OT: The Avalounge: Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Just tried Twin Peaks, the original series.
Got 3 episodes in, and decided it's not for me.

Trying Jessica Jones now.

~*~

My mother-in-law passed away Thursday.
No funeral.
She donated her body to science.
Wife and kids are devastated, though.
Going through her stuff isn't easy for them, but it has to be done.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
She was a smoker forever.
Then she got COPD.
Had that for a while.
Recently she got a lung infection that she just couldn't shake.
So we've seen it coming for a while.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Sorry for your loss, Bubba. Good on her for supporting scientific research, though.

I tried for 2 and a half hours at the very least to get the platinum relic race trophy at Sewer Speedway in CTR. Couldn't. Time well spent.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I broke down and watched the first 3 episodes last night. The series is definitely not the same... holy crap it got dark, in a good way too. I found myself muttering WTF? on more than a few occasions. Trying to avoid spoilers, but I'm very curious with where this story is going. I have a basic thought, of the premise... but this is David Lynch. I guarantee I will be completely wrong.

Also, it might be the most beautifully shot TV show I have ever seen. The camera work is utterly phenomenal.

So many WTF moments in these first few episodes, just like most things Lynch is a part of. He's definitely not shying away from the weird so far. I'm just waiting for something akin to the diner scene from Mulholland Drive to happen and really ramp up the horror aspect of the show.

Did you get through episode 4? I'll attempt to make this as spoiler-free as possible: Wally's appearance was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a long time.

Agreed about the camera work, too. Absolutely gorgeous for a TV show.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
People looking for a good show to watch on Netflix? Highly highly recommend Shameless, probably my favourite TV show currently running. Yes even over shows like TWD and GOT.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
My dad ended up in the hospital last night. He was working on our trailer in the driveway, knelt down and felt his knee pop. Came in the house and said he had to go to the hospital. We started talking to him, and he laid back on the stairs and his eyes rolled over. My mom couldn't find a pulse so started CPR as I called an ambulance. They showed up, took him to the hospital, and after six hours and numerous tests found nothing wrong with his heart. They aren't sure what happened with his knee but he didn't tear any muscles or ligaments, but the pain was so bad, that his heart stopped and his body shut down to avoid dealing with it. Very scary, but he's out now and walking around.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
LMAO, I had a dream where it came out that Landy and Pickard had appeared in an adult movie during the off-season. (Part of the trailer was there, Landy drove a boat.) There were serious questions raised on HFBoards about team culture and summer training. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
My dad ended up in the hospital last night. He was working on our trailer in the driveway, knelt down and felt his knee pop. Came in the house and said he had to go to the hospital. We started talking to him, and he laid back on the stairs and his eyes rolled over. My mom couldn't find a pulse so started CPR as I called an ambulance. They showed up, took him to the hospital, and after six hours and numerous tests found nothing wrong with his heart. They aren't sure what happened with his knee but he didn't tear any muscles or ligaments, but the pain was so bad, that his heart stopped and his body shut down to avoid dealing with it. Very scary, but he's out now and walking around.

Scary, indeed!

Glad to hear that he's feeling alright. :thumbu:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Saw this band in a local nightclub last night.
They were at least 10 times better than this vid -- and that was playing for a nearly empty venue.
They kicked serious ass, especially for a two-piece band.
Very friendly, very cool.
I'm gonna promote them as much as I can.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Just tried Twin Peaks, the original series.
Got 3 episodes in, and decided it's not for me.

Trying Jessica Jones now.

~*~

My mother-in-law passed away Thursday.
No funeral.
She donated her body to science.
Wife and kids are devastated, though.
Going through her stuff isn't easy for them, but it has to be done.

My condolences. Death is never an easy thing, especially with family.

Holy crap! That is a freaky story! I have heard of this existing, but never heard a real story about it.

So many WTF moments in these first few episodes, just like most things Lynch is a part of. He's definitely not shying away from the weird so far. I'm just waiting for something akin to the diner scene from Mulholland Drive to happen and really ramp up the horror aspect of the show.

Did you get through episode 4? I'll attempt to make this as spoiler-free as possible: Wally's appearance was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a long time.

Agreed about the camera work, too. Absolutely gorgeous for a TV show.

I think that moment is going to happen in the next couple episodes. Lynch is building up to something big, and I think the first 4 episodes were released the way they were for that reason.

I did! I about died laughing! I understand it was probably just a cameo, but I want Wally back for a few episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad