Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
So how did this game compare to game 7 2013?

Specifically goaltending and defense

Because I know lots of people put the blame on Reimer but honestly our defense collapsed in front of him.

This game it seemed like everything went wrong, I give credit to Andersen for getting us here by stealing the two previous games but this game 7 was horrendous.

We need a new starter. And I don’t think this is a purely emotional reaction and is not a premature reaction. We need a true ELITE goaltender that can perform in the playoffs.
**** off. Andersen is the only reason we made it to 7

Reactions: The Rat King

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Man, that was awful in the 3rd.

But this series was a lost cause. Matthews, Nylander, Andersen, JVR, Gardiner, Hainsey, Zaitsev all just piss. You can't win a series with the majority of your star players and minute eaters being just awful.

The team takes way too much time with the puck, bad outlet passes, only a handful of players that will check, and clearly - no heart. No real Captain.
You guys needed Matthews to lead. Marner did in game 5-6 but Matthews was nowhere to be seen. Lou should of addressed that need on D before the playoffs. If anyone failed you I believe it was Lou. Can't win without the right pieces.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Would love for a win but what's done is done.
Proud of the boys for a great season and almost came back in a series where they were pretty much outplayed.
Not going to point finger at anyone as the team lost as a team.
They won one more game in the playoffs than last year, and I think the kids actually learnt a lot more in this series than last year.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
15 years I have been watching this team and all they have done is proven my cynicsm wrong.

Oh, here;s a first overall pick...oh by the way, he sucks ass in the playoffs.
Here's a #1 goalie....but he chokes up at least 2 bad goals a game.

Boston isn't even that good of a team.

The Maple Leaf isn't a symbol of pride, it's a ****ing joke these days. A team that wins a cup, and the retools, is still better than us after a decade of tanking.

Go Tampa, I guess?

The Leafs didn't tank for a decade. They just sucked and hung on to thoughts of glory days that were long gone and had a leadership group that refused to actually rebuild properly.

It was a joke during that era. During the Burke era. During the JFJ era. It was a joke then. There is no way in hell it is a joke now.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
good effort overall in the series, but we deserved to lose this game. nylander, marner and matthews: no courage to go into the corners, especially nylander who backed off. you can't win if your stars are timid. am made an effort in the last 10 min of the 3rd period, but a little too late. he may get a pass because i think he's playing injured.

bozak was actually fine, kadri got away with a bit, and jvr and hyman wer ethe same as ever.

the best leafs were kapanen, dermott and maybe brown and johnnsson.

d was horrible: zaitsev, bad decision making, gardiner worst decision making especially turning the wrong way or not doing the simple passes, rielly, not smart enough for a d1 and caves under pressure.

anderson should have stopped 2 goals, but considered how he was peppered in the series, i give him a pass.

the only d worth keeping is dermott. at least liljegren will be coming up later next year. i can't wait to get rid of gardiner or rielly, both of whom have d1 talent, and d6 brains.

nylander is a wait and see; great last playoffs and fearful in this one and a massive disappointment.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
That is a tough loss. Hopefully we can learn from it. We kept a lot of guys at the deadline who did a big bag of nothing in the series. Hopefully we move Gardiner so we don't let him walk for nothing next year. It is like Russian Roulette with him and I have had enough.

On the Brightside our window is just opening and hopefully we break the hearts next year.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I am not surprised we lost, Bruins are a great team, and play like one.

However, as a Toronto sports fan, other than TFC and the Jays in the early 90's, why do we have athletes who seem to be mentally weak? It's truly like we lack the instinct to win.

If you look at the Bruins, it's like that take on the toughness and tenacity of the city, Toronto seems like a city who likes participation ribbons. It just makes no sense that we cannot build at least a competitive contender in most of our major sports.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
proud of the season we had, the bruins are better right now..except for Reilly and Dermott and maybe Zaitsev this D needs to be gone..i love Marner and Kapanen l, dissapointed in AM but he will bounce back next season, Nylander i think has serious chances of being traded for a top D, he looked so scared..also pls no more Bozak and even if always loved JVR it.s time to move on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad