Olympics: Team USA 2022

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Right now it is Campbell and Demko in, Hellebyuck out. It would be quite an amazing story for Jack Campbell. Massive junior star and then everyone counted him out and called him one of the biggest busts in recent memory and now he is one of the best goalies in the league. Gibson, Campbell and Demko for me right now.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Right now it is Campbell and Demko in, Hellebyuck out. It would be quite an amazing story for Jack Campbell. Massive junior star and then everyone counted him out and called him one of the biggest busts in recent memory and now he is one of the best goalies in the league. Gibson, Campbell and Demko for me right now.

Campbell is most certainly in contention for a spot but having Helle off the roster is...bold.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Fair, to me these guys all play behind pretty shoddy defensive teams and if we factor in straight up sv% plus games played over the past couple of years, Demko comes in ahead of Gibson, Peterson, Blackwood.

Blackwood is Canadian, but as others have said Jack Campbell is in the mix as well.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Jack Campbell is such a beast, just limited Tampa to one goal when they had a ton of high danger chances.

He's up to a .919 SV% for his career and .932 this year. I believe both of those are higher than any other goalie in consideration. The only thing you can hold against him is a lack of a huge track record but he's been elite whenever he gets his chances.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Looks great. Making a case.

I think especially if Eichel's a no go you have to consider him at least for the 3rd or for 4th line center role. I think he makes a strong case regardless. He's big, can skate, has a scorers touch, and can play in all situations. To me, he'd be really good with a tandem like Kane/DeBrincat.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
I think especially if Eichel's a no go you have to consider him at least for the 3rd or for 4th line center role. I think he makes a strong case regardless. He's big, can skate, has a scorers touch, and can play in all situations. To me, he'd be really good with a tandem like Kane/DeBrincat.
And, as I've mentioned before, Nelsons commitment to USA hockey, every year he's free from NHL playoffs, should come into play.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You don't bring Terry you're making a mistake.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think we be in good shape with our goaltending. I'd be confident with Hellebucyk, Gibson, and either Campbell or Demko.

As of today Quick has entered consideration for
one of the 3 spots. If he maintains this level until
end of December I expect him to be named.

He has something none of the other goalies have
which is PO pedigree and Olympic experience.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Does quick really beat out demko?
Does quick really beat out Gibson?
Does quick really beat out helle?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You don't bring Terry you're making a mistake.

He has entered my list as one of 15 wings for
consideration. However he is going to have to
outperform about 10 of them to make it.

W Kane-Connor-M. Tkachuk-Oshie-Terry-DeBrincat-Gaudreau-Kreider-Garland-Boeser-Guentzel-Atkinson
B. Tkachuk-Farrabee-Lee

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He has entered my list as one of 15 wings for
consideration. However he is going to have to
outperform about 10 of them to make it.

W Kane-Connor-M. Tkachuk-Oshie-Terry-DeBrincat-Gaudreau-Kreider-Garland-Boeser-Guentzel-Atkinson
B. Tkachuk-Farrabee-Lee

Kane
Gaudreau
Connor

Should be the only 3 locks for wing spots on this team IMO.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
What are non Canuck fans thoughts on these individuals in making the team?

Miller
Hughes
Garland
Demko

Miller continues to be Jekyl and Hyde for Canucks. 1 minute he will have you pulling your hair out with some decisions he makes with the puck, then the next minute he changes the games and completely dominates on every aspect. Takes faceoffs, kills penalties, top pp, top line etc.
Leads the Canucks with 14 pts in 12 games.

132 pts in his last 134 games for Canucks

18 pts in 17 games in playoffs for Canucks

Q Hughes- MVP for the Canucks so far this season and it hasnt even been close. Just an absolute machine in possession and breakouts. Probably the most most talented Dman offensively in the NHL.
Hughes has improved as well on the defensive end despite being paired with Tucker Poolman.
10 pts in 11 games and rating of +6. Id imagine Team USA would want an elite skater like him on the team especially when it comes to the bigger Olympic size ice.

Garland- Probably a longshot to make team USA? but has been absolutely the best forward for the Canucks by a wide margin imo. Marchand lite as i mentioned before. He has done it all for the Canucks so far whether its game winning goals or game winning assists. Puck hound that oozes skill when he does have the puck on his stick. Undersized but makes up for it with his skating and elusiveness. 11pts in 12 games so far with Canucks despite having very little powerplay time.

He is 100% a playdriver, and carries his own line. He is with Dickenson and rookie Podkolzin.

Demko- Will be in the running for many Vezinas in his career. He is so ridiculous with how good and stable he has been. Has played for Team USA at every level. Can very much steal 2-3 games for Team USA when needed in the medal rounds. Bubble Demko is real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad