Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Up 4-3 going into the 3rd, allow 4 goals and lose 7-4.

Completely unacceptable.

Quite frankly these are the kind of performances that make people end all ties to a certain franchise and become a fan of another one. I've toyed with that idea myself to be honest as I'm sure many other fans have too.

It's not just an isolated incident either, you can change the entire roster and yet the collapses still happen with this team!?!? It's perplexing.

People say the Leafs aren't cursed but quite frankly I'm starting to think they are. It's pathetic.

PATHETIC.

Off season plans must include dumping Bozak, JVR, Gardiner and Komarov, they've been apart of TWO monumental game 7 collapses now, say bye bye!

Some major change ups need to be made up from the top, this includes parting ways with a young star forward if it means a young quality D is coming back the other way.

Oh ya, did I mention PATHETIC.

Gardiner single handedly gave 3 goals away

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Gardiner is -5 and left Fred out to dry.

This board is about to get too toxic. This is my cue.

See you guys on draft day. Just remember future is bright

Gardiner did have a terrible game, but he's not the only one on the ice. I don't think Freddy had an amazing game either though.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Don't mix in anything. I told all of you that it's fools gold when having to hide players. All series Boston was looking to catch JVR on the ice with the big line that dictated the series from the beginning.

So happy he's done. YOU DON'T WIN WITH JVR TYPES PERIOD. To win a Cup you need a whole team competing. Babcock has been trying to develop the big 3 TO NOT BE JVR and for the most has been successful at it but at last hiding players to benefit some offense bares it's ugly head it catches up in the playoffs.

I'm calling it right now Toronto is making the cup finals next season without this Joker of a player. The biggest mistake this franchise has made to date is not seeing who Josh Leivo is and not taking the best offer they could get in the offseason for JVR.

Josh Leivo is a James Neal type of player and we've ****ed up majorly on him to keep this gutless puke in JVR. Massive miss read and you all will see it.

I feel sorry for the team who gives JVR a big longterm deal.

Bozak at least upped his intensity bigtime this series but JVR was without a pulse which isnt very suprising.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
  • Did not trade any of the pending UFAs (bozak, jvr, polak, komarov, moore) they all sucked ass in the playoffs
  • FAIL
  • traded a 2nd rounder for Plekanec that's a waste
  • FAIL
  • We kept telling babcock to play 4 line game not to play komarov; but he is a "man" played initial games in the series and leafs = lafs
  • FAIL
  • babcock could not make in-game adjustment - greatest coach? JOKE
  • FAIL
CONCERNS:
  • Matthews and Nylander did not show up to play; is this a one time thing or are they going to disappear in the playoffs?
  • Rielly still makes dumb plays
  • Kadri was not an impact player in the playoffs
  • Freddie let in softies could not close the game; cannot win the cup or even a series if goalie allows soft goals

GOODBYE
  • JVR, Bozak, Komarov, Polak, Gardiner GTFO
BRIGHTSPOTS
  • Marner, Johnsson, Dermott, Kapanen

ABSOLUTE STUPID
  • Babcock - overplayed his goalie, Hainsey, liked his vets too much, another season of Leivo wasted, ego means more to him than team success

Still pissed we did not deal the pending UFAs knowing full well how much waste of a space they are; threw the 2nd rounder away AGAIN and did not upgrade defense

I am pretty confident Freddie has post concussion symptoms that he is hiding. I've said since game 1 or 2 about his tracking the puck and play. The reason the puck from the point went in? Lag, when the guy was rushing in he left the inside open, why? he was again slow tracking.

I will not be surprised if it comes out he had his bell rung but, McBackup should have been put in earlier in the series. Maybe it was the head hit and hit before that agitated his problem.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
That was embarrassing. The third, as well as their defensive play. They played a couple of pretty good periods (although not great due to the defense and goals), then completely shat the bed in the third. It wasn't until the game was out of reach that the complacency or whatever it was faded away, and they started to play again.

That was an issue all year. It was sad to see it appear in the third period of game seven against the insufferable Bruins.

This team will not win with Jake Gardiner. The guy has skill, he has speed, but he's a moron. He can't make plays under pressure or play proper defense and just throws the puck away. He's too soft, doesn't close out his man and often loses his positioning/assignment. It's hard to watch.

Polak also needs to go. How many times this year did we see someone get behind him without him knowing, just to see him turn around, make a too late attempt at their stick or their body, with the result being the puck going in the net? It was almost like watching a replay over and over again, but the jerseys were different.

Zaitsev shouldn't have been playing if he was still feeling the effects of injury or injuries. He was far too soft, didn't play well and seemed almost careless at times. He got paid, though. And paid for a while.

Matthews also hardly showed up. Marleau and Marner couldn't do everything. Hyman and Brown did what they could for most of the series.

This team never fails to shoot itself in the foot.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Rational thoughts coming up:

1. This season was a great step forward and a huge education for our young players. Bergeron and Marchand don’t get to where they are just by showing up at 22 years old and playing. They get taught through moments like this. This core is just getting started, especially on offense.

2. Our offense kept us in the game, our defense was absolutely atrocious when under pressure. Gardiner was bad in his own end, Hainsey ran out of gas a long time ago, and we do not have a stud D that we badly need. Morgan Reilly is great but we need more D.

3. Young teams generally play well on home ice but really struggle on the road. We went into one of the most hostile environments in the league and got intimidated a bit, especially in the 3rd. It’s all part of the maturity process. Crosby didn’t start winning cups until he got there, we have the same situation.

We have a hell of an offseason, where we have to get a stud d no matter what. From there, we grow.

GLG

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Actually I could do without either just responding to a post on it.

Simply put, Andersen let us down tonight and this playoff.

Ok but we lose 4-1 without Andersen in game 5 and we lose in game 6 without Andersen.
He really didn’t let us down this playoff he let us down in a couple of games out of 7

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Andersen .896 series save %

LOL

Alright, let it go. It's just one game. I knew the nerves would get to some of the guys. That's why next year go for home ice. Win a couple games early. Once they settle down this team is scary. Especially, once the D gets improved a bit.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Mass consciousness. You were all waiting for it and you got it.

not me. five years ago i was convinced we were going to win.
tonight. i was convinced we were going to win.
i was pretty much convinced until the 6th goal, because dumbo me thought you know. it can totally happen. brzt. Daisy is wrong. again.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
You want someone to blame ? His name is GARDINER. -5 and that defensive play on debrusks game winner was ugly. I seriously hope for all our sakes that was his last game as a leaf.
He isn’t cleared of this shit too.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So if we ran:

JVR-Matthews-Hyman
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Johnsson-Nylander-Kapanen
Leivo-Bozak-Brown

All year long, fully utilize the insane depth of our forward group, would anything have turned out different?

Would have still finished 3rd and lost this series.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
A couple things I learned this playoffs:
- Dermott has made Gardiner expendable
- Hyman does not have the offensive game to justify his place in the top six moving forward
- Losing JVR this off-season is going to make the Left Wing an organizational weakness
- we desperately need a top four right handed dman and another top six left winger that brings size and skill both very hard to find
- at times we looked slow and weak. Teams that are physical and can skate will give us nightmares with this current team and that’s who you play in playoffs

Reactions: Fergy22

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Ok took a step back.

This series is just another stepping stone much likevthe Hawks and Pens went thru after their rebuild on the way to a cup.

Marner showed he is the real deal.

Matthews and Nylander will now understand how much you need to sacrifice to win in the playoffs. I bet we hear abput Matthews injury in the next few days

Reilly showed he is the real deal.

Kappy and johnsonn both are keepers.

Jvr , bozak, polak, komorov will need to be moved out for guys who compete harder and dont go invisble when times get tough

Lou knows his D is trash outside of Reilly and Dermott .

GARDS needs to be traded at the draft. Just a soft dumb player.

Guys we are in year 2 of rebuild. Back to back playoff appearances and got to game 7. Next year take another step

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
It will be fun to read all the insane overreactions on here

Facts

Andersen sucked
Gardiner sucked
Matthews sucked

Other than that, they will be back next year, we’ll most of them anyway, so relax people
Tbh, I havent seen overreatctions in here. Everyone is blaming who deserved to be blamed. Tonight I'm not giving Babcock a pass. The team wasn't ready. He rolled 4 lines all year so that we'd well rested for the playoffs. At no point did he get Matthews going. His defensive scheme is terrible, dump and chase, stretch passes, easy on the puck, throw the puck anywhere. We were outplayed every game. He was outcoached every game. It seems that if Andersen doesn't play out of this world, the team does not look prepared.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Freddie should have had those last two goals, as well.

The upsides are Johnsson, Kap and Dermott. Holl should've been playing instead of Zaitsev or Polak, or even maybe Carrick.

Reactions: Leafling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad