Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Zaitsev, Hainsey & Polak all played very poorly this series. Gardiner had an awful game 7.

If half of your defense isn't playing well, then what's that going to tell you?

Polak would have been fine played as a 6/7 as his quality and contract should dictate. We simply don't have the depth to bury him right now until guys like Lilly and Holl are ready.

Hainsey should be bought out. Rielly needs a better partner and that might be someone in the system but if I could I would back the Brinks truck up to Doughty's door.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
only reason i would be fine with Freddie; if not; that kinda performance would not get leafs anywhere; then again - leafs defensive structure was a JOKE entire regular season and in the playoffs.

You're right. The team D was terrible but that is also on coaching. They didn't strategize this very well clearly.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Part of the learning experience, painful though it feels in the moment. No way in the world that Matthews wasn't hurting in this series. Nonetheless, we took a significant step this year. God knows we have enough skill--now we just have to keep getting smarter and better.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Thank god that will be the last of JVR. I don't think ive seen a more useless 35+ goal scorer 5 on 5. This guy shows no emotion, and barely skates while hes on the ice. I remember when he use to play with Kessel they would eat teams alive on the rush, wtf happened.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

member 300185

Our wonderkid didnt show up at all. The thing about franchise players is that they show up for big games. Matthews didnt do that. He was invisible and couldn't handle the rough going. I was embarrassed to see him turtle a few games ago.

Ship Matthews, Nylander, Gardiner and Zaitsev to Edmonton for McDavid. At least he has heart.

Matthews=no heart. I dont care if he is only 20.

Gardiner is a complete tool. He almost singlehandedly destroyed this series for the leafs. Andersen was over worked. Babcock was out coached.

The Leafs didnt lose this series with this last game. They lost it with the first 2 games. They were not ready to go.

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
They just sat back and let the Bruins come at them in the third. They came at the Leafs through the neutral zone without a Leaf in sight. When the Leafs were in the neutral zone the Bruins were all over them. I don't get it. I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

It really is mind boggling.

Reactions: Optomist

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
When's the last time he had a team capable of getting him past the 1st round?
I blame Lou for not getting him the defensemen bab's needed to stabilize this d core.

I hope Kyle Dubas gets a chance at running this team with Shanny.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
93% of comments in here are going to be way to over reactive and over the top. I'm glad I got to watch with you guys this season and look forward to next. I think we will have a much different looking team next year.

we hope. if lou signs on - maybe not.
but the same Schenn :)

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
my god, this team just loses in the most heartbreaking was possible.
im finished.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Man I miss the days this team had a pair of balls. Roberts, Sundin, Tucker, Domi, Corson, Belfour, Cujo; those were guys you went to war with in the playoffs. They may not have won, but they never folded like these pathetic scrubs
Except against NJ, but that was a different animal.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
How do you criticize Hyman? He played his heart out. He's not a scorer, but I became a fan of his these playoffs.

Not criticize I love his game but it’s apparent he doesn’t have the ability to be a top six winger on a team that wants to contend. He has all the heart in the world but it doesn’t make up for his absolute lack of offensive ability.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I blame Lou for not getting him the defensemen bab's needed to stabilize this d core.

I hope Kyle Dubas gets a chance at running this team with Shanny.

I don't think Dubas is the answer. (it's just a feeling i have, but then I had a feeling we'd win this game so what do i know). I was really hoping for Fenton but by all accounts he's the headliner for Minnesota.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It might just be a dog fight next year making the playoffs, especially if they fill in the departing UFAs with Marlies.
One guy I hope gets a chance is Sparks.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The worst part is now we're in this Washington Capitals territory of wondering if there's something fragile and broken with this group.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
We got there in spite of Reims...we got here because of Freddy. Make no mistake about it. Hard to blame one player when 22 others just sat back and most had no ****ing fight in the third.

Kids got a slap in the face from the hockey gods. They played the start of the third like they had it wrapped up. Foolish mistake and a fatal way to play with a lead.

Throwing my jersey in the wash to get the stink of this game off it.

We made it in spite of Andersen.

We had 3 30 goal scorers and 6 20 goal scorers

Reactions: Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad