Post-Game Talk: The Laine Show. Jets Win 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Laine doesnt kiss Maurice's ass like Wheeler does. I hope he does take a leadership role, but it will take Wheeler taking a step back. Right now, the Maurice - Wheeler bromance seems to dominates the team dynamic. I hope it changes before we lose Laine. He won the game for us. And will win many more for us this year if used right.

i have felt that for a long time!!

Reactions: hn777

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
My personal thought is Laine will feel less of a need to play with the team's #1 center once he develops to the point where he can carry his own line. P. Kane rarely played with Toews, but was more than happy dominating as a scoring winger.

please give it a rest!!!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Nice turnaround. Still absolute confusion in the dzone at times which is the norm now, but the NZ play picked up, D were better at pinching in to make plays and keep pucks in. Laine looked great, as did Ehlers.

Wheeler is an old man in hockey years so he'll need a bit to get going. Hopefully his ice time is managed more as we get further on. He's not a play driver at 5v5 anymore, but he has hands and in short bursts has speed, it just needs to be properly managed so he's not gassed.

I have zero expectations of this team so just be exciting :laugh:
His having slow starts to seasons also isn't anything new. I'm not all too concerned about it yet, but I agree that his ice time needs to be well managed at this point in his career.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jets won the fancy stats battle tonight as well and had the better looks:

53 CF% and 66 XGF%

Take away that first and it was a darn good performance

20202021-20012-5v5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad