Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
We completely froze in the 3rd. The entire team seemed to be overwhelmed by the moment and got run over by a train that was the Boston Bruins. What an awful way to end the season. I don't think getting rid of Andersen is needed but making Sparks his backup has to happen. Somebody that can put a little fire under his ass if he gets sloppy.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Y'all need some time to calm down understandably. In a few days everyone will realise we almost won in a game 7 against a stanley cup favourite. Someone had to lose. Not quite there yet but almost... which is fine with me

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I stopped watching the minute it was 5-4. I knew it was over then.

In my time watching this trash team since 2004, I've gone through incompetent management trading away bluechip prospects and picks for crap, end of season collapses and multiple Game 7 collapses. When the **** does the narrative change? Why is this team so pathetic when it counts most? It's not even like we just suck, we are abnormally pathetic. Give up a three goal 3rd period lead in 2013 and then proceed to cough up the lead three ****ing times in 2018. I have just ****ing had it. The last time I saw these *******s when a playoff round I was still in high school. I'm a grown ass man now.

Heartbreaker after heartbreaker. It just never ends. **** you Leafs.

Correction: it must be f*** you babcock and f*** you leafs management for holding on the pending UFAs who didn't to jack in the playoffs, traded a 2nd rounder and did not upgrade defense

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't rag on Andersen, but he definitely **** the bed this game.

Eh gardiners 3 egregious f*** ups played like a nhl dman should play them and we win easily. Andersen let in some soft ones sure but if gardiner played like a nhl capable dman we win 4-2 at worst,

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
ynuyhrsaw5u01.png

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
proud of the season we had, the bruins are better right now..except for Reilly and Dermott and maybe Zaitsev this D needs to be gone..i love Marner and Kapanen l, dissapointed in AM but he will bounce back next season, Nylander i think has serious chances of being traded for a top D, he looked so scared..also pls no more Bozak and even if always loved JVR it.s time to move on

zaitsev was horrible. polak even had better decision making in this series. waiting for liljegren, rasanen, holl to make this team.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Thought Reimer played better in 2013 than Anderson in 2018, yet the Leafs ran him out of town, and blamed him for the game 7 loss.

We got there in spite of Reims...we got here because of Freddy. Make no mistake about it. Hard to blame one player when 22 others just sat back and most had no f***ing fight in the third.

Kids got a slap in the face from the hockey gods. They played the start of the third like they had it wrapped up. Foolish mistake and a fatal way to play with a lead.

Throwing my jersey in the wash to get the stink of this game off it.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Gardiner is -5 and left Fred out to dry.

This board is about to get too toxic. This is my cue.

See you guys on draft day. Just remember future is bright

Reactions: CelticDruid

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So if we ran:

JVR-Matthews-Hyman
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Johnsson-Nylander-Kapanen
Leivo-Bozak-Brown

All year long, fully utilize the insane depth of our forward group, would anything have turned out different?

Stanley Sumdae

Feb 1, 2010
If Matthews wasn't playing most the year and playoffs with a life threatening injury, this is the most disappointed i'll be in a long, long time.

My favourite player. Completely lifeless. 1-2 shifts a game he attempted something, outside of that he was the furthest from a #1 overall pick franchise player you'll ever see in a playoff series.

Looks like he had no passion for the game the way he played against the Bruins.

So besides that, Gardiner and Andersen lost us the game, but Nylander and Matthews never actually showed up. Bozak outscored both combined.

I'm so happy i never have to watch JVR stand around in a Leafs jersey, but right now i'm concerned about what the **** happened to 2 of our best players.

I agree if Matthew's shoulders not injured, I'm gonna wonder what type of player we have all summer....
And I feel bad for any team giving JVR 6/7 Mil a year going forward...and I sure hope we don't

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Good season, was gonna be a hard ending no matter how it ended.

We lost to a team that was top 5 in the NHL and is likely a coin flip to win a cup. Next year guys.

I'm convinced Matthews was injured.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Coaches should also be under the microscope. 50 million icings, dump and chase with some of the most skilled players in the game, wingers taking key faceoffs, etc. etc.
Agreed. Like I said Babcocks got one more year to do some damage or he's going to be in the hot seat. Not sure why Gardiner played 22 minutes when he was getting eaten alive..

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
man we need a serious overhaul on our Back end it really does suck. I like Dermott and Reilly but who else is better than a 5-6

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
So if we ran:

JVR-Matthews-Hyman
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Johnsson-Nylander-Kapanen
Leivo-Bozak-Brown

All year long, fully utilize the insane depth of our forward group, would anything have turned out different?
The Marleau - Matthews - Marner line looked very good in the one shift they had together. Matthews was flying. I wonder if his linemates were part of his problem.

Reactions: JayDog17 and ToMaLe

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
For the series

Forwards
Hyman b+
Matthews c
Nylander c+

JVR c
Bozak c+
Marner a

Marleau b+
Kadri Inc b
Kapanen a

Johnson b+
Plekanec b
Brown b

Defense
Rielly b
Hainsey d

Gardiner b-
Zaitsev b

Dermott c
Polak d+

Andersen c

I wish you were grading my papers!

Gardiner a b- lol. Zaitsev a b!

Hainsey and Rielly were the only decent pairing in this series.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
I expect a third of this group to turnover at least

Attachments

• 40190CD9-EA27-42BE-A15E-F3823DC0DDCD.jpeg
    40190CD9-EA27-42BE-A15E-F3823DC0DDCD.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 66

Ad

Upcoming events