Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Big chance, the only team I'd worry about is Philly.

I dont believe so.

San Jose would jump up for Provovo

I think the Flyers would take Crouse

Blue Jackets i believe take Weneski

Devils with all 3 on the board and if the Flyers take one then then Crouse is likely there.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I dont believe so.

San Jose would jump up for Provovo

I think the Flyers would take Crouse

Blue Jackets i believe take Weneski

Devils with all 3 on the board and if the Flyers take one then then Crouse is likely there.

Even better.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I hope the played behind McDavid factor scares teams off Strome and we steal him at 6

EXACTLY! I'm tired reading everyone who want to trade down to take a secondary talent just to pick up another 2nd rounder....

We're so close to the top 5 and who carolina picks cold be a crap shoot (Crouse, Rantannen, Provorov, Marner)....I WANT US TO TRADE UP with Carolina so we can guarantee that we get one of the top 5 (namely Marner or Strome). To me, it's worth it to give up a 3rd rounder next year (their choice of ours or Floridas) for Carolina to move back 1 spot. If they like a guy later, why wouldn;t they move back a spot and pick up another asset to do so?

Marner or Strome - else Barzal.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
EXACTLY! I'm tired reading everyone who want to trade down to take a secondary talent just to pick up another 2nd rounder....

We're so close to the top 5 and who carolina picks cold be a crap shoot (Crouse, Rantannen, Provorov, Marner)....I WANT US TO TRADE UP with Carolina so we can guarantee that we get one of the top 5 (namely Marner or Strome). To me, it's worth it to give up a 3rd rounder next year (their choice of ours or Floridas) for Carolina to move back 1 spot. If they like a guy later, why wouldn;t they move back a spot and pick up another asset to do so?

I think you would find that no one who wants to trade down until trade day to see who the top 5 really are. All the trade ideas i like i would NOT do until we were on the clock and see who is there.

Also the reason we dont want to trade up is because know on thinks any of them want to trade down.

We at 6 with a pretty clear top-5 and a mixed group after that. Anyone of Barzal, Crouse, Zacha, Rantanen, Provorov could go 6 and be justified. Obviously if any one of Strome or Marner fall i would just take them at 6 and run.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think you would find that no one who wants to trade down until trade day to see who the top 5 really are. All the trade ideas i like i would NOT do until we were on the clock and see who is there.

Also the reason we dont want to trade up is because know on thinks any of them want to trade down.

We at 6 with a pretty clear top-5 and a mixed group after that. Anyone of Barzal, Crouse, Zacha, Rantanen, Provorov could go 6 and be justified. Obviously if any one of Strome or Marner fall i would just take them at 6 and run.

If Marner or Strome is there, we would be stupid not to take him.

If Provorov is there because Marner, Strome, Hanifin, and McEichel go in the top five, then you try to grab another pick or more from Columbus, San Jose, or Colorado. If you know the team you trade with is going to draft Provorov, then that means one of the forwards will still definitely be there.

Under that hypothetical, Crouse, Barzal, Rantanen, and Zacha are all still there at 7. Even if we trade back with Colorado (#10), we are still guaranteed one of them. Columbus is likely to go D and Flyers and Crouse just seems like a match made in heaven. We could pick up more assets and still get a forward that we likely would've picked at 6, regardless.

For a team starving in assets and forward prospects, it's something that seems to make too much sense.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
It would be amazing if Strome or Marner fell to us. Carolina is the wild card, I could see them taking a D or even possibly Crouse.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It would be amazing if Strome or Marner fell to us. Carolina is the wild card, I could see them taking a D or even possibly Crouse.

It's not even Carolina. I honestly think we could see a top four of McDavid, Eichel, Strome, Marner.

Last edited:

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

I don't think anyone ahead of us wants to deal down. The point is that since we're stuck in the second tier. If we are, might as well leverage out spot as the head pick in that tier.

And as has been mentioned, no dealing until we're on the clock obviously. All these hypotheticals are based on who might be available. We won't know for sure until the draft. But all these hypos include "If player A is available we choose the option that makes sense in that scenario,"

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA

Some people are now down on Strome for his poor playoff performance. I heard rumors he may have manno, however, Strome said his health is fine. I hope he falls to us.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Thrilled: Strome (I guess this is a conversation now?), Marner

Super Happy: Barzal

Incredibly Satisfied: Zacha, Rantanen

Good stuff: Crouse, Meier, trading down within the top-10

This'll be fun: Trading the pick for a top line forward under 22-24 years old

I will light myself on fire live on webcam for you to enjoy: Any defenseman, trading out of the top-10

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Thrilled: Strome (I guess this is a conversation now?), Marner

Super Happy: Barzal

Incredibly Satisfied: Zacha, Rantanen

Good stuff: Crouse, Meier, trading down within the top-10

This'll be fun: Trading the pick for a top line forward under 22-24 years old

I will light myself on fire live on webcam for you to enjoy: Any defenseman, trading out of the top-10

Becareful. You might be held to that!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
1 of Hanifan or Strome is going to fall a little further than expected I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad