Post-Game Talk: The Laine Show. Jets Win 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
At some point if you can't sign him, everyone needs to be traded before the have zero value. But to date Chevy has played this very well. He hasn't escalated anything, or allowed anyone in the organization to escalate the situation. As I said before, once Laine realizes he can carry his own line he will fill more and more comfortable in his role with the team.

i have no idea how long u have been posting on here but laine is not a center!!!...do not centers carry the line like 55!!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Overall game:

1st line: Ehlers was great game, Mark had a decent game. Wheeler didn’t look good, I think Wheeler slow starter syndrome strikes?

2nd line: Stats had a decent game. KC looked good & dangerous offensively. Laine had a very good game, offensively, very solid defensively and love him standing up for KC and dropping his gloves.

3rd line: I thought the entire line was solid overall.

4th line: Not bad

Josh pairing: Josh had a very solid game, Poolman wasn’t great. DeMelo please come back.

Pionk pairing: I thought that had a solid game, impressed with Forbort play.

Niku pairing: Niku was good offensively but pretty shaky defensively.....Beaulieu was shaky also overall. This pairing needs to be fixed, changed badly.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Lol born and raised in Winnipeg.

How about the Finnish district in Northern Garden City?

smart.jpg

Last edited:

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
know who looked good on D?
Morrissey
Forbert

know who didn't?
Niku
Beaulieu

Beaulieu looked really bad out there like he was chasing players and unable to overpower anyone in his own end. Niku looked so lost defensively. Definitely not a good impression made there. Cannot wait for DeMelo to return. I hope the Jets roll the same lines but have DeMelo with Beaulieu.

Reactions: The Big M

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Overall game:

1st line: Ehlers was great game, Mark had a decent game. Wheeler didn’t look good, I think Wheeler slow starter syndrome strikes?

2nd line: Stats had a decent game. KC looked good & dangerous offensively. Laine had a very good game, offensively, very solid defensively and love him standing up for KC and dropping his gloves.

3rd line: I thought the entire line was solid overall.

4th line: Not bad

Josh pairing: Josh had a very solid game, Poolman wasn’t great. DeMelo please come back.

Pionk pairing: I thought that had a solid game, impressed with Forbort play.

Niku pairing: Niku was good offensively but pretty shaky defensively.....Beaulieu was shaky also overall. This pairing needs to be fixed, changed badly.

that is not laines job is to spend time in the box!!...he needs to be on the ice to score goals..that is pomo job to instill that unless pomo is not!!!

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Laine came to play, Ehlers looking great and KC pretty good as well. Niku shouldn't be paired with Booboo - though that one extended defensive zone fiasco began with Wheeler missing 3 passes in a row... He was fighting the puck as badly as Niku tonight. Schiefs, JoMo, Pionk all solid, and Apples & Copp as well. Man, does Lowsy have stone hands still or what...

I didn't mind Forbort, and Perrault is good on the 4th line. Stats was a bit rough, but maybe the older guys just need to shake off some rust.

Ehlers should have been playing in PP1 when Laine was in the box... The Laine -> KC goal was nice - that's what happens when you have threats on both sides, the PK pays when they cheat towards Laine.

Heinola would be an improvement over several D, we'll see how that goes. Good to watch the Jets again, and very rewarding to see them win in OT.

Go Jets! Win all the games!

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
At some point if you can't sign him, everyone needs to be traded before the have zero value. But to date Chevy has played this very well. He hasn't escalated anything, or allowed anyone in the organization to escalate the situation. As I said before, once Laine realizes he can carry his own line he will fill more and more comfortable in his role with the team.
He has 10 % of cap tied until 2024 for an aging player that plays same position than Laine. Yes very well played.

Imagine if Laine would be long term instead Wheeler. Even if Laine would sign Wheels deal will be a huge burden. Typical golden handshake for an old pal.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
By the end of the game, Morrissey and Pionk were by far our best D...

Forbort's only good play was throwing himself into the goal to save himself from being the goat

Still want DeMelo back in the lineup asap

Forbert seemed very comfortable in his own end with the puck which is important for this team that seems to struggle with pressure in their own end.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well the team has a few days to work on shoring up some of the things. The one thing I was not a fan of was putting Pionk on the PK, I get that DeMelo was away but you put your best dmen out in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad