apologize to Marc Bergevin starts here ---->

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hogtownhabsfan*

Apologies Bergy.

He's popping champagne right now.

Where's the gif with Plek making it rain? Need to add Vanek and Bergy to that! :laugh:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Very happy with the Vanek deal, but that won't suddenly erase the bunch of head scratchers he made prior to that.

However, if he manages to resign him to a decent term/AAV this summer, I'll be willing to overlook these minor details. :D

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Nah still not enough to get over the Briere trade and all his other meaningless trades for someone who is gonna be rental.

Rental or not, we paid dirt cheap for the most coveted player at the trade deadline. DIRT CHEAP.

Albeit I don't know if we should put that on Bergevin's incredible negotiations skills, or on Snow's ineptitude.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
****ing amazing deal if we re-sign Vanek. Even if we don't we got the best player at the trade deadlnie for a very low cost.

Nom de Guerre

You Had ONE JOB
Apr 12, 2013
Hochelaga Archip.
Rental or not, we paid dirt cheap for the most coveted player at the trade deadline. DIRT CHEAP.

Albeit I don't know if we should put that on Bergevin's incredible negotiations skills, or on Snow's ineptitude.

Well the way I see it is that you trade for the top rental at the deadline if you have a very good chance of going all the way which I don't believe the habs will.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Well the way I see it is that you trade for the top rental at the deadline if you have a very good chance of going all the way which I don't believe the habs will.

Like I said, who cares?

Most here were on the verge of declaring Collberg a bust. Out of our top prospects, he's probably the one with the less value. He didn't mean much to the franchise at this point.

We trade a 2nd rounder if we make the playoffs. Big deal. And if we make the playoffs, we will get the Isles 5th. If we miss the playoffs, we end up only giving Collberg for Vanek...

There's still a chance Vanek resigns at the end of the season. You can't predict that kind of thing. I'm just glad that for once, the Habs didn't sit on their hands, expecting to suddenly turn into a contender out of thin air. We made a huge move forward today.

At worst, we can still trade his rights at the draft if Vanek has no desire to resign... And probably get a 2nd back in the said deal.

Had we given our 1st and a quality prospect, I would have probably agreed with you, but given the context... Really, who cares?

And you never know... We have one of the best goalie in the league and a decent enough defense/offense now that we have Vanek. In the playoffs, anything can happen..

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It was a good trade.

BUT WE ARE NOW, OFFICIALLY NOT "BUILDING THROUGH THE DRAFT".

Fair?

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
I can't believe how easily people are swayed. Whippiddy doo, he got Vanek, Vanek isn't going to solve our problems or bring us a cup. If anything, fans should be upset that Bergevin strayed from his plan.

At least, he got good value and didn't overpay. I'm content with him giving Collberg and a 2nd.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I can't believe how easily people are swayed. Whippiddy doo, he got Vanek, Vanek isn't going to solve our problems or bring us a cup. If anything, fans should be upset that Bergevin strayed from his plan.

At least, he got good value and didn't overpay. I'm content with him giving Collberg and a 2nd.

Those of us who never doubted him didn't have to be "swayed". ;)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

It was a great trade but it's clear that Bergevin doesn't have a set plan or direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad