The 2017-2018 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What will the Coyotes do before the deadline?

• Total voters

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I think you guys are massively over rating RNH, but that’s just me.
Agreed. What would RNH sign for this summer if you had to give him the years remain ing on his current contract? RNH is a solid 3C/low end 2C. Maybe 4-4.5 mill for his remaining years. Oilers would have to retain 2 mill to trade him for fair value. If they don't retain, they will get a crappy return. Over paid players kill teams.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Agreed. What would RNH sign for this summer if you had to give him the years remain ing on his current contract? RNH is a solid 3C/low end 2C. Maybe 4-4.5 mill for his remaining years. Oilers would have to retain 2 mill to trade him for fair value. If they don't retain, they will get a crappy return. Over paid players kill teams.
3C/low end 2C? His career ppg is .67 and he's good defensively. If Derek Stepan could skate and was three years younger, he'd be RNH.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
15-20 teams are looking for C’s. The discount won’t be as large as u think. Our advantage is cap space and salary needs to meet floor next year.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
It's difficult to gauge Edmonton trades because Chiarelli is a moron. But if we can do something around Strome + picks/prospects (i.e., nothing off of the roster):

Perlini - Stepan - Keller
Domi - RNH - (Panik)
Crouse - Dvorak - Fischer
Nook - Richie - Cousins

Now imagine unloading Panik and draft Svechnikov.

Talk seems to be the Oil will be looking to cut salary, possibly RNH, once that McDavid extension kicks in. Dollars are about to get tight in Edmonton.

Sorry about the big gap after bringing up this topic everyone, work emergency has had my hands full.

Anyway, I have no interest in RNH if it involves Strome. I was interested if we got him for cheap and RT made some good points on value, I do feel we get shafted but my value was flawed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That is a bit harsh my friend. RNH is definitely a mid to high end 2C, same as Stepan. Considering age and salary I think I would rather have RNH than Stepan.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sorry about the big gap after bringing up this topic everyone, work emergency has had my hands full.

Anyway, I have no interest in RNH if it involves Strome. I was interested if we got him for cheap and RT made some good points on value, I do feel we get shafted but my value was flawed.
There is no way I give up on Strome yet, no way.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Just would like to point out the Michael Backlund just signed for 6 years and $32 million. He is 4 years older than RNH and not as good. You are severely underrating Nuge. Nuge is a good 2nd line center.

Reactions: Jakey53 and hbk

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
We're not some stealth team in on Karlsson, right?

Supposedly they want 5-7 pieces for Karlsson, and fewer if you take Ryan.

1st + Strome + Domi + Hammer? Then they flip Hammer.

I don't think I see a realistic fit, and that's not even considering cash and cap.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I don't think I see a realistic fit, and that's not even considering cash and cap.
Doubtful.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Scouting list

Hmmm, wonder who Nashville is checking out. I wouldn't mind snagging Jarnkork or Bonino. I could settle for Ellis

Red Wings - Well, Glendening would certainly help us out with FOs and as Strome insurance. Athanasiou could be a nice 3 LW (or perhaps C although he hasn't been too successful in the Faceoff circle this season)

Toronto - Kapanen? As has been mentioned in a few threads, I don't see too many fits between TOR and the Coyotes that both teams would be willing to do.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That is a bit harsh my friend. RNH is definitely a mid to high end 2C, same as Stepan. Considering age and salary I think I would rather have RNH than Stepan.
I don't think so and if that was true, the Oilers wouldn't even think about moving him. When he gets traded this summer, the return will be less then everyone thinks like Hall. Eberle got a less then return too because he was over paid like RNH. If you have a really good 1C and a good 3C, RNH is fine as a 2C. So many teams have players at RNH's level and don't have that clear gap at 2C. Stepan was a 1C on a playoff team in NY, and I think he is the better all around player anyway, not that it matters. I hope we can land RNH, I like him as a player but only if they retain 25% and we don't give up too much for him.

Last edited:

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
I wasn’t expecting much this deadline but sounds like it could be pretty wild with Karlsson and Pacioretty likely moving now.

I’m still in favour of us making minor moves like selling off Schenn. Do we have enough defensive depth in Tucson to sell off both Schenn and Connauton, where we would then need to recall at least one D?

If we can potentially add a piece for next season at the deadline, have at that too.

Hope Karlsson doesn’t end up in the Pacific.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Personally I would not be willing to give up four A assets for Karlsson, particularly when one of those is a draft pick has a relatively high probability of being a lottery pick.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't think so and if that was true, the Oilers wouldn't even think about moving him. When he gets traded this summer, the return will be less then everyone thinks like Hall. Eberle got a less then return too because he was over paid like RNH. If you have a really good 1C and a good 3C, RNH is fine as a 2C. So many teams have players at RNH's level and don't have that clear gap at 2C. Raanta was a 1C on a playoff team in NY, and I think he is the better all around player anyway, not that it matters. I hope we can land RNH, I like him as a player but only if they retain 25% and we don't give up too much for him.
They are looking at moving him because they need Cap Space and already have two highly paid centers, although one is playing wing. They are looking for D help and they can't afford that with 3 centers earning $27 million a year in Cap Space. That is of course if they are actually trying to trade him?? Afterall OEL and Domi are also talked about the same way. I see no possibility the Oilers are retaining on RNH unless they are rewarded for doing it, I expect they will actually get assets for him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don't think so and if that was true, the Oilers wouldn't even think about moving him. When he gets traded this summer, the return will be less then everyone thinks like Hall. Eberle got a less then return too because he was over paid like RNH. If you have a really good 1C and a good 3C, RNH is fine as a 2C. So many teams have players at RNH's level and don't have that clear gap at 2C. Raanta was a 1C on a playoff team in NY, and I think he is the better all around player anyway, not that it matters. I hope we can land RNH, I like him as a player but only if they retain 25% and we don't give up too much for him.
What do you mean you don't THINK it's true? Look at his production versus all of the other centers in the NHL. Now factor in the fact that he's a good two way player. It quickly becomes clear that he's a very high end 2C. Same as Stepan. How many centers do you think put up .67 in this league every year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad