*Pavelski/Hartman

Slavin-Fox
McDonagh-McAvoy
Werenski-Jones
*Fowler/Pesce

Hellebuyck
Campbell
*Demko

-Zegras has to get a look. He's one of the most dynamic players in the league and I think the more young legs we can get, the better. Has also proven to be a big game player
-Campbell gets the nod as the backup. Playing in Toronto is not easy and he seems well disposed to step in if Helle struggles.
-Pavelski probably deserves a spot but this team has plenty of skill and needs solid team speed. Perfect utility forward if a skilled guy goes down and then you have Hartman in the event the team needs more grit

Reactions: Herb Brooksie

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
John Carlson has been one of the best American defenders in the league during past five to six years, so I can't believe how many are leaving him out of their line-ups. Easily one of the locks. Brett Pesce should be nowhere near this team when there is so much talent available.

Slavin-Fox
Fowler/McDonagh-McAvoy
Werenski-Carlson
Jones

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Guentzel was red hot - is now out week to week with upper body injury.

Yeah, very unfortunate. Probably a hand fracture from blocking a shot (which he came back from to score 2 after, but these things swell overnight).

Just glad it doesn't seem to be the shoulder, which took a loooooong time to recover from. He was finally back to his old self before this recent setback.

Anyway, with his recent form + Sullivan as the coach, I don't see any way he doesn't make the squad.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
John Carlson has been one of the best American defenders in the league during past five to six years, so I can't believe how many are leaving him out of their line-ups. Easily one of the locks. Brett Pesce should be nowhere near this team when there is so much talent available.

Slavin-Fox
Fowler/McDonagh-McAvoy
Werenski-Carlson
Jones
He's a great offensive defenseman, but not a very good defender.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Team USA desperately needs some right-handed forwards. They have lefties for days.

Righties:
Eichel (injured)
DeBrincat
Troy Terry
Boeser (barely deserves a spot atm)
Pavelski (old)
Kessel (old, but best forward at Sochi)
Oshie (old, Olympic hero)

I’m likely missing some players, but the RH pool is pretty damn shallow.
Pavelski has been good this year, he should be in. I would put Oshie in if he hadn't already had two different lower body injuries this year. But he might be a lock just for the history alone. I'd consider Hartman but Idk if he made the 50 man list or how important that is

Stan Galiev

Sasha Minor
May 15, 2015
Pavelski has been good this year, he should be in. I would put Oshie in if he hadn't already had two different lower body injuries this year. But he might be a lock just for the history alone. I'd consider Hartman but Idk if he made the 50 man list or how important that is
Oshie has been really awesome when he’s played, just has a hard time staying healthy this year.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Zegras should be on the top line with Matthews and Kane! Most creative line out there

That would be so fun. Matthews flanked by his idol and the kid that looks like he could be Kanes heir apparent. I know some Ducks fans have said Zegras could be even more productive if his team had better finishing, hard to get better than Matthews in that regard.

Herb Brooksie

Nov 20, 2021
Olympics

NO LEICH:

GaudreauMatthews*Matthew
ConnorLarkinKane*
GuentzelJT MillerKreider
BradyNorris Hartman
Debrincat^Zegras^Trochek
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I LEICH:

GaudreauMatthews*Matthew
Debrincat EichelKane*
ConnorLarkin Guentzel
BradyJT MillerKreider
Zegras^NorrisHartman^
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PK: Miller, Kreider, Hartman, Debrincat, Larkin, Connor

SlavinFox
McDMcAvoy
Werenski Jones*
HughesPesce
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

HBuck
Campbell
Gibson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bubble:

Zegras

Norris

Hartman

Debrincat

Trochek

Terry

JRob

Nelson

Pavelski

Patches

Rust ->

Kreider

Wheeler ->

Hughes

Oshie ->
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hanifin

Trouba

Fowler

Carlson

Krug

Petry

Suter

Pionk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

A guy that I totally forgot about that could bring some jam to the right side is Rust and Sullivan is our coach…That is if they go with having everyone in their natural spots meaning we would have to dig deep for right wingers…Let me know what y’all think! I’m going to take a break for a while now LOL

Reactions: JiggsNY

Herb Brooksie

Nov 20, 2021
Trochek would be a nice extra forward because he brings both grit/skill - win draws, kill penalties and play RW. He would also be one of our only righty forwards and I know would be our only righty center.

Reactions: William H Bonney

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Not sure but I would have Hughes-Fox as the top pair

Edit:
Hughes - Fox
Slavin - McAvoy
Werenski - Jones
No way he plays over McDonagh, he only has 1 less ES point than Hughes and is waaaay better defensively. And if by some unfortunate miracle he does make this team, you would never pair your 2 smallest offensive defenseman together.

Slavin >>> Hughes
McDonagh >> Hughes
Werenski > Hughes

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
No way he plays over McDonagh, he only has 1 less ES point than Hughes and is waaaay better defensively. And if by some unfortunate miracle he does make this team, you would never pair your 2 smallest offensive defenseman together.

Slavin >>> Hughes
McDonagh >> Hughes
Werenski > Hughes

I'm sure you're right. I just want to see Hughes - Fox :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad