OT: The Avalounge: Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I enjoy these

DBGGlLfV0AAgKDq.jpg:large

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Any D&D dorks in here? I'm about to start my first campaign as a DM, running my own custom campaign. I've been through several runs as a player and now I'm going to start running my own group starting hopefully next week.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Any D&D dorks in here? I'm about to start my first campaign as a DM, running my own custom campaign. I've been through several runs as a player and now I'm going to start running my own group starting hopefully next week.

Throw em into Revenloft, that'll do em over ! But yeah, I play every week.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Guys, had to share this with you as I found this hilarious. The Avs Facebook guy starts a thread:

Trivia Tuesday, Which player has the most shootout goals in franchise history.

Reply one: Was it Wolski? Named my dog after him...was traded 2 weeks later to Arizona

Reply two: Please get a dog and name it Beauchemin.

Hahahaha, sorry, you guys know I'm very positive, but this made me laugh.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Guys, had to share this with you as I found this hilarious. The Avs Facebook guy starts a thread:

Trivia Tuesday, Which player has the most shootout goals in franchise history.

Reply one: Was it Wolski? Named my dog after him...was traded 2 weeks later to Arizona ��

Reply two: Please get a dog and name it Beauchemin.

Hahahaha, sorry, you guys know I'm very positive, but this made me laugh.

Umm...

*Raises hand*

*Evil laugh*

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Throw em into Revenloft, that'll do em over ! But yeah, I play every week.

I'm running Pathfinder. Most of my experience as a player has been that and 3.5, so I'm ​most comfortable with that ruleset. I know a guy who ran a custom ruleset the first time, but I'm not nearly a good enough rules lawyer to make that work for me.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'm running Pathfinder. Most of my experience as a player has been that and 3.5, so I'm ​most comfortable with that ruleset. I know a guy who ran a custom ruleset the first time, but I'm not nearly a good enough rules lawyer to make that work for me.

Oh, stay 3.5 edition for sure, mate. 4th edition just became a sales pitch for a miniature game by Wizards - they just don't get what the game was designed about and for man.

Our group plays 3.5, but with our own spin, some new classes like The Battlerager (think Thibbledrawf Pwent in the Drizzt series).

My current character is a Blackguard.

We swap up DM'ing in our group. Got a few birds (shiella's - women) - sorry, Aussieisms as well so it's mixed up. Maybe 9 play at one time.

I'm about to run the giant modules (remember them from 1st edition?). Hill giants first up, but there's a Storm Giant in there. Typical D&D module where you fight through the masses of giants to get to the treasure, being a +4 Longsword (Giant Slayer) bane versus giants...hahaha...

Everyone's always like, "siiiigh, could have given us that at the START of these giant modules" hahahaha...stuff em though ;)

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Been quite a while since I played pen and paper AD&D...like 2nd edition was new long. Hard to find a group here. But I play Neverwinter online, which scratches the itch. Hoping to find a real game once we get to Singapore.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Oh, stay 3.5 edition for sure, mate. 4th edition just became a sales pitch for a miniature game by Wizards - they just don't get what the game was designed about and for man.

Our group plays 3.5, but with our own spin, some new classes like The Battlerager (think Thibbledrawf Pwent in the Drizzt series).

My current character is a Blackguard.

We swap up DM'ing in our group. Got a few birds (shiella's - women) - sorry, Aussieisms as well so it's mixed up. Maybe 9 play at one time.

I'm about to run the giant modules (remember them from 1st edition?). Hill giants first up, but there's a Storm Giant in there. Typical D&D module where you fight through the masses of giants to get to the treasure, being a +4 Longsword (Giant Slayer) bane versus giants...hahaha...

Everyone's always like, "siiiigh, could have given us that at the START of these giant modules" hahahaha...stuff em though ;)

9 at a time? Damn, never played with a group of more than 4, I'd think decision making for a group would be impossible with 9 characters at once. My group has 4, two with experience, one novice, one first-timer. I'll be leaning on the two guys with DM experience for some of the details on rules when I'm getting started.

I really hope they follow the bread crumbs I lay out for them to get to the plot, but if they dick around I think I have enough stuff to fill the blank spaces on the map with things. I made the campaign on an island so they can't stray too far off the grid.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
9 at a time? Damn, never played with a group of more than 4, I'd think decision making for a group would be impossible with 9 characters at once. My group has 4, two with experience, one novice, one first-timer. I'll be leaning on the two guys with DM experience for some of the details on rules when I'm getting started.

I really hope they follow the bread crumbs I lay out for them to get to the plot, but if they dick around I think I have enough stuff to fill the blank spaces on the map with things. I made the campaign on an island so they can't stray too far off the grid.

Heh, just get them to roll a 1d12 each, and on a 1 or 2, there is a "random encounter" that steers them in the direction you need em to go !

Want to know how evil I am as a DM? I created two of my own sorts of creatures:

1. Ghost beholders
2. Rust Monsters (wait for it) with wings hahahaha

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Heh, just get them to roll a 1d12 each, and on a 1 or 2, there is a "random encounter" that steers them in the direction you need em to go !

Want to know how evil I am as a DM? I created two of my own sorts of creatures:

1. Ghost beholders
2. Rust Monsters (wait for it) with wings hahahaha

Ghost Beholders? How do you live with yourself?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'm starting my first D&D game next week (as a player). I'm a little afraid of the learning curve but I think I'll get the hang of it after a couple of sessions.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Ghost Beholders? How do you live with yourself?

One of my players at one stage had a dwarven character who was always worried about getting attacked by almost anybody. His character often had anxiety issues.

He was sitting in a rather busy bar consuming a cold mead, when a refined looking fellow entered, perused his surroundings, almost appraising the inhabitants. Eye contact was made, and this gentleman made a B-line, straight toward the table the fine dwarven warrior was resting back, and relaxing.

"Cards, my friend?" the new visitor asked, with a raised eyebrow.

Feeling the affects & subsequent confidence his 6th or 7th mead imparted, the dwarf agreed. Easy coin to be had he thought. Additionally, if he lost the game, he'd just throttle his newly found cards partner out of any gold lost!!

The dwarf nodded in the affirmative.

"Do you mind if I invite an acquaintance, my friend", the gentleman enquired.

"Sure to be quick about it then," the dwarf stated rather curtly, and almost on queue, coming through the taverns double doors was a creature nothing like the drawf had ever seen.

This creature was standing a little over 6 feet tall, and appeared humanoid in the most general of terms. Its flesh was rubbery and mauve, glistening with chill slime. The creatures head looked rather like a four tentacled octopus, made all the more horrible, by a pair of bloated white eyes. Its mouth, a revolting thing like a lampreys maw, constantly dripped an oily slime.

The creatures dark cloak billowed as he appeared to float over to the table, and almost melt into the chair opposite the stunned drawrf.

Romer siphoned all his courage and mettle to not throw himself backwards and tumble out of his seating apparatus.

"Fear not my new friend, a simple round of cards is all we seek on this fine evening", the refined gentleman explained with a grin. The dwarves eyes widened in horror when he saw the two, long, sharp teeth emitting from this fellows upper jaw.

He was playing cards with a mind flayer, a creature of the underdark, and a vampire, an evil, blood sucking, life stealing creature of the dead !!

This is a situation I put a mate of mine in, in D&D. See how evil I am? And I went on from there. Hahahaha - made it up on the fly as well....I just added some bits in there hehehe

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I enjoy these

DBGGlLfV0AAgKDq.jpg:large

LOL at Wisconsin...

I played at least once a week for 30+ years, Haven't played in the last 10 or so, though. We played bastardized 2.0 rules

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
LOL, at some of those spellchecks. What in the hell? Banana must be in the first handful of words Finnish kids learn or already know when they start English at around 8.

Also, can a trending Twitter joke at least for once be something not completely unfunny?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
LOL, at some of those spellchecks. What in the hell? Banana must be in the first handful of words Finnish kids learn or already know when they start English at around 8.

Also, can a trending Twitter joke at least for once be something not completely unfunny?

I figured it would have been ketchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad