Olympics: Team USA 2022

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Send all non-pros - make it all amateur only, for all nations.

Because I don't like the idea of last minute replacement teams because the good players can't go. We're basically entering the territory of having a tournament for the sake of it, not for the quality.

I wish I could tackle this subject with you, but I can't. Anytihng I say on it will just get shut down.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
With the NHL personnel we previously announced as part of our management team and coaching staff no longer available, we’ll shortly be announcing new people to fill those roles. Further, we expect to name our final roster by mid-January.

NHL Announces Decision To Not Participate In The 2022 Olympic Winter Games

Will be interesting to see to what extent NCAA and AHL players are made available. Chris Peters has mentioned that David Quinn will likely be the new head coach.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
I wonder how much consideration guys like Zac Jones and Reilly Walsh are getting. Knowing USA Hockey it’s probably not enough but who knows.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Will the US look to bring some NCAA players? I think they brought Greenway last time this happened.
I hope so and two of the best players for them was Greenway and Donato.

I would send a lot of WJC 2022 roster with a Brian Gionta Matt Gilroy type player who can give them some experience

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Looks like USAH learned its lesson from 2018 when it didn't invite nearly enough NCAA players. Heavy NCAA roster already and I imagine we'll see more. Who are some other NCAA guys you might expect to be in contention?

I'm interested to see what other NCAA defenseman get in the mix. Attard? Lohrei? Johnson?

Mike Hastings (Crookston, Minn.), head men’s ice hockey coach at Minnesota State University; Brett Larson (Duluth, Minn.), head men’s ice hockey coach at St. Cloud State University; Scott Young (Clinton, Mass.), a member of the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame and current director of player development for the Pittsburgh Penguins, David Lassonde (Durham, N.H.), national goaltending coach for USA Hockey, and Alex Dawes (Utica, N.Y.), video coach at Penn State University, will join head coach David Quinn (Cranston, R.I.) in guiding the the 2022 U.S. Olympic Men’s Ice Hockey Team it was announced today by USA Hockey.

Hastings, Larson, Young, Lassonde, Dawes Named Men's Olympic Assistants

Last edited:

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Looks like USAH learned its lesson from 2018 when it didn't invite nearly enough NCAA players. Heavy NCAA roster already and I imagine we'll see more. Who are some other NCAA guys you might expect to be in contention?

I'm interested to see what other NCAA defenseman get in the mix. Attard? Lohrei? Johnson?
Take Kaiser/Perbix/Peart/Morrow over Johnson. He hasn't been terribly impressive this year. I also think they'll respect the damage to the college teams enough to try to only take 3 or fewer from each one.

Reactions: William H Bonney

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Wild ride for some of these kids, not even two weeks out from missing the WJC and now they'll be Olympians. Excited to see guys like Sanderson, Faber, Helleson, Beniers, and Knies.

Reactions: William H Bonney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad