OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcade Fire

Trash human being.
Apr 17, 2014
The Suburbs
I think it may be a combination of the bands I like and Toronto crowds. I'm glad you've never experienced it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I once had a guy scream in my face because I was moving to the music and bumped into him a little, interrupting his standing and staring at the band. Don't get me wrong, I've been in some amazing crowds more often than not, but those dead ones... man it's rough.
Man, that sounds like my Alt-J concert in February... dude turned around mid-concert and shouted at me that my hand had touched his back twice. What the hell are you doing in the front part of the crowd if you don't plan on moving/dancing to the music ffs?!

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
God of War currently sitting at a 94 Metacritic...

4aed1cfc2e4189416fdd6084ed2184789db8cbec_hq.gif

Reactions: LieutenantDangle

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think it may be a combination of the bands I like and Toronto crowds. I'm glad you've never experienced it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I once had a guy scream in my face because I was moving to the music and bumped into him a little, interrupting his standing and staring at the band. Don't get me wrong, I've been in some amazing crowds more often than not, but those dead ones... man it's rough.

I've found that concerts, especially Indie/Alternative rock bands attract the people who go there just for the music, rather than experiencing a live band. Festivals seem to attract the more active crowds, but they also have some of the worst crowds too.

Reactions: MarkT

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
:naughty:

That's awesome though, it isn't broken leg girl is it?

Nope, that ended back in early March. Apparently her hearing for the first time that I was interested in her/liked her was enough for her to just stop talking with me altogether. As if there weren't plenty of other clues/hints dropped from November-that point (and there were). Made a last ditch effort when I believed that she was starting to ghost me, to see if she wanted to get together for dinner, and my suspicions were confirmed--she was ghosting me.

This is someone I actually went to high school with, albeit she was a grade or two below me. I'd always kind of had a thing for her, and I'd suspected that she had one for me too (at least when we were in HS), but our timing was never right. But today I just decided "f*** it...ask her and if she says 'no', then it's cool, at least you asked". And she said yes, and indicated that she wanted to do it tomorrow, and found a babysitter. Now we're set for tomorrow night.

Reactions: Tweaky

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nope, that ended back in early March. Apparently her hearing for the first time that I was interested in her/liked her was enough for her to just stop talking with me altogether. As if there weren't plenty of other clues/hints dropped from November-that point (and there were). Made a last ditch effort when I believed that she was starting to ghost me, to see if she wanted to get together for dinner, and my suspicions were confirmed--she was ghosting me.

This is someone I actually went to high school with, albeit she was a grade or two below me. I'd always kind of had a thing for her, and I'd suspected that she had one for me too (at least when we were in HS), but our timing was never right. But today I just decided "**** it...ask her and if she says 'no', then it's cool, at least you asked". And she said yes, and indicated that she wanted to do it tomorrow, and found a babysitter. Now we're set for tomorrow night.
You got a young one?

E: Brain fart, she's the single Mom.

Reactions: Tweaky

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I for one would have a hard time dating a single mom. The best case scenario is you become a parent to their kid, but that kid will always be theirs more than your and raising them is likely to be less rewarding than raising your own. And if they're already grown up you're very lucky if you and the kid can even tolerate each other.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Never had a problem dating a single mom back in my dating days. But I also had a kid (though not with me, lived with first wife while I was active duty), so it was a bit different. Looking back, one GF I was very serious about had a daughter that I was unconsciously treating as a surrogate for my real daughter. Actually another GF I was serious about also had a daughter. Hmm, GF's with sons never became serious. Only one came close, but timing was never right. But I am a lousy example, as I tried to jump into full blown adulting by the time I was 18.5 (married, kid, boot camp, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad