OT: The Avalounge: Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I broke down and watched the first 3 episodes last night. The series is definitely not the same... holy crap it got dark, in a good way too. I found myself muttering WTF? on more than a few occasions. Trying to avoid spoilers, but I'm very curious with where this story is going. I have a basic thought, of the premise... but this is David Lynch. I guarantee I will be completely wrong.

Also, it might be the most beautifully shot TV show I have ever seen. The camera work is utterly phenomenal.

I've watched the lost highway and mullhuland drive about 4 times each and still have no clue what either one is about... DL is one weird guy

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
WTF another promised carpentry job has fallen through.

This contractor was apparently "super desperate for guys," and told me that "we will need you this week for sure." I was supposed to start today but he called me and is now "unsure when we will need your help."

God damn it. I have some seriously ****** luck when it comes to these jobs.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
How did the bee land in your hair? Were you not wearing a space helmet?

Hm good point, I guess it was a habitable planet...but the funny thing was that a guy who has no hair is held responsible for my mistake caused by big hair... Ahh nevermind, this was the first dream I remember in last 6-7 months

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
To make a statement. Again.
As long as no concrete actions are taken, these people will see no reason to stop it.

What action do you take though? Violence? That's what they want. In an increasingly connected world this type of stuff is next to impossible to stop.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
he wants concrete actions taken by anybody except him
Yes of course that is what I meant......

But as TV said this would go too political.
But we cannot continue this "we have to stay the same" "we have to continue living the same way".
That is submission and acceptance that this is the new normal.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Annndddd looks like I'm flying out to NC tomorrow to attend my grandmother's funeral.

At least I get to see hickey girl on the tail end of the trip....

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Probably one of the most true to life shows I have ever seen.

So true. It just feels very genuine and the writing is so good that the dialogue is realistic. The second season was significantly better than the first imo. I binged it all in like two days. [spoil]The episode where they jump from individual story to individual story was easily the best in the series. Felt like a documentary look into the lives of random New Yorkers. The ups and down with Francesca felt like a glimpse into a real love triangle. Every party was guilty to some degree and it couldn't be tied up in a pretty happily-ever-after-bow at the end. My life is absolutely nothing like Aziz's character but I found myself seeing lots of little things that make the show very relatable.[/spoil] 8/10 for me. Season One was something like 6/10.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Man that sucks I'm sorry to hear that :(
Thanks. I'm going to miss her dearly. She was an amazing women and I was lucky to have her as my grandmother. She worked her ass off raising many amazing people that I get to call my family. So many kind and positive words. She would send emails telling me how much she liked my climbing and skiing pictures. I wish I had replied more often now... I'm also glad for the wonder of modern technology. I got to facetime with her during her last few hours of lucidity a couple days ago. She asked me if I was going skiing that day. :(

She had been very sick and in hospice for the past month so I have had time to prepare... but I still broke down when I got the news earlier today. I can't imagine how hard this is for my mother and all my aunts, uncles, and cousins. At least I can take the time away from work to go be with them.

I guess there's a small positive in there at least :dunno:

It's a big positive for me. At least I can take this situation and make the best of it.

We've been basically long distance dating since she left. She is now going to pick me up from the airport tomorrow too.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks. I'm going to miss her dearly. She was an amazing women and I was lucky to have her as my grandmother. She worked her ass off raising many amazing people that I get to call my family. So many kind and positive words. She would send emails telling me how much she liked my climbing and skiing pictures. I wish I had replied more often now... I'm also glad for the wonder of modern technology. I got to facetime with her during her last few hours of lucidity a couple days ago. She asked me if I was going skiing that day. :(

She had been very sick and in hospice for the past month so I have had time to prepare... but I still broke down when I got the news earlier today. I can't imagine how hard this is for my mother and all my aunts, uncles, and cousins. At least I can take the time away from work to go be with them.

It's a big positive for me. At least I can take this situation and make the best of it.

We've been basically long distance dating since she left. She is now going to pick me up from the airport tomorrow too.

I went through my grandma dying a few years ago due to a really bad stroke. Seeing her pretty much half paralyzed was pretty hard to see, just a great woman. At least we know they're off to a better place now!

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
:laugh:

Very true... this is everybit as Lynchian as those movies.

It's been a looooooong time since I've watched twin peaks. At least 10 years. I guess if there's new episodes I'll have to revisit the series. Like I don't already have 4 more seasons of shameless to rifle through Bye social life

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not sure where to post this. Did 47 brand quit making Avs hats? I'm trying to replace mine but can't seem to find it. I love non-fitted floppy hats. They do a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad