Post-Game Talk: Thats all she wrote.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The worst part is now we're in this Washington Capitals territory of wondering if there's something fragile and broken with this group.

Don’t need to worry though about the territory we are in. A good part of it won’t be back and that was happening regardless.

The biggest question is whether non-UFA assets are traded for the blue line help we clearly need.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
It's too early for somebody to tell everybody to calm down, but Im going to do it to an extent anyways (while still bitching a bit)

To those throwing blame on virtually everybody, this series would not have gone to seven if what you are saying is true.

I am wondering if Gardiner needs to go. Not because he is a terrible defenseman, but because he's an offensive dman that is not needed anymore. We need better defensive players especially since Hainsey shouldn't be playing as much as he has. Gardiner pretty much single handidly cost us this game, but the last 2 series he played like a #1 Dman and thats more important than a few bad games. If we do move on from him, we need good value because he is a good defenseman.

Andersen needs to play better and work on more consistency, I think he was tuckered out from being overplayed this year. He still stole game 5/6 for us. However, if he waa just more consistent it would go a long ways.

We played a tough team and had a bad start to the series which really cost us.
Interested to see how we re-tool... We need better defensemen or a better defensive zone structure.

Lots of work to do, I am pissed off, but the future is still bright and we were the underdog this series. Hurts so bad that it gets ripped away in the last 20 mins though... Love this core (Marner was FANTASTIC), but we definitely need to keep building.

Reactions: DarkKnight

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
So how did this game compare to game 7 2013?

Specifically goaltending and defense

Because I know lots of people put the blame on Reimer but honestly our defense collapsed in front of him.

This game it seemed like everything went wrong, I give credit to Andersen for getting us here by stealing the two previous games but this game 7 was horrendous.

We need a new starter. And I don’t think this is a purely emotional reaction and is not a premature reaction. We need a true ELITE goaltender that can perform in the playoffs.

leafs had no structured play for breakout; there was hail mary stretch passes all through out the series without any change; while bruins gained controlled zone entries without any stupid stretch passes and bruins had set breakouts

prime Patty Roy would fail in front of leafs defense

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Find out who’s f***ing hat that is and trade him. Don’t care if it’s f***ing Matthews’ Or Nylander’s

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Andersen wasn't great tonight but not sure why people want to get rid of him? He was abused all year and kept us in the series. Tonight he was bad though.

The defense has been atrocious all year, highlighted especially in this series. We couldn't get the puck out of our D zone without a turnover. Happened all series long and eventually and I knew it would catch up with us and it did.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Total bull ****. His numbers were league average. There are 10-20 goalies out there you could put in his place and they'd have done just as well.
Andersen supporters have to come to terms with the fact that despite solid stretches, he's ultimately just an average goalie with a propensity to shit the bed when it comes to the big game.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Nylander does allot of things right, but going into a corner with Chara ain't one of them.

Reactions: Al14

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Can't blame Anderson. Some soft goals tonight but he has been under fire constantly with this team. After a while you loose your sharpness. Want to point a finger? Point it at Gardiner, Reily with a BS penalty to start the game and Nylander and Mathews. Where the **** was Mathews? Right now, all I can say he is soft when the pressure goes up.

Get rid of Gardiner, get rid of Zaitsev, get rid of Komarov and who cares if JVR walks, wtf has he done this series either. I would keep Polak and Plenkanec over them anyday.

If we start the year with Gardiner on this team, Shanny should fire all the GM's.

Matthews was fine. He didn't pot any points, but he was solid. Lots of takeaways, was part of some decent scoring chances, I can't complain. Plus it seems like he was playing through some injury for a while. He was better last playoffs. That shoulder injury is likely nagging him. The organization lied the second time he got injured and said "it's not the same injury", but it was to the same shoulder. So yes, it was the same injury.

Zaitsev gets one more tryout season. He got injured, seemed he hasn't been right since coming back. Maybe it's something that's nagging, maybe it's nerves, who knows, but he deserves at least another season to prove himself. Komarov is gone. I'm going to miss him, I love what he did for the team while he was here, but it's like a good chunk of his will/vigor is just gone. He's slower, lost his limited scoring touch, etc. He did a damn good job while he was here, all the best to him in the future.

JVR, it hurts. He's the first Leafs jersey that I bought, but aside from the one goal, this playoffs he's been a ghost. He can walk. He wants the fat paycheck, and the Leafs aren't going to give it to him.

I agree with re-signing Polak. In the early parts of the season, he had some bad spells. But his speed has improved a lot. He lost that invisible anchor that he had tied to him. 1.5x3 is a fair contract, sprinkle in a bonus here and there, he'll be a good part of the 3rd pairing.

Plekanec? Probably not going to re-sign, but if he does, meh, give him Moore money.

BUT f***ING GARDINER HOLY FLAMING f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Where’s Zeke to tell everyone how good Gardiner’s corsi is ?

One game doesn't make a player? Come on.

He had a terrible game. He had a good season though. Plenty of players had terrible games and even series.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Gave ourselves a chance but the better team won
It's as simple as that

The goaltending and defense fell apart when the pressure went on and our best player struggled, your not going to win a ton of 7 game series against quality opposition if that happens

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Seriously.

He picked a hell of a time to have his worst game of the year.

Of the year? I've watched him his whole career with the Leafs and that's the worst I've ever seen him play. How he goes from looking like a legit top pairing guy to what we saw tonight is baffling. Horrendous and not the only player who needs to be gone ASAP.

Reactions: dsred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad