Post-Game Talk: The Laine Show. Jets Win 4-3 in OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
wheeler was slow out there despite the the off season trainng..it could be a concern.......as far as trading laine...it would be insane if wheeler continues his down slide.......

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
Stars of the game IMO

1) Laine

2) Ehlers

3) Who cares, Laine & Ehlers were great.

Haha

Yep. Thought Copp also had himself a pretty good game, Schief looked decent too.

Not sure what to make of the defense at all. I liked a lot of what Niku was doing offensively - guy has crazy talent. But defensively seems pretty easy to play against.

I know it won't happen but would love to see a young guy with a bit of speed up with Ehlers and Schief; they do it all and just need a dude who can keep up. Put Appleton or Harkins up there and see what happens.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Laine after tonight
nYbDcoh.gif

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
laine showd by maurisou for long hidden atletics. patrik "Dolf Lundgren" laine. by still yet playing with 3rd, 4th line winger checkingplayer of small weak stastny. still he put up show. maybe because of first night enthusiastics. hard putting up this for long run with stastny. i say stastny very bad player so. laine for hockeyplaying team. maurisou can hang on here. my word

sir avgard hockeyprofessor
If Laine does leave, do you go with him?

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
seems like youth and speed wins for the jets ...not unlike a few years ago..when they they were described as being a pack of wolves.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Laine, Ehlers- amazing
Hellebuyck really settled in after a tough period
Niku was very good until one terrible shift
Copp/Appleton- pretty good
Fourth line- not noticeably terrible but not optimistic
Scheifele- Strong offensive game but less dynamic than the other two stars
Connor- meh
Wheeler- unequivocal disaster

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So good to have hockey back. I am just going to forget that first period happened.

Helle settled into the game in the second and third and played well to close the game out.

Poolman just doesn't have the skills to play in that role, his lack of ability to move the puck kills a lot of chances. He was steady in his own end though.
Morrissey like Helle settled into the game down the back half. He wasn't at all noticeable the first half of the game but played a real strong third period and OT. He looks to have that confidence and assertiveness back. He plays like he did that third period the old Morrissey will be back.

Forbert had a nice debut, sound defense and solid enough puck movement.
Pionk wasn't super noticeable both ways which isn't a bad first game for him

Beau and Niku: Started the game real positively but had a real rough third period. Niku with some bad giveaways and he was walked a number of times. Beau is what he is a decent enough third pair dmen and played like one

Ehlers was a boss tonight, using his speed to make things happen all game. Scheifele also settled into the game and had a real strong finish. Wheeler was really off tonight, couldn't keep up with the play and made some real dumb decisions with the puck in his end.

Laine was played like a superstar tonight. He just took his game to another level tonight. Sorry Moe but Laine has arrived and its time to turn the keys over to him. Stastny and Conner both had nice nights themselves.

Third line just doing what the third line does. Good night for them.

Fourth line worked hard and grinded. I wish they had a bit more speed though as their effort would have translated into a few more chances had they. But good night for them.

All in all I am happy with that effort and look forward to the team getting into a bit more sync.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Did you guys see how hard the team celebrated that win, it was a hard fought GREAT win!

But all the guys were really patting Patty’s helmet, they all want him to stay. And Laine stayed on the ice to fist bump everyone when they skated off. I think he’s trying to take on a bit of a leadership role... if he gets more such responsibility maybe he’ll stay!

Laine doesnt kiss Maurice's ass like Wheeler does. I hope he does take a leadership role, but it will take Wheeler taking a step back. Right now, the Maurice - Wheeler bromance seems to dominates the team dynamic. I hope it changes before we lose Laine. He won the game for us. And will win many more for us this year if used right.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nice turnaround. Still absolute confusion in the dzone at times which is the norm now, but the NZ play picked up, D were better at pinching in to make plays and keep pucks in. Laine looked great, as did Ehlers.

Wheeler is an old man in hockey years so he'll need a bit to get going. Hopefully his ice time is managed more as we get further on. He's not a play driver at 5v5 anymore, but he has hands and in short bursts has speed, it just needs to be properly managed so he's not gassed.

I have zero expectations of this team so just be exciting :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad