Olympics: Team USA 2022

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Ryan Lasch was a bit of a snub on the 2018 Olympic team and you could say the same here. Surprised to not see the SHL's leading scorer here as a veteran presence, especially as someone with international experience.

Jordan Schroeder was another guy I thought would get heavy consideration.

I think there was room for Bobby Ryan.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Too bad Bordeleau didn't get invited. Would've been nice to finally see him at an international event but seems like this is his last chance for a while.

Reactions: JiggsNY

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Again some odd decisions from USA Hockey. I don't understand why Bordeleau was snubbed as an example.

Nagle <-> McKay/DeRidder/Stauber (I understand this because these NCAA guys would have been third goalie so it is smarter to let them play in NCAA.) DeRidder is going to be a story like Strauss Mann. He is not going to get NHL deal only because he is not big enough.

Warsofsky <-> Lohrei

Ness/Cooper <-> Attard

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
will there be a camp and if so when does it start?

According to Vanbiesbrouck, USA Hockey is working out the travel logistics to get the team to Beijing. Most of the team will gather in Los Angeles before the tournament and then travel to China. Other players in European leagues will likely meet their teammates for the first time in Beijing when the team arrives on Feb. 3.

Six burning questions about the 2022 U.S. Olympic men's hockey roster

Only thing I've seen.

Reactions: montreal

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
They built a better team than last time at least, even if I think they left some good college/ oversees options off.

I really hope the NHL just strikes while the iron is hot and organizes a World Cup as soon as possible. No, it's nowhere close to Olympics but it's something and we haven't had best on best with this new generation at all. World Cup and Olympics alternating every 2 years would be a perfect world. I don't know why they held the 2016 world cup and then seemed to have no real plans for another.

Reactions: William H Bonney

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Again some odd decisions from USA Hockey. I don't understand why Bordeleau was snubbed as an example.

Nagle <-> McKay/DeRidder/Stauber (I understand this because these NCAA guys would have been third goalie so it is smarter to let them play in NCAA.) DeRidder is going to be a story like Strauss Mann. He is not going to get NHL deal only because he is not big enough.

Warsofsky <-> Lohrei Ness/Cooper <-> Attard

When i look at decisions like this I have to wonder if agents got involved in getting certain players on this team. I understand USA hockey wants some veterans but Warsofsky and Kampfer are just bad choices compared to whats out there.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Agreed. Young goalie who had a standout NCAA career. Left college to go pro in hopes of earning NHL contract and is having an excellent start in the SHL.

I feel that his size was only factor why NHL teams ignored him. Sometimes it feels a bit shortsighted when you look guys like Saros or Nedeljkovic.

Reactions: William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I feel that his size was only factor why NHL teams ignored him. Sometimes it feels a bit shortsighted when you look guys like Saros or Nedeljkovic.

He made a smart move in my opinion to leave college and go pro. I can't imagine that was an easy decision, especially with the team Michigan was building, but it will help overcome that size concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad