Olympics: Team USA 2022

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
This whole thing with the Black Hawks sucks, sucks even more that it has to coincide with the Olympic Team. The media will eat this up for months for clicks, sucks.

They hired the guy knowing this investigation existed, and now have hired a replacement who is also being investigated. This isn't an unfortunate situation for the Olympic team, it's their own doing. And the media absolutely should be covering these stupid decisions

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Canucks are being carried by Americans. I can give full details on them.

Boeser- injured his groin at the end of training camp. Missed the beginning of the season. He is a sniper but also has a very-under rated play making skill. Explosiveness is average, lethal wrist shot.

JT Miller- Swiss Army knife for the Canucks. Plays on the PP and PK. Plays Centre and Wing. Makes questionable decisions when he has the puck and is prone to turnovers. Plays with an edge and snarl. Has 120 pts in his last 123 games for the Canucks.

Conor Garland- Get this guy on the team! Never ending motor to match his skills. An absolute pest to play against. Very smart and cerebral as well. Surprisingly good in board battles and will win the majority of 50/50 loose pucks in corners.

Quinn Hughes- Game Breaker. Has also taken a major stride thus far this season in improving his defensive game. He was even put out there in the last minute of the game when the Canucks were protecting a 1 goal lead and in a defensive zone faceoff. Elite with the puck, skating, vision and passing. In a 1 game gold medal game, you want a game breaker like Hughes on the team even if you feel you have to shelter him defensively. If USA is down by 1 or 2 to Canada in the 3rd period, I cant think of any other Dman you'd want to play more than Hughes for USA.

Thatcher Demko- Solid as they come. He is really coming into his own. He has also proven he can be dominant in a short tournament. They call him Bubble Demko for a reason and almost single handedly eliminated Vegas in the playoffs.

IMO-

Boeser - no
Miller- yes
Demko- no
Hughes- yes
Garland - yes

Nailed it! Shouldn’t Demko be a ‘yes’?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

The facts in the Penguins case are different than the Blackhawks. Namely, Donnatelli was out of his job within 5 days of Guerin being told about it. He didn't ignore it or wait until a more 'convenient time' after the playoffs, he acted.

With regards to telling Skalde to keep quiet about it. I'll be interested to hear Guerin's side of that, but to me that sounds like a typical office HR type of thing. Anyone who works in a corporate environment knows that workplace privacy laws are a big deal and we are constantly reminded that we are not allowed to discuss publicly about internal personnel matters.

Reactions: Bixby Snyder

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Good to see Larkin playing well.
The guy has a penchant for playing up to the talent around him. He's having a big bounce back season now that Bertuzzi is healthy,Raymond made the team and we have a few competent puck movers in Leddy,Seider and Hronek. He's not elite on his own but surround him with good players and he's capable of solid 2way play and near ppg production. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do on team U.S.A.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
They hired the guy knowing this investigation existed, and now have hired a replacement who is also being investigated. This isn't an unfortunate situation for the Olympic team, it's their own doing. And the media absolutely should be covering these stupid decisions
I didn’t know they knew about Guerin before hiring him

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Canadian here asking American fans what they think about p.Kane being on the USA roster? Do you think he gets selected? Do you want him on the team?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Canadian here asking American fans what they think about p.Kane being on the USA roster? Do you think he gets selected? Do you want him on the team?
??? I don't understand. ???

Why wouldn't he get selected?

Edit : Never mind. Now I understand the question.

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Well, he has been selected. Do I want him on the team, yes although he's gotten off to a slow start. He's still one of the best forwards in the league. I guess your question is less about him as a player and what he will contribute on the ice and more about the Beach case? I'm not going to cancel Kane for what happened 10+ years ago when he was a young player himself and the circumstances of what he did know and did/did not do are murky.

Reactions: GiFRAUD is a BUST

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Gaudreau is having tremendous a start to the season so as of *today* I would expect him to be named to the team. The challenge for the coaching staff is to find a way to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. I think you pair him with a center who is defensively responsible (the bigger the better) and another offensively gifted winger (again preferably with size) who is a bit of a puck hound. Maybe Larkin and M. Tkachuk?

Reactions: HockeyWooot

danj7

Dec 17, 2017
How about this .....

Pacioretty/Guentzel - Matthews - Kane (Can't decide between Guentzel or Pacioretty ?? Pacioretty is a consistent goal scorer w/ size but Guentzel makes stars better)
Tkachuk - Eichel (Hughes) - Tkachuk (Eichel if able, Hughes is plan B)
Connor - Larkin - Debrincat (Speed, scoring and more speed)
Gaudreau - Miller - Pavelski - Coleman (Lots of PK & D in Pavs and Coleman .... Offense in Gaudreau and a good mix of Size, scoring and toughness in Miller)
... then I'd keep Kreider as my 14th forward

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Kyle Connor playing very well to start the season.

He's always been a dynamic, explosive player with the puck on his stick, but he's started playing like that without the puck as well, attacking to get the puck back(with his stick and turnovers, not blowing up anyone :eek:), which leads to more turnovers and the puck going the other way with speed. It's such an impressive mental change for us.

Play him 4th line plz ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad