OT: The Avalounge: Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Did you hear about the guy that climbed Everest in 26 hours without ropes??

Kilian Jorant is on another level. I can't really comprehend his level of fitness. He felt sick on his successful record setting summit earlier that week... so he did it again even faster :laugh:

I was also following the EverestNoFilter snapchat at the same time. The contrast between how hard they were struggling on their NoO2 attempt vs Kilian casually running up the thing is amazing.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Kilian Jorant is on another level. I can't really comprehend his level of fitness. He felt sick on his successful record setting summit earlier that week... so he did it again even faster :laugh:

I was also following the EverestNoFilter snapchat at the same time. The contrast between how hard they were struggling on their NoO2 attempt vs Kilian casually running up the thing is amazing.

He's a special guy. I told two of my friends and they straight up told me that what I read was false :laugh: I can't imagine climbing Everest in 26 days nonetheless 26 hours.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Just watched 13 Reasons Why, God I'm all messed up now. Like after you read a really good book ya know?

I wasn't able to finish that show. I got through the first 12 episodes, but I haven't been able to bring myself to finish the series. Like you mentioned, it puts you into a really foreign headspace, and I ain't having none of that right now.

Henchy - did you catch Sunday's episode of Twin Peaks? Dr. Jacoby's character arc has been...bizarre...to say the least. I can't wait until they start answering questions instead of presenting more of them.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Henchy - did you catch Sunday's episode of Twin Peaks? Dr. Jacoby's character arc has been...bizarre...to say the least. I can't wait until they start answering questions instead of presenting more of them.

The more it goes on, the less idea I have of what is going on... I'm getting pretty anxious for Coop to get back to normal. I figured it would have happened by now, but it seems to be dragging a bit too long for me. I'm hoping his staring at the Bowie statue snaps him out of it.

To me, the Jacoby arc seems to be comic relief as much as anything else. Maybe there is a twist there (what am I saying... this is Lynch), but it seems that way.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Drove a manual for the 1st time in 12 years yesterday. A little embarrassing, yes.

I got my license in 2013 driving a manual. I've driven like five cars altogether and 4 of them were like 2010 and newer. In the last couple of years I've only driven an automatic. Safe to say I wouldn't be super comfortable jumping in like a 90's manual.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I saw a stat recently that only 18% of Americans can drive a manual and only like 4% of cars made are manuals. Just shocks me, I've never not owned a manual car.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I saw a stat recently that only 18% of Americans can drive a manual and only like 4% of cars made are manuals. Just shocks me, I've never not owned a manual car.

Yeah it's interesting. My dad (who taught me) actually got a manual so I could get my license in a manual. Since if you get your license in an automatic, you'll get a license that only allows you to drive an automatic.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You cant text, drink coffee and make Drake like hand movements to your music if you drive a manual.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You cant text, drink coffee and make Drake like hand movements to your music if you drive a manual.

Then you aren't that good at driving a manual ;) in all reality I think everyone should be required to know how to drive a manual, I feel like it's a skill everyone should have. But maybe I'm the crazy one here.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Then you aren't that good at driving a manual ;) in all reality I think everyone should be required to know how to drive a manual, I feel like it's a skill everyone should have. But maybe I'm the crazy one here.

I used to think driving a manual would be kinda tricky before I started driving. It's actually easy as ****.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I learned to drive manual on an old ford truck with a 3 on the tree while driving around the farm. Everything else has been easy since.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I learned to drive manual on an old ford truck with a 3 on the tree while driving around the farm. Everything else has been easy since.

Oh god 3 on the tree scares me haha. My friend learned on a 1956 Ford F-150 she like you it's been super easy for him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
For day to day stuff... I totally get the appeal of an auto. Even drag racing they are better. There isn't much better than rowing gears up a mountain road though... if only my best car for that wasn't so damn obnoxious...

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Manual transmissions are nice for fuel economy, but not ideal for city driving, especially in a mountain town where most stop signs and lights are on slopes/inclines

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Learned to drive manual only in the last couple years. Those first couple hours were humbling to say the least :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad