Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
People want us to give Matthews 10-11 million a year this summer?? On that series alone he dont look close to deserving that type of money.

Total no show from him & Nylander!!

Yeah not worth that kind of money.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
The Leafs didn't tank for a decade. They just sucked and hung on to thoughts of glory days that were long gone and had a leadership group that refused to actually rebuild properly.

It was a joke during that era. During the Burke era. During the JFJ era. It was a joke then. There is no way in hell it is a joke now.

Choking another 3rd period lead to your rival is a joke, no matter how you cut it. We don't deserve any respect.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Gardiner will be the summer whipping boy and after that game alot is deserved but damn Hainsey looked awful the last 20-30 games of the season.

Killing him on the PK all season and not resting him down the stretch was a big mistake.

Reactions: The Apologist

TiMo15

Nov 8, 2008
Another major area this team needs to address is faceoff. Jake had to go, - 4 in game 7 is unacceptable

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
  • Did not trade any of the pending UFAs (bozak, jvr, polak, komarov, moore) they all sucked ass in the playoffs
  • FAIL
  • traded a 2nd rounder for Plekanec that's a waste
  • FAIL
  • We kept telling babcock to play 4 line game not to play komarov; but he is a "man" played initial games in the series and leafs = lafs
  • FAIL
  • babcock could not make in-game adjustment - greatest coach? JOKE
  • FAIL
CONCERNS:
  • Matthews and Nylander did not show up to play; is this a one time thing or are they going to disappear in the playoffs?
  • Rielly still makes dumb plays
  • Kadri was not an impact player in the playoffs
  • Freddie let in softies could not close the game; cannot win the cup or even a series if goalie allows soft goals

GOODBYE
  • JVR, Bozak, Komarov, Polak, Gardiner GTFO
BRIGHTSPOTS
  • Marner, Johnsson, Dermott, Kapanen

ABSOLUTE STUPID
  • Babcock - overplayed his goalie, Hainsey, liked his vets too much, another season of Leivo wasted, ego means more to him than team success

Still pissed we did not deal the pending UFAs knowing full well how much waste of a space they are; threw the 2nd rounder away AGAIN and did not upgrade defense
pretty much this....

Reactions: PromisedLand

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I stopped watching the minute it was 5-4. I knew it was over then.

In my time watching this trash team since 2004, I've gone through incompetent management trading away bluechip prospects and picks for crap, end of season collapses and multiple Game 7 collapses. When the f*** does the narrative change? Why is this team so pathetic when it counts most? It's not even like we just suck, we are abnormally pathetic. Give up a three goal 3rd period lead in 2013 and then proceed to cough up the lead three f***ing times in 2018. I have just f***ing had it. The last time I saw these assholes when a playoff round I was still in high school. I'm a grown ass man now.

Heartbreaker after heartbreaker. It just never ends. f*** you Leafs.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I don't care that they fought back to play a Game 7. I don't care that they were, by and large, outplayed by what was always a slightly better team. All I care about is this: 4-3, 20 minutes left. A 20 minute repeat of the 3rd in Game 6. 20 minutes of compete to at least get it to OT. Instead they fall apart. Andersen falls apart. Gardiner falls apart. Matthews and the rest of the offense slouch their shoulders and are unable to muster any offense. Changes need to be made this off-season, but the post-mortem can wait. Right now I'm going to watch TFC hopefully bring home a championship and ignore this team, and this sport, for the next little while.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Gardiner will be the summer whipping boy and after that game alot is deserved but damn Hainsey looked awful the last 20-30 games of the season.

Killing him on the PK all season and not resting him down the stretch was a big mistake.
I didn't think he was the reason. Something like 3 goals were a direct result of Gardiner's giveaway. That stood out much more to me.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Andersen was bad, you can’t win with that performance. Also true, that was some of the worst D I’ve seen, he mirrored our backend, panicked and self inflicted. Gardiner, I’m hard pressed to recall a worse outing, it was truly mind boggling.

Anyways, I’m a big picture fellow. All year we knew deep down our D wasn’t good enough and we were still a work in progress. We’ve got an envious core, a stellar coach and a great management, do it right and we can make the changes that make us a true threat. Boston has more experienced horses, they were the better team overall. Auston wasn’t great, but don’t do what people did with Marner, that kid is simply too good not to succeed, not worried one iota about him. It’s a process, if this happens in two years, then it’s real bad. Night Leafs “fans”.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
This is a good learning experience for the young guys, they will grow with this.

What this team needs:

-Get rid of the dead weight.

-Fix the backend, we need another top Defensemen, that can make a huge difference.

-Get more forward depth.

Reactions: OddyOh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad