The 2017-2018 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What will the Coyotes do before the deadline?

• Total voters

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
There are several guys on waivers that are both qualified to be NHLers (if marginally) and better than what we are icing. We'd just have to eat the money.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
There are several guys on waivers that are both qualified to be NHLers (if marginally) and better than what we are icing. We'd just have to eat the money.
Seeing Keller, OEL and others get pushed around, I'd like to see them pick-up Stewart. Only owed the remainder of his $1.1m/AAV, UFA after the season.

Sorry to see you go Freddie....

Reactions: Heldig

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Seeing Keller, OEL and others get pushed around, I'd like to see them pick-up Stewart. Only owed the remainder of his $1.1m/AAV, UFA after the season.

Sorry to see you go Freddie....
We need to send Dauphin down tomorrow so he qualifies for AHL playoffs.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Haven’t heard a lick about the yotes and their plan of attack tomorrow.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Haven’t heard a lick about the yotes and their plan of attack tomorrow.
Listen to Natural Hat truck podcast or read the article by Morgan that came out last week. No major moves planned.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
If the Flames miss the playoffs, does Dougie Hamilton become available?

Would you move a non top-2 pick for Hamilton?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We should take a look at Paul Postma is we trade Schenn

I'd think any of the guys with reasonable and expiring contracts would represent a good chance to audition for next year. Potsma and Stewart would be good examples of guys to get an extended look before next the off season and see how Tocchett takes to them and vice versa. I'd prefer Potsma audition to KConn. And Stewart is a floater, but he's big and occasionally mean. And he can throw the mitts. I'd take a skeptical look.

I doubt the older guys like Oduya are looking to sign on a bottom feeder just to extend their careers. So I'd probably pass on a few games of Oduya (I really like him, despite his game trailing off. I just don't see it.)

Also on the Minnesota front, anyone think they are desperate enough for roster and cap space to pay us to take Foligno? I'd love to add some real spark to the bottom six.

Mostly, I'd like us to use the opportunity to take a look with no obligation on a few guys. I'd also include short looks at Dauphin since he's here, Strome, Merkley, etc in Tucson. Send them back, but take a real look.

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Would you guys be interested in a deal around Allen and Raanta?

KXSOhd5.gif

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
A late 1st round pick, a meddling D prospect, a very average forward, and unloading of a bust free agent signing for a big bodied proven scorer for a possible Cup run??? Not nearly as bad once you take a closer look at the possible payback. No one left the Bruins that really mattered.

You forgot the 7th Rd pick. Puts the deal clearly in the Rangers win column

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
So it seems Ian Cole has less trade value than Holden? How? Holden has term but he’s overpaid and not very good. Cole is a quality 3rd pair D, especially in the playoffs. What does this mean for Schenn? If I were a playoff team, I wouldn’t want either of Holden or Schenn but if I had to have one, it’d be Schenn. The most confusing, and therefore most likely scenario, would be Schenn for a 2019 3rd. Then there’d be just no way to make sense of any of it. LOL.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd dump KConn and Schenn both if there is a return, and then pick up Potsma and Oduya.

Reactions: Yandover

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If the Flames miss the playoffs, does Dougie Hamilton become available?

Would you move a non top-2 pick for Hamilton?
Imagine if the Coyotes are drafting 3rd (again) and this trade is on the table :popcorn:

Probably depends on the status of OEL negotiations. If they don't think they can resign OEL, could see Chayka moving the 3rd for Hamilton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad