SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Reactions: William H Bonney

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Strauss Mann was excellent last year in Michigan and has been again this year in Sweden. Hopefully he can earn deserved NHL deal in the next summer. That said, I would like to see Dryden McKay rather than other European based guys like Smith, Cannata or Maxwell.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Jeremy Smith will play for Team China.

I don't know why any American would want to play for China (or any other country) but it should not be even possible that he can play for China even if he has nationality. He played for Team USA in U18s and you need to play least five full seasons in your new country if you have represented your previous nation in official competition. This is only his third season in Kunlun. That said, he should not be in Team USA.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I don't know why any American would want to play for China (or any other country) but it should not be even possible that he can play for China even if he has nationality. He played for Team USA in U18s and you need to play least five full seasons in your new country if you have represented your previous nation in official competition. This is only his third season in Kunlun. That said, he should not be in Team USA.
The KRS organization has implied that the IIHF has granted him a special exception to represent China.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
The KRS organization has implied that the IIHF has granted him a special exception to represent China.

This is sad in two ways: 1) People are selling their national identities so easily because of money these days (or they don't have it in a first place) and 2) International hockey is totally pointless if smaller nations just try to recruit players who are not in any way connected to their country. IIHF is allowing this to happen because they are bunch of wankers.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
This is sad in two ways: 1) People are selling their national identities so easily because of money these days (or they don't have it in a first place) and 2) International hockey is totally pointless if smaller nations just try to recruit players who are not in any way connected to their country. IIHF is allowing this to happen because they are bunch of wankers.

Yeah, rules are rules....until they don't apply and then we'll provide an "exemption.:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

In addition to the players, I'm sure the IIHF and IOC executives are being paid handsomely to do so.

Reactions: SK94

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Going with a roster mainly composed of college players with a sprinkling of pros is probably the best approach. I would also say Quinn will likely be a very good coach for such a group. Interesting to see the final roster/how they will do.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
That line bothered me. It wouldn't be even close to compare to what the guys did in 1980.

I think it's just more of a joke than anything. Agree, if we hypothetically did win it wouldn't be like the upset in Lake Placid.

We should have a fun and competitive team. Still hard to tell how they'd do vs Russia, Finland, etc as they have some really good European pros over there that will be aged 24-30.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I assume someone like Seravalli will leak the whole US roster prior to the show on ESPN, just like the Seattle roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad