OT: The Avalounge: Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Yikes... that sucks. Hopefully it is all good now.

What all did they do to it? I couldn't imagine spending more than $1000 at a time on a vehicle.

Both head gaskets/water pump/bunch of new hoses and seals/new radiator. On top of a crazy amount of labor cost.

I was supposed to go skiing today with this freak storm that is coming through the West but had to bail because my car STILL sounds and is running like ****. I was told that the power steering would be a little funky as air bubbles filtered through the system but it now has this horrible whine coming from the alternator too. The power steering feels WORSE than it did when I got I back from the shop yesterday. So instead of going and skiing on the last pow day of the year I have to take it back into the shop today. I'm so ****ing pissed. This is the nightmare that just will not end.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Cornell news is brutal. Eddie Vedder is the last singer left from that era. If he goes that'll be tough for me.

Soundgarden was recording a new album too.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
One of my favorites, both Soundgarden and Audioslave were giants in my eyes, in large thanks to Cornell.

Happy trails Chris, R.I.P

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Both head gaskets/water pump/bunch of new hoses and seals/new radiator. On top of a crazy amount of labor cost.

I was supposed to go skiing today with this freak storm that is coming through the West but had to bail because my car STILL sounds and is running like ****. I was told that the power steering would be a little funky as air bubbles filtered through the system but it now has this horrible whine coming from the alternator too. The power steering feels WORSE than it did when I got I back from the shop yesterday. So instead of going and skiing on the last pow day of the year I have to take it back into the shop today. I'm so ****ing pissed. This is the nightmare that just will not end.

Damn it never ends... Air bubbles in power steering will make it behave poorly and make noise. There are ways for them to eliminate that from happening instead of just letting it work itself out. Alternator noise could be belt tension (unlikely in a serpentine system), or pulley alignment. My guess the latter and something is just a bit off. Maybe they forgot a spacer or washer.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Damn it never ends... Air bubbles in power steering will make it behave poorly and make noise. There are ways for them to eliminate that from happening instead of just letting it work itself out. Alternator noise could be belt tension (unlikely in a serpentine system), or pulley alignment. My guess the latter and something is just a bit off. Maybe they forgot a spacer or washer.

Brought it in and the guy is claiming that it is only the power steering that is still messed up. They are going to bleed the system to get rid of the air bubbles and make sure everything is connected correctly. I'm so ****ing pissed that I missed out on skiing today because they couldn't be bothered to finish their job yesterday instead. But I know I made the right call. If my power steering had **** out on the drive to Denver tomorrow in the horrible weather going over the passes I would have been in trouble for sure.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
car trouble is the worst. i just sunk 1000 dollars into my ****** car and its already failing on me again. I'm flying down to denver next weekend and purchasing a relatives car and driving er home. hoping for better luck with the new whip

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Yes definitely, despite their short tenure.

The whole Seattle grunge scene is close to my heart, love Cornell, Vedder, Cobain, Grohl etc but Layne was my favorite.

Same here except that Cobain was my favorite. And even though they weren't from that scene I loved STP as well but Weiland is gone too. I just hope that Eddie and Dave will keep on rocking for many years to come.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Audioslave was a favorite of mine for a really long time. Very sad losing a voice like Cornell's. I'm listening to some of his hits here and it's hitting pretty hard. There's been a lot of artist deaths in recent years but none hit my own music preferences like this one.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Audioslave was a favorite of mine for a really long time. Very sad losing a voice like Cornell's. I'm listening to some of his hits here and it's hitting pretty hard. There's been a lot of artist deaths in recent years but none hit my own music preferences like this one.

I hear you there, I loved Soundgarden (Superunknown was my first CD ever back in the early 90s). The only recent death that hit me harder was Nick Menza (ex-Megadeth drummer) since they're my 2nd favorite band.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
****. Heard about Chris first thing this morning when my alarm went off before my eyes were even open.

Going to have to rip some audioslave/soundgarden tonight.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Grew up with them in the Pacific Northwest in the late 80's early 90's when he rose to fame.

Love all of CC's early music especially early Soundgarden.

So sad today..

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
I'll also echo the sadness hearing about Chris. It's hard to believe how someone can go from being fine playing a show to taking their own life in just a few short hours. Like I told my friend, the human mind is quite fragile.

Also, it's hard to believe just how much of a toll that Grunge era seemed to take on these musicians. Most of the prominent 90's rockers have safely passed already while the same proportion from the 70's are still around.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I got admitted to an English minor program and I'm going to be an English teacher now too. :dumbo:

Is becus I knows the Inglish so gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad