Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Next season should be better. Top 5 finish, win a round or 2.

Let it go and hit up hobbies, learn a new skill. Come back on draft day.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Fragile, mentally weak group. Didn’t expect anything less. Management still up the creek without a paddle. They don’t have a clue.

Reactions: dsred

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
On the series level, pretty proud of the effort.

Within the game though, fricken embarrassing.

Gutless defensive performance. I hope Gardiner is shipped out somewhere far in the summer. Defense needs a major overhaul. Andersen wasn't good. JVR, Kadri, Bozak were absolutely invisible offensively.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Jake Gardiner with the worst performance of any D man in the playoffs this year
5 Goals with Freddy making an appearance at the worst time
Matthews and to a lesser extent Nylander no-shows.
no shots for half the 3rd period.

Another disappointing outing from the Leafs.

Should have traded JVR and Bozak when we had the chance. Now all we get is nothing and a heartbreaking game 7 loss. Maybe trading picks for 4th line centers will be a curse for this team.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
This is about to be an embarrassing overreaction thread.

However. We are literally 2 years removed from the worst team in the league. We pushed a cup favorite to 7. Battled back after a 3-2 first.

It wasn’t great but it’s not a collapse. We need D. It’s not a surprise let’s see what the big 3 get and what we can do next year.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I'm signing off for tonight. Will post tomorrow. Too much emotion right now. I'm just gonna say this team as constructed has no heart. At all.

Reactions: PromisedLand

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Time for Lou and the management group to step up. Fix the f***ing defense! If they don't have a better defensive group for Game 1 next year I'll lose it.

Reactions: sxvnert

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
They just sat back and let the Bruins come at them in the third. They came at the Leafs through the neutral zone without a Leaf in sight. When the Leafs were in the neutral zone the Bruins were all over them. I don't get it. I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!
Easy to understand. When you stock the entire lineup with p***yes, this is the end result.

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
Good season, nice try on the comeback. Failed again though.

Another long off season. Good bye to a number of players, no offence, thanks for everything but don't come back.

Andersen.....2 big elimination games you were great. Couldn't pull out the third one. Oh well.

Next year!

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
So how did this game compare to game 7 2013?

Specifically goaltending and defense

Because I know lots of people put the blame on Reimer but honestly our defense collapsed in front of him.

This game it seemed like everything went wrong, I give credit to Andersen for getting us here by stealing the two previous games but this game 7 was horrendous.

We need a new starter. And I don’t think this is a purely emotional reaction and is not a premature reaction. We need a true ELITE goaltender that can perform in the playoffs.

No comparison at all, we had a one goal lead not a 3 goal lead with 10 to go.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

LoveRealHockey

Sep 13, 2010
Don't blame Anderson. Do you folks forget all the incredible saves he made to keep the serious alive? Seriously? This is all on Gardiner he sucked the energy out of the team in Game 4 with that stupid pinch (that wasn't) and he was directly responsible for 3 goals. He is a train wreck. I can't stand watching him turn the puck over and have the clueless look on his face when the other team scores.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Pretty disappointed with Matthews and Nylander (except 1 game)'s performance. I'll give them a pass this year but I was expecting a lot more from Matthews.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Feel sick.

Can't believe it went this way again. Andersen couldn't make that timely save. Whenever Gardiner was on the ice a goal went in. Just a brutal 3rd, when we played a great 2nd.

Anyway. Great season. Gonna sulk for a bit but hold my head high. We'll be so much better next year. Love the fight the team showed to get it to 7.

Goodnight friends. Be safe.

Go Leafs Go

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
That's a better team than us. You can narrow it down to a few key key mistakes like BABCOCK PUTTING OUT MARNER AND MARLEAU TO START THE 4 ON 4 WHEN LEADING BY ONE!!! WTF??? But really, we didn't have it, better team one. Hopefully some changes come around on the D. Hopefully Matthews was ailing because that was supremely mediocre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad