Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Some key guys taking flack deserve it. Andersen wasn't good enough. He was garbage in this game when we needed him. Gardiner was horrific. He should be ****ing ashamed of his play in this game.

Where in the world was ****ing Matthews in this whole series? A few games you can carry your franchise player. But he has to ****ing show up once in a while. Even if he's hurt, I don't care. Guys play hurt in the playoffs and still step up. He wasn't even good in this series.

I'm going to enjoy the summer. Going to do everything in my power to stay away from hockey and enjoy the weather. God this team exists only to make people suffer. Why the hell do I get so invested in this...****

Where was Matthews? He was completely dominated by one of the greatest centers in the world in Patrice Bergeron who has had his number in the matchup all series. He was not good enough though.

Thankfully we say goodbye to:

JvR
Bozak
Gardiner

This offseason. The most responsibility goes to Babcock, who made no adjustments to how aggressive Boston were. He got completely schooled. Not good for someone getting paid 50m to win hockey games.

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
5 years later and still the same shit. Can management now finally get rid of the following :

Gardiner
Komarov
JVR
Bozak
Rielly

Start drafting with the following in mind:

Intelligence
Compete
balls

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
3 simple reasons we lost tonight and the series:

1. Matthews struggled (he will get well deserved criticism).

2. Jake Gardiner can’t play defence

3. Andersen was absolute trash in 4 of 3 games. Couldn’t even play mediocre.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Hyman b+
Matthews c
Nylander c+

JVR c
Bozak c+
Marner a

Marleau b+
Kadri Inc b
Kapanen a

Johnson b+
Plekanec b
Brown b

Rielly b
Hainsey d

Gardiner b-
Zaitsev b

Dermott c
Polak d+

Andersen c
Gardiner F off

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Andersen is not a great goalie. He is either terrific or gives up 5+ ...
Need consistency, and to steal some games.

Our D is weak. In the end we gave up way too many goals to win a series.

Guys played great tho, great season and slightly better than last year against a tough opponent.
Our young guns are learning what it takes.

Reactions: stuart5035

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
  • Did not trade any of the pending UFAs (bozak, jvr, polak, komarov, moore) they all sucked ass in the playoffs
  • FAIL
  • traded a 2nd rounder for Plekanec that's a waste
  • FAIL
  • We kept telling babcock to play 4 line game not to play komarov; but he is a "man" played initial games in the series and leafs = lafs
  • FAIL
  • babcock could not make in-game adjustment - greatest coach? JOKE
  • FAIL

CONCERNS:
  • Matthews and Nylander did not show up to play; is this a one time thing or are they going to disappear in the playoffs?
  • Rielly still makes dumb plays
  • Kadri was not an impact player in the playoffs
  • Freddie let in softies could not close the game; cannot win the cup or even a series if goalie allows soft goals

GOODBYE
  • JVR, Bozak, Komarov, Polak, Gardiner GTFO
BRIGHTSPOTS
  • Marner, Johnsson, Dermott, Kapanen

ABSOLUTE STUPID
  • Babcock - overplayed his goalie, Hainsey, liked his vets too much, another season of Leivo wasted, ego means more to him than team success

Still pissed we did not deal the pending UFAs knowing full well how much waste of a space they are; threw the 2nd rounder away AGAIN and did not upgrade defense

KeziaTML

Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
- 5 on the night and single handedly responsible for atleast 3 goals against tonite. I am not even going to say his name. I hope I never see it in a Leafs jersey again.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I am going to say the same thing i said in 2013. (I can't believe those words are going to come out of my mouth, but hey. It's the Leafs.)

You had 3 chances to hold on to this game. three. And you let it blow away. We can throw blame at whomever we want, but I don't think that's the point.. The point is what are you going to do about it. We know what happened five years ago, they basically wilted under the pressure and things had to be blown apart.

You can let this game define you, or you can take this embarrassment (which you should) and let this be what you burn the NHL next year. It's your choice.

and on the 2018 point.
I think Hubris came and gave a right ole smack to Auston Matthews, and a lot of the other players on this team, a well deserved one. (now people will quibble and go - "well this is why people don't talk to the media." well he didn't have to say anything. his play spoke for him, and people can talk about his chances etc - I am sorry great players find a way to get through it. He's injured and he gets a mulligan (a small) one but he was not good enough. SO no, Matthews, "Learning time is not over." and yes "S---t happens." What are you going to do about it next year, because now, no one will care about your points totals next year. Every eye will be on you game 1 next year.

A good team (and that's what they are, remember that in your disappointment), went home today.
but they went home today because they refused to seize the moment.
they went home because they were arrogant and never really applied lessons being taught.
they went home because you know management goofed up.
I expect a lot of hard reflection (by the team) and some difficult (and necessary) moves done by management.

Then we'll see.
but right now I can't even with this team. I can't.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Anderssen can't do the whole thing on his own. He wasn't perfect but the defense did him few favors by the 3rd period. Gardiner was ****ing HORRIBLE. It was an Andrej Sustr worthy night out of him

Don’t bother man the mob has selected their scapegoat and Andersen it shall be

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Man, that was awful in the 3rd.

But this series was a lost cause. Matthews, Nylander, Andersen, JVR, Gardiner, Hainsey, Zaitsev all just piss. You can't win a series with the majority of your star players and minute eaters being just awful.

The team takes way too much time with the puck, bad outlet passes, only a handful of players that will check, and clearly - no heart. No real Captain.

Reactions: dsred

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
I am sorry for your loss. That is a rough way to go down for sure. Not sure where Matthews was this whole series but he wasn't very noticeable. JVR was he even playing???

ugh. I feel for you fans in Toronto. :( sorry ladies and gents. I will let you mourn just wanted to show my support.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Lineups
1. Get red of leo
2. Play the lines with talent and speed so we can score
3. Improve system to not rely on a stretch as much

Players
1. Jake has to go
2. Jvr has to go
3. Bozak meh, hes ok at lower line center

4. Improve D so our Goalie isnt worn out by playoffs. And have a real good look at him, because thay Krug shot was just.... deflating... it was right in front.

Kappy and Johnsson have to see more ice time to develop. Dermott too.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
entertaining series leafs... matthews is like 20 years old, he needs maybe 2-3 more years before he can do the real damage, same with nylander, however it is an important experience for them.

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
On the series level, pretty proud of the effort.

Within the game though, fricken embarrassing.

Gutless defensive performance. I hope Gardiner is shipped out somewhere far in the summer. Defense needs a major overhaul. Andersen wasn't good. JVR, Kadri, Bozak were absolutely invisible offensively.

Bozak wasn't invisible when he was turning the puck over and sitting in the box for another brain cramp. I will be glad to see him gone

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Up 4-3 going into the 3rd, allow 4 goals and lose 7-4.

Completely unacceptable.

Quite frankly these are the kind of performances that make people end all ties to a certain franchise and become a fan of another one. I've toyed with that idea myself to be honest as I'm sure many other fans have too.

It's not just an isolated incident either, you can change the entire roster and yet the collapses still happen with this team!?!? It's perplexing.

People say the Leafs aren't cursed but quite frankly I'm starting to think they are. It's pathetic.

PATHETIC.

Off season plans must include dumping Bozak, JVR, Gardiner and Komarov, they've been apart of TWO monumental game 7 collapses now, say bye bye!

Some major change ups need to be made up from the top, this includes parting ways with a young star forward if it means a young quality D is coming back the other way.

Oh ya, did I mention PATHETIC.

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
Hyman b+
Matthews c
Nylander c+

JVR c
Bozak c+
Marner a

Marleau b+
Kadri Inc b
Kapanen a

Johnson b+
Plekanec b
Brown b

Rielly b
Hainsey d

Gardiner b-
Zaitsev b

Dermott c
Polak d+

Andersen c

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

member 300185

Some key guys taking flack deserve it. Andersen wasn't good enough. He was garbage in this game when we needed him. Gardiner was horrific. He should be ****ing ashamed of his play in this game.

Where in the world was ****ing Matthews in this whole series? A few games you can carry your franchise player. But he has to ****ing show up once in a while. Even if he's hurt, I don't care. Guys play hurt in the playoffs and still step up. He wasn't even good in this series.

I'm going to enjoy the summer. Going to do everything in my power to stay away from hockey and enjoy the weather. God this team exists only to make people suffer. Why the hell do I get so invested in this...****
I bought a brand new 2018 Harley Heritage Classic. I will be on it rain or shine. Frig hockey for awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad