Olympics: Team USA 2022

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Canucks are being carried by Americans. I can give full details on them.

Boeser- injured his groin at the end of training camp. Missed the beginning of the season. He is a sniper but also has a very-under rated play making skill. Explosiveness is average, lethal wrist shot.

JT Miller- Swiss Army knife for the Canucks. Plays on the PP and PK. Plays Centre and Wing. Makes questionable decisions when he has the puck and is prone to turnovers. Plays with an edge and snarl. Has 120 pts in his last 123 games for the Canucks.

Conor Garland- Get this guy on the team! Never ending motor to match his skills. An absolute pest to play against. Very smart and cerebral as well. Surprisingly good in board battles and will win the majority of 50/50 loose pucks in corners.

Quinn Hughes- Game Breaker. Has also taken a major stride thus far this season in improving his defensive game. He was even put out there in the last minute of the game when the Canucks were protecting a 1 goal lead and in a defensive zone faceoff. Elite with the puck, skating, vision and passing. In a 1 game gold medal game, you want a game breaker like Hughes on the team even if you feel you have to shelter him defensively. If USA is down by 1 or 2 to Canada in the 3rd period, I cant think of any other Dman you'd want to play more than Hughes for USA.

Thatcher Demko- Solid as they come. He is really coming into his own. He has also proven he can be dominant in a short tournament. They call him Bubble Demko for a reason and almost single handedly eliminated Vegas in the playoffs.

IMO-

Boeser - no
Miller- yes
Demko- no
Hughes- yes
Garland - yes

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Seriously questioning the decision making process to hire Stan Bowman in the middle of a known investigation. What were they thinking? It's almost inexcusable. Hopefully he steps down swiftly, and the team will be better off both ethically and proabably competitively.

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Next GM be like
94F89E87-3884-4498-8200-F698012FB44D.jpeg

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I mean does USA Hockey really want Guerin to take over? The optics of someone being under investigation for similar things aren’t exactly great, Lamiorello or Zito are much more baggage free appointments
I agree optics with Guerin aren't great, but I'm also not really in the loop with that story at all. But Lamoriello I can't even begin to imagine the type of roster we would see him put together, respect Lou but please I don't want him involved with this team , we'd get the most gritty veterny team USAH has ever assembled.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reactions: William H Bonney

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I agree optics with Guerin aren't great, but I'm also not really in the loop with that story at all. But Lamoriello I can't even begin to imagine the type of roster we would see him put together, respect Lou but please I don't want him involved with this team , we'd get the most gritty veterny team USAH has ever assembled.
Andy Greene named to replace Seth Jones in the top 3

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Guerin can **** off too

Jarrod said that seven months later, when the incident was brought to the attention of Guerin, who was the Penguins’ assistant general manager at the time, Guerin told him to keep quiet about the alleged assault.

“Guerin later advised Mr. Skalde that the Penguins were terminating Mr. Donatelli’s employment, but instructed [Jarrod] that knowledge of the incident and termination had to be suppressed, cautioning that it ‘has to stay quiet and can’t be let out,’” the lawsuit said.

Jarrod also alleged in his claim that he learned of “countless other episodes of inappropriate conduct by Mr. Donatelli, sexual and otherwise, which apparently the Penguins were aware of but did little or nothing to stop. Donatelli’s misconduct… was well-known by the Penguins management but tolerated because he was a successful coach.”

U.S. Center for SafeSport opens investigation into Wild GM Guerin, source says

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
I mean does USA Hockey really want Guerin to take over? The optics of someone being under investigation for similar things aren’t exactly great, Lamiorello or Zito are much more baggage free appointments
I can't imagine what kind of methods Lou would employ to keep guys in line off the ice in the Olympic village.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I'm not sold on M.Tkachuk but still a very good lineup.

As for Eichel not playing... It is really getting tight. Most Sabres fans never thought we'd get to November without surgery. Plus, would USA Hockey want someone that rusty?

Odds of Eichel being available : 20%.
Odds of Eichel playing in China : 10%.

I don't see Kreider left off US Team.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
This whole thing with the Black Hawks sucks, sucks even more that it has to coincide with the Olympic Team. The media will eat this up for months for clicks, sucks.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I'm a biased rangers fan, but if ur gonna pick one dman early...how do u not pick the American Norris trophy winner who's just insanely good.

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I do. There are many many many better alternatives.

No there aren't many better. USA Hockey likes Kreider a lot. I bet you're a Brady Tkachuk guy who has done nothing to merit a spot over Kreider. Kreider in a short tourney can be very effective, especially against Canada who the US can't out skill. Size, speed and can be physically dominating.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad