OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Completely foreign to me, but I'm heading out on my 2nd first date in 2 days. 3rd is tomorrow.

I started using coffee meets bagel a week ago to give that a shot and conversations just started flowing. Pulled 3 numbers in one day.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I for one would have a hard time dating a single mom. The best case scenario is you become a parent to their kid, but that kid will always be theirs more than your and raising them is likely to be less rewarding than raising your own. And if they're already grown up you're very lucky if you and the kid can even tolerate each other.

Yeah, I understand where you’re coming from, but in the end it just didn’t matter to me. Usually a dinner date isn’t my idea of a “good first date”, since you usually want to try and get to know them, but since we already know each other from high school I didn’t think it would be a bad idea.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, I understand where you’re coming from, but in the end it just didn’t matter to me. Usually a dinner date isn’t my idea of a “good first date”, since you usually want to try and get to know them, but since we already know each other from high school I didn’t think it would be a bad idea.

In my opinion a first date is one where you are able to have a conversation that gets beyond the small talk phase, and experience something you both find fun. However, if you've already done the beyond small talk conversation a few times in the past, the date should just be fun because you want to prove you can have a good time together. And for the record, what counts as fun varies widely depending on the person.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
too slow on the ninja edit :(
200w.webp

Reactions: Tweaky

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
In my opinion a first date is one where you are able to have a conversation that gets beyond the small talk phase, and experience something you both find fun. However, if you've already done the beyond small talk conversation a few times in the past, the date should just be fun because you want to prove you can have a good time together. And for the record, what counts as fun varies widely depending on the person.

Exactly, that's what the first date should be. Given that we went to HS together, and knew each other a bit because we tended to run in the same circles, it made more sense to me to suggest the dinner date.

We'll see how it goes, I don't believe I'm going to be introduced to her children super soon, provided tonight goes well. I think it would have to be a little bit, where we both believe that this is something that could go somewhere. FTR, I'm not saying that's where my head is at right now, because I have no idea how she is in a relationship, nor she I. That was more of a "if this thing progresses..." scenario.

In other news...I think I'm down another shirt and pant size, which is both very awesome and aggravating because nothing I've found at Goodwill or Thrift Shops have fit me well or been something I want to wear, so I've been buying a shit-ton of stuff from Old Navy (they tend to be cheap, and they've fit me nice). So I just got some new work shirts and pants, and I may already be too small for them....

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I had my first ultra sound yesterday. Holy crap is that crazy. Like, there’s a thing in me that’s alive. :eek:
Also my lifelong suspicions were confirmed, I have a crazy small bladder.

IF I could "Like" this post more, I would. I'm so frigging happy for you and your husband Sam!

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
IF I could "Like" this post more, I would. I'm so frigging happy for you and your husband Sam!
Thanks! We’re pretty stoked. I’m a pessimist and when we decided to have kids I was thinking it would take forever and I’d have all the problems and it was first try!
Also I’m due on my birthday so that’s fun lol

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Good luck!

We just had our first child 4 weeks ago. It’s been extremely intense, but the kid being so damn cute makes it worth it. Be prepared for no sleep and lots and lots of crying :) Our life has definitely changed overnight.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Started to play my Switch on dock mode and omg what a difference it makes.

Also Switch had made me appreciate gaming consoles again, my Xbox One has been used as a YT/CFB/MLB/etc. game player for couple years now.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Black metal logos are hilarious. For those not "in the know" for the subculture, they're specifically designed to be 99% illegible. You see, only TRUE fans of the band would recognize that specific configuration of jagged lines, and if you don't know the logo you're obviously a poser.

I love metal, but some metalheads are goddamn hilarious with how seriously they take themselves.

Reactions: Pokecheque

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So I picked my date up at 8pm last night, we went out to dinner, then a karaoke bar (her idea), but it turned out this bar wasn't doing karaoke that night.

I didn't get home until a little after midnight, and I had my long-standing suspicion confirmed: she had a crush on me back in high school, and she mentioned more than once that she was "really glad you asked me out".

So yeah, I think it went well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So I picked my date up at 8pm last night, we went out to dinner, then a karaoke bar (her idea), but it turned out this bar wasn't doing karaoke that night.

I didn't get home until a little after midnight, and I had my long-standing suspicion confirmed: she had a crush on me back in high school, and she mentioned more than once that she was "really glad you asked me out".

So yeah, I think it went well.

So you're saying there's a chance? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad