OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I’ve never wanted the offensive language filter lifted more than this moment, because CONGRATU-****ING-LATIONS! That’s awesome man, I’m genuinely happy for you!

Thanks, RL!! Should be a fun experience on Friday, but I’m hoping we can get through our wedding dinner ASAP so I can watch the Avs finally beat the Preds in Nashville during game 5.

Massive congrats, hopefully the Avs deliver you a series win as a wedding gift... or at least a couple home W’s

Thanks, man! That’d for sure be the best wedding present we could ask for. I think my fiancée wants a standing mixer, but I’ll have to put my foot down and request some Avs playoff wins instead.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
See I’m 32, and if I keep trying to find someone without kids it just significantly narrows the field, and it’s usually people in their mid-20s (like 24-26), and not that there’s anything wrong with that age group, but I’m over that scene you know? Plus beyond aesthetic attraction, I’m also drawn to intelligence and success—and this woman has that. If this ends up going anywhere, I’ll be wondering what she’s doing with me. Plus I’ve had a thing for this woman for a while now, and kids or no kids, I didn’t want to go through life regretting not trying.

My ex didn’t want kids, and she let me know that early on, so I made a choice to make that concession back then. Now I’m 32, going on 33, and we’re not together and I believe I do want kids. So that’s a large part of why this current situation doesn’t bother me. IF it works out (and it’s a big if, I know that), I know I’ll never replace the dad, but it’s still kids, and something I want.
It's natural for a guy in his early 30's to date a girl in mid 20's, which majority of time do not have kids. But if you're done with some of that drama which I totally understand you definitely getting more into single mom territory. Not that single Mom's are bad, but I could never see myself wanting to date one personally.

Last edited:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
There's two sides to the coin though. While I understand the POV you're coming from, some people are single parents because the relationship with the father/mother of their child(ren) crumbles. No one can predict it happening. The last person I was in a relationship with was for 9 years. I was 23 when we started dating and we were engaged to be married and broke up shortly before I turned 32. I had no idea it was going to end that way.

Like you said, you're not blaming all single mothers (but it really should be "single parents", because there are single dads out there too). Again, I'm not saying this is something that is going to work out for me, but I understand it's a package deal, and it's non-negotiable. If her and I begin to get more serious, then I know there will be a discussion as to when she wants me to meet her children, because that is an important step. We're obviously not even close to being at that point yet, but I'm not scared of it.

I honestly think you can predict it if you always communicate with your partner. If communication breaks down often, there's things you can't talk about, or they're frequently the cause of your unhappiness, then that's pretty much a sign the relationship is doomed at some point. If you communicate properly, and you help each other grow into a person you'll always love, then the relationship should last as long as it's built upon a strong foundation (similar passions, same long-term life goals, etc..). The way to achieve this is really simple - you train your partner and you let them train you, by encouraging them to do things you like, not by waiting until they do something wrong then punishing them/getting angry. It's my belief that if a relationship breaks down it's because it was either not build on a strong foundation or the two people involved didn't put in the work it takes to build a strong relationship. But then again to do all that takes a certain kind of person that makes up a pretty small amount of overall people, which is why I would never seriously date the vast majority of women, really.

And yes, I should have said "single parents", but as we all know with the way the law works it's much more common to find a single mother than a single father, and since we're both (I assume) straight men it makes more sense to talk about single mothers anyway.

All that being said, I'm not trying to talk you out of this relationship. I'm just trying to pass on my knowledge about human relationship to help you (or anyone reading this) to make the right decisions for their life and not do anything blindly and regret it later. If you can find happiness, responsibility, and a supportive relationship by dating a single mother, then by all means go for it.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I honestly think you can predict it if you always communicate with your partner. If communication breaks down often, there's things you can't talk about, or they're frequently the cause of your unhappiness, then that's pretty much a sign the relationship is doomed at some point. If you communicate properly, and you help each other grow into a person you'll always love, then the relationship should last as long as it's built upon a strong foundation (similar passions, same long-term life goals, etc..). The way to achieve this is really simple - you train your partner and you let them train you, by encouraging them to do things you like, not by waiting until they do something wrong then punishing them/getting angry. It's my belief that if a relationship breaks down it's because it was either not build on a strong foundation or the two people involved didn't put in the work it takes to build a strong relationship. But then again to do all that takes a certain kind of person that makes up a pretty small amount of overall people, which is why I would never seriously date the vast majority of women, really.

And yes, I should have said "single parents", but as we all know with the way the law works it's much more common to find a single mother than a single father, and since we're both (I assume) straight men it makes more sense to talk about single mothers anyway.

All that being said, I'm not trying to talk you out of this relationship. I'm just trying to pass on my knowledge about human relationship to help you (or anyone reading this) to make the right decisions for their life and not do anything blindly and regret it later. If you can find happiness, responsibility, and a supportive relationship by dating a single mother, then by all means go for it.

Wait... Is MarkT a bot?

tenor.gif

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
As a mid 20 year old guy dating a single mom is just a big fat no-no. For obvious reasons. Right now I can barely afford basic amenities let alone everything that goes with that.

I’m lucky my girlfriend hates when I pay for everything because money is scarce that’s for sure.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This has been the weirdest weekend for me. Since Friday, I have seen:

-Legendarily crazy asshole customer get thrown out of my store.

-Uber Driving taking me to the middle of bumblef*** nowhere in the mountains.

-Rabid raccoon hiding in our store's outside storage.

-A customer paying for his items with a handful of quarters that also included a bloody tooth.

At this point, I'm fully expecting to make first contact with alien life in the parking lot tomorrow. I hope this trend doesn't continue at the Avs game tonight, unless the warping of reality around me yields hat tricks for MacK, Rants, and Landy simultaneously.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
As a mid 20 year old guy dating a single mom is just a big fat no-no. For obvious reasons. Right now I can barely afford basic amenities let alone everything that goes with that.
Reading through all that this is all I could think about. Ain't no reason to get involved with that right now. Keep it simple and childless for the foreseeable suture.

Reactions: Oxymoron

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm pretty much done now... with a take home due later this month. Planning to do it on Thursday. Honestly, this semester has went pretty well considering the effort I put in my studies. Didn't do much and never actually went hard in studying for my only exam.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
This has been the weirdest weekend for me. Since Friday, I have seen:

-Legendarily crazy ******* customer get thrown out of my store.

-Uber Driving taking me to the middle of bumble**** nowhere in the mountains.

-Rabid raccoon hiding in our store's outside storage.

-A customer paying for his items with a handful of quarters that also included a bloody tooth.

At this point, I'm fully expecting to make first contact with alien life in the parking lot tomorrow. I hope this trend doesn't continue at the Avs game tonight, unless the warping of reality around me yields hat tricks for MacK, Rants, and Landy simultaneously.
You Uber drive? I do that too. It’s pretty fun actually.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
You Uber drive? I do that too. It’s pretty fun actually.
Yeah, just part time, a couple nights a week. I'm in Boulder, so driving college students around is easy usually. But this trip took me to DIA, down to Centennial, then to Pine, which is 10 miles west of Conifer in the mountains. I had to work the next day and didn't get home till after 1.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
How is the money? I know when I move from home, it will be tough to find a job right away.
It’s not bad really. I probably average between $300-400/wk and do it four nights/wk. I live in a small college town so it might be different than somewhere else. I went to a bigger city Charlotte a couple of weeks ago and made $150 during the day just doing loops from the airport. The worst part is the wear and tear on your car, but I bought a car specifically to Uber with so it doesn’t bother me.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Yeah, just part time, a couple nights a week. I'm in Boulder, so driving college students around is easy usually. But this trip took me to DIA, down to Centennial, then to Pine, which is 10 miles west of Conifer in the mountains. I had to work the next day and didn't get home till after 1.
Sounds fun, I get a lot of college students too. Let’s me relive my glory days, lol. I usually end up driving till 2-3 at night....I’m driving around right now actually

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Sounds fun, I get a lot of college students too. Let’s me relive my glory days, lol. I usually end up driving till 2-3 at night....I’m driving around right now actually
Yeah, I always do nights. I'm a night owl naturally so it fits me. Tonight I had stuff going on, I'm planning on Saturday night being my one day this week with all the hockey games I'm going to/watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad