Post-Game Talk: The Laine Show. Jets Win 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Forbert was really good tonight. He looked comfortable with Pionk, saved a goal, and I didn't notice any sloppy plays by him. Beaulieu and Niku looked lost out there, especially Niku. Cannot wait for DeMelo to return.
Yup. But good ol' POMO proclaimed him a top 8 defenseman after seeing him for all of 7 seconds in camp while banishing Heinola and Samberg. His eye for talent continues to be top notch.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Only a brain dead idiot of a gm would ever consider trading Laine.
At some point if you can't sign him, everyone needs to be traded before the have zero value. But to date Chevy has played this very well. He hasn't escalated anything, or allowed anyone in the organization to escalate the situation. As I said before, once Laine realizes he can carry his own line he will fill more and more comfortable in his role with the team.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
know who looked good on D?
Morrissey
Forbert

know who didn't?
Niku
Beaulieu
By the end of the game, Morrissey and Pionk were by far our best D...

Forbort's only good play was throwing himself into the goal to save himself from being the goat

Still want DeMelo back in the lineup asap

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I've said it before, if there is any truth to Laine wanting to play with Scheifele, he absolutely deserves to. Wheeler bogs down that line.

If it’s true I don’t think it’s necessarily about Scheifele specifically, but with the best players and with plenty of ice time.
KC and Stastny are certainly up there, and if Maurice doesn’t just play the first line to the ground maybe that’s enough?
But Stastny would need to be signed, can’t get back to not having a 2C. Remember Eakin last season? I’d demand a trade too :P

Reactions: Ippenator

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
In regards to Forbert, he wasn't noticeable - that's all I want. Sbisa was always noticeably bad, so he's a huge improvement. Still a third paring guy, but I'll take what we can get.
Yup. I think he'll be fine with Pionk. That'll be a decent #2 pairing.

Reactions: RCAFguytip24112

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Now that's what I call two big points to start the season.
IMG_4555.GIF

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Just saying... I don’t think Dubois could ever command a game like that. Fun to watch. Connor and laine could become one of the deadliest duos around. Go Jets!
Then you missed Columbus' playoff run last year...

Reactions: mondo3

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
In regards to Forbert, he wasn't noticeable - that's all I want. Sbisa was always noticeably bad, so he's a huge improvement. Still a third paring guy, but I'll take what we can get.

I thought he was noticeable, in a good way. He saved a goal, appeared VERY comfortable in his own zone and didn't make any sloppy plays.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Lol Laine's post game is gold. Slept on defense, wanted a break away, faked out some Flames players in our end, faked out myself and it went in!

Hockey's back 2nd and 3rd looked good, 2 points is 2 points let's go!
I really think people mistake Laine’s candid self deprecating humor for something else.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm really looking forward to more of this from Laine. Ehlers was skating, Connor was playing well, Stastny had his moments. The Lowry, Copp, and Appleton line looks like it'll give teams fits. It was a good effort from the second period out and they earned the win. The only thing I wasn't sure I liked was how much Beaulieu reminded me of Mark Stuart at times when he went for the hit and got beat only to give up a scoring chance, but here's hoping that's just him needing to shake some rust off.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
At some point if you can't sign him, everyone needs to be traded before the have zero value. But to date Chevy has played this very well. He hasn't escalated anything, or allowed anyone in the organization to escalate the situation. As I said before, once Laine realizes he can carry his own line he will fill more and more comfortable in his role with the team.

i have no idea how long u have been posting on here but laine is not a center!!!...do not centers carry the line like 55!!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup. But good ol' POMO proclaimed him a top 8 defenseman after seeing him for all of 7 seconds in camp while banishing Heinola and Samberg. His eye for talent continues to be top notch.
Heinola and Samberg are not banished. They are on ELCs so there is no waiver wire risk. In a shortened training camp with no pre-season games you don't throw away players you don't need to.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

If he keeps playing like he did tonight everyone on the team will want to play with him and his issues with minutes and role will go away imo.

He will also get the money he wants as we can afford to pay it, flat cap or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad