Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
This sucked. Performance in the last game was awful. Everybody excep Kappy with his goal and Marleau, was awful.
Matthews was MIA
Freddie was awful
Gardner was specially bad

that said.

I am proud of our boys. They pushed the Broons to 7 games. It was a back and forth game, we were in it until the 3rd. Next year will be better. Hopefully Matthews will take less money now. We need a real defenseman.

Reactions: James Duthie

LoveRealHockey

Sep 13, 2010
A couple things I learned this playoffs:
- Dermott has made Gardiner expendable
- Hyman does not have the offensive game to justify his place in the top six moving forward
- Losing JVR this off-season is going to make the Left Wing an organizational weakness
- we desperately need a top four right handed dman and another top six left winger that brings size and skill both very hard to find
- at times we looked slow and weak. Teams that are physical and can skate will give us nightmares with this current team and that’s who you play in playoffs
How do you criticize Hyman? He played his heart out. He's not a scorer, but I became a fan of his these playoffs.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Very disappointed. Andersen was disappointing in the 3rd, even that Heinen goal was questionable. And Gardiner needs to go away...we don't need his offense...we suffer too much from his defensive lapses. This team needs to develop that killer instinct...the Bruins were ready for the taking tonight, Rask was a sieve, and we didn't even continue to put pressure by shooting the puck more on him...just kept passing the puck around. To be honest, this series was lost in the first 2 games when we didn't even show up ready to compete. Wouldn't have needed 7 games for the series. Proud of the team for coming back to tie the series, but it still stings to lose. I hate losing. Hopefully this young team comes back stronger next year.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Zaitsev, Hainsey & Polak all played very poorly this series. Gardiner had an awful game 7.

If half of your defense isn't playing well, then what's that going to tell you?

Gardiner has a major screw up every game that caused a goal. He had a bad series and his time should be up as a leaf.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
One thing regarding about the Matthews hate im seeing is that he's only played in 2 playoff series. One of which he dominated in and the other in which he was non-existent. I hope people don't think he's going to be the latter.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Your team aside from the grinders were afraid to take a hit. Kudos to Marleau tho for stepping up early and leading this team.

He might be a good interim Captain until Marner or Matthews are ready. I wouldn't be giving Matthews anything anytime soon.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I am pretty confident Freddie has post concussion symptoms that he is hiding. I've said since game 1 or 2 about his tracking the puck and play. The reason the puck from the point went in? Lag, when the guy was rushing in he left the inside open, why? he was again slow tracking.

I will not be surprised if it comes out he had his bell rung but, McBackup should have been put in earlier in the series. Maybe it was the head hit and hit before that agitated his problem.

only reason i would be fine with Freddie; if not; that kinda performance would not get leafs anywhere; then again - leafs defensive structure was a JOKE entire regular season and in the playoffs.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Man I miss the days this team had a pair of balls. Roberts, Sundin, Tucker, Domi, Corson, Belfour, Cujo; those were guys you went to war with in the playoffs. They may not have won, but they never folded like these pathetic scrubs

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
It's an emotional time and lots of people are angry but everyone needs to remember a few things:

- Two years ago we were in the basement. The rebuild is NOT over no matter what the media tries to tell you. We have many, many, MANY better years ahead of us.

- The Big Three and young supporting cast are all 20 year old kids. They need good experience to grow and this is how you get it. We are NOT trading any of them nor should we. They are all studs in the making but if you thought they would turn into a bunch of Yzerman's and Sakic's in only their second season you were delusional.

- Freddie is the best goaltender we've had in a long time. He had a rough night but our D (especially Gardiner's awful performance) didn't do him any favors. He will be fine.

My main point: BE PATIENT.

We weren't going to win the Cup this year. We probably won't next year or even the year after so you'd better be ready to put up with some playoff pain. It's a marathon not a sprint.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yea, I was not too thrilled with Andy this series. Thought he could have been better.

He crapped the bed a few games. Jake laid the biggest pile of piles this game. Very bad, trade him. Jake Gardiner should be traded not for this series, but, because we spent so many assets and potential assets on this run that we have nearly no choice.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
We completely froze in the 3rd. The entire team seemed to be overwhelmed by the moment and got run over by a train that was the Boston Bruins. What an awful way to end the season. I don't think getting rid of Andersen is needed but making Sparks his backup has to happen. Somebody that can put a little fire under his ass if he gets sloppy.

That's what happens when one team's core is a bunch of battle tested veterans and the other team's core is a bunch of kids. The scales will tip eventually and the Leafs will be a force in the East. Kids just have to grow and learn their lessons.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
93% of comments in here are going to be way to over reactive and over the top. I'm glad I got to watch with you guys this season and look forward to next. I think we will have a much different looking team next year.

Reactions: Leafling

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Up 4-3 going into the 3rd, allow 4 goals and lose 7-4.

Completely unacceptable.

Quite frankly these are the kind of performances that make people end all ties to a certain franchise and become a fan of another one. I've toyed with that idea myself to be honest as I'm sure many other fans have too.

It's not just an isolated incident either, you can change the entire roster and yet the collapses still happen with this team!?!? It's perplexing.

People say the Leafs aren't cursed but quite frankly I'm starting to think they are. It's pathetic.

PATHETIC.

Off season plans must include dumping Bozak, JVR, Gardiner and Komarov, they've been apart of TWO monumental game 7 collapses now, say bye bye!

Some major change ups need to be made up from the top, this includes parting ways with a young star forward if it means a young quality D is coming back the other way.

Oh ya, did I mention PATHETIC.

When was Bozak a part of another game 7 collapse?

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
All I know is that after this game I'm sick and tired of this team having a defense so bad you can't help but be sickened by it. This isn't something new. They've known how bad this blueline is since they started building this new team and it still is horrific. Until they figure that out I don't know where this team can go.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
When was the last time Babcock made past 1st round?

When's the last time he had a team capable of getting him past the 1st round, besides maybe this year (although I think everyone knew the Leafs were in tough)?

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
That was a GOOD season though guys. Got some playoff experience. KAPANEN a bright spot, totally forgot that guy. Pushed BOS to 7 games when we were counted out game 4!! Heck some counted us out after the first game.

Reactions: Leafling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad