Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Great season. Loved what I saw from Marner this season absolutely LOVED what I saw from Dermott.

But Jesus Christ, Jake ****** Gardiner OMG!!

Go Tampa out of the East and Go Nashville out of the West.

They gut lucky charms on their team. Can't lose with Kunitz!

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Nylander played so f***ing soft, I want him traded for a dman. He was invisible and so scared out there

NikoPopp

Dec 19, 2013
What f***ing sucks is that if hadn’t completely shit the bed the first 2 games we probably win this series

Reactions: NiftyMits

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
For the series

Forwards
Hyman b+
Matthews c
Nylander c+

JVR c
Bozak c+
Marner a

Marleau b+
Kadri Inc b
Kapanen a

Johnson b+
Plekanec b
Brown b

Defense
Rielly b
Hainsey d

Gardiner b-
Zaitsev b

Dermott c
Polak d+

Andersen c

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Anderssen can't do the whole thing on his own. He wasn't perfect but the defense did him few favors by the 3rd period. Gardiner was f***ing HORRIBLE. It was an Andrej Sustr worthy night out of him

Reactions: CelticDruid

HockeyMad68

Oct 14, 2017
Yes that 3rd period sucked shit. We got some good players though

Obviously the pressure is now on Lou and his successor to fix this blue line

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I seriously hope Boston goes on to kill Tampa... that will make me feel a little better tbh.

We all knew we need an upgrade on the blue line, this just emphasized it. But Andersen did not stand tall at all...

Total bummer. I really thought we were gonna win it.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Andersen is not a goalie you can win with. Leafs will be back stronger next year, and you have to give them credit for bringing this series to 7

Yeah he is, we wouldn't of even made the playoffs without him. The first two he had no chance. This loss was all Gardiner.ALL Gardiner. I always like Jake,Always defended him. As an advanced stats guy I loved him. He needs to be gone now. The guys in the room know he cost them and they will resent him. I have have never seen a D man cost his team this bad in a game seven ever. EVER. I want him traded the day after the cup is lifted.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Gardiner was a -5. That is f***ing pathetic.

But to be fair, the odds were against the Leafs since being down 2-0. They didn't play well and shot themselves in the foot this series. If they played like they did in 5 and 6, who knows where this series goes.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Matthews’ injury that he’s allegedly dealing with better be significant. Doug Gilmour played on a sprained or broken foot in ‘94 I believe and he was still clutch. These are the ****ing playoffs. You ****ing battle through it. Thanks for nothing.
Don't give up your suicide.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I've been saying for 3-4 years that Gardiner in an AHL caliber defender in his own zone. He's arguably the worst defender I've ever seen in a Leafs uniform. I mean that. Finally, some of you guys get it now. He cannot be back next season.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Well the stupid came out on the main board.

Anyway, good season Leafs, good comeback in the series. Hopefully they can build on it next year and not take a step back like the Oilers did -- have to do something about that D.

GO LEAFS GO

Reactions: stuart5035

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
15 years I have been watching this team and all they have done is proven my cynicsm right.

Oh, here;s a first overall pick...oh by the way, he sucks ass in the playoffs.
Here's a #1 goalie....but he chokes up at least 2 bad goals a game.

Boston isn't even that good of a team.

The Maple Leaf isn't a symbol of pride, it's a f***ing joke these days. A team that wins a cup, and the retools, is still better than us after a decade of tanking.

Go Tampa, I guess?

Last edited:
Reactions: dsred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad