Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
My heart is broken and I wish I was dead. Thanks hockey.
It's okay, it is only one game.

They shook hands, everyone is at peace with each other. Tomorrow is another day.

When the time comes, they are back competing.

You know ... when Gretzky played for the LA Kings, and when they loss the finals to Montreal, he was so upset and shook up, he wanted to quit hockey.

Gretzky wanted to quit hockey. That is how he really felt.

After a couple of days, that idea of his was gone, and it was back to normal.

Happy face.

:)

Reactions: Superstar

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A game further, but that season-ender is always a tough one to digest. Empty feeling right now.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Eh gardiners 3 egregious **** ups played like a nhl dman should play them and we win easily. Andersen let in some soft ones sure but if gardiner played like a nhl capable dman we win 4-2 at worst,

I'm not denying Gardiner's faults. I'm not saying this loss is totally on Andy. But he certainly didn't perform up to par tonight.

When we are a better team, we won't be the ones clawing out a desperate series comeback to try and scrape out a game 7 win. We will be the team that other teams are trying to desperately claw out a comeback from. We aren't there yet, but we will get there.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I don't think Dubas is the answer. (it's just a feeling i have, but then I had a feeling we'd win this game so what do i know). I was really hoping for Fenton but by all accounts he's the headliner for Minnesota.
would like to take a look at Fletcher from Minny now that he is out there.

Reactions: Al14

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It's an emotional time and lots of people are angry but everyone needs to remember a few things:

- Two years ago we were in the basement. The rebuild is NOT over no matter what the media tries to tell you. We have many, many, MANY better years ahead of us.

- The Big Three and young supporting cast are all 20 year old kids. They need good experience to grow and this is how you get it. We are NOT trading any of them nor should we. They are all studs in the making but if you thought they would turn into a bunch of Yzerman's and Sakic's in only their second season you were delusional.

- Freddie is the best goaltender we've had in a long time. He had a rough night but our D (especially Gardiner's awful performance) didn't do him any favors. He will be fine.

My main point: BE PATIENT.

We weren't going to win the Cup this year. We probably won't next year or even the year after so you'd better be ready to put up with some playoff pain. It's a marathon not a sprint.

You are not wrong.

However, if we were not winning the cup yet, and the rebuild is still going on, why hang on to aging useless assets and not trade them for prospects or young players?

That's troubling

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
It's an emotional time and lots of people are angry but everyone needs to remember a few things:

- Two years ago we were in the basement. The rebuild is NOT over no matter what the media tries to tell you. We have many, many, MANY better years ahead of us.

- The Big Three and young supporting cast are all 20 year old kids. They need good experience to grow and this is how you get it. We are NOT trading any of them nor should we. They are all studs in the making but if you thought they would turn into a bunch of Yzerman's and Sakic's in only their second season you were delusional.

- Freddie is the best goaltender we've had in a long time. He had a rough night but our D (especially Gardiner's awful performance) didn't do him any favors. He will be fine.

My main point: BE PATIENT.

We weren't going to win the Cup this year. We probably won't next year or even the year after so you'd better be ready to put up with some playoff pain. It's a marathon not a sprint.
EXCELENT POST. I know it sucks but it will come. We are missing a few pieces defensively

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
When's the last time he had a team capable of getting him past the 1st round, besides maybe this year (although I think everyone knew the Leafs were in tough)?
When he rode HOFer Nik Lidstrom. I'm not convinced he's a great coach.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
We completely froze in the 3rd. The entire team seemed to be overwhelmed by the moment and got run over by a train that was the Boston Bruins. What an awful way to end the season. I don't think getting rid of Andersen is needed but making Sparks his backup has to happen. Somebody that can put a little fire under his ass if he gets sloppy.
Andersen is the teams MVP. When. you rely on goaltending too much you don't win. Do you guys even listen to Babcock at all. What does he say? When your skill out weighs your work ethic your done. We were out worked EVERY TIME JVR WAS ON THE ICE. Too much to overcome having to hide this puke of player is what cost the Leafs BOTH PLAYOFFS WITH WASHINGTON AS WELL.

JVR shifts has killed this team and to further that is responsible for the Bozak hatred who gave EVERYTHING these 2 past playoffs. Bozak gets it JVR is the goat and management is at fault for not seeing it.

Reactions: CelticDruid

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
i understand that you guys are disappointed but a lot of you need to calm down. it is a young team, and most of our players are under 25; auston is 20, willie 21, for f***'s sake! everything's gonna be fine.

did i want us to win tonight? sure. but it wasn't meant to be, and i'm excited about the new season. i'm excited to see what players we're going to bring in and what matthews, willie, marner, and dermott will do next year. good times to be a leafs fan.

Reactions: stuart5035

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Leafs were a gutsy hardworking team. Some players did not show up on every shift and that hurt. Andersen was outstanding in some games and when he was not the Bruins had the edge. Leaf defence let them down.

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
Let's calm down guys. It feels bad but we took one of the stanley cup contenders to a 7th game without our best players being our best players. These are great lessons for the young core. Really need a top 4D this off season though.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I blame Lou for not getting him the defensemen bab's needed to stabilize this d core.

I hope Kyle Dubas gets a chance at running this team with Shanny.

That's where I'm at too. I think everyone knew it was a glaring weakness and to me it was the one piece that showed it over the series. Lets hope they address it in the offseason.

It's a good time to be a Leaf fan despite the loss. We have some good times coming as much as it's hard to believe it sometimes.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I blame Lou for not getting him the defensemen bab's needed to stabilize this d core.

I hope Kyle Dubas gets a chance at running this team with Shanny.
To be fair, no one would know Jake was this bad. He was a completely bad Jake the WHOLE game.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Its a shame our season finish so short! Will be interested to see who goes to the World Championships!!

Here's hoping our management can make the necessary (but non-reactionary) changes this offseason!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So many gutsy performances to be sure, but Matthews and Nylander were not great to completely ineffective, Andersen let us down in the most critical moments and many of our vets from the 2013 team were terrible.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Let's calm down guys. It feels bad but we took one of the stanley cup contenders to a 7th game without our best players being our best players. These are great lessons for the young core. Really need a top 4D this off season though.
I read this same shit after game 7 of 2013.

member 300185

Series stars Marner, Hymen, Plekanec, Marleau and Kapanen.

Series Shop of horrors Gardiner, Andersen, Babcock, Nylander, JVR and Kadri.

Offseason needs to see Gardiner traded. seen enough. Plays poor in big games. JvR and Komarov should walk. Bozak is okay to be retained.

But the defensive system needs a tweak. How are we this bad in exiting our zone. Every D keeps looking for a stretch pass. No forwards in tight to allow simple quick passes. Dont know if bringing in a top 4 RHD will fix this issues. Can't be icing the puck every other play.
What are ya....nuts?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
McDermott is a player for sure.

Gardiner needs to be jettisoned into the sun. It was a dual between him and Krug over worst offensive Dman on the ice.

No way Matthews plays another series like that one. He must be hurt. Guy was a shell from what I saw in the regular season.

JVR was dead weight all series.

Leafs will be back again next year. 1 more year of experience.

As nice as it was as a B's fan to win this series, if we don't win the cup, we are right there with you looking forward to next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad