Olympics: Team USA 2022

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Absolutely over Knight and I rate him higher than
Campbell right now. By Xmas it will be sorted out.
Like I said there is a real chance he isn't even on the shortlist and whatever he does up to Christmas won't matter he already is out of consideration. He has had a couple years of bad/injury riddled seasons.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Like I said there is a real chance he isn't even on the shortlist and whatever he does up to Christmas won't matter he already is out of consideration. He has had a couple years of bad/injury riddled seasons.

Neither you nor I have a crystal ball. One injury to
Demko, Hellebuyck or Demko and continued current
play will put him on the team. Campbell has a thin resume and Knight doesn't look ready right now.

Sir34

Nov 11, 2021
Patrick Kane - Auston Matthews - J.T Miller
Quinn Hughes - John Carlson
Johnny Gaudreau - Vincent Trocheck - Kyle Connor
Cam Fowler - Adam Fox
Alex DeBrincat - Dylan Larkin - Brock Boeser
Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Joe Pavelski - Jake Guentzel - T.J Oshie
Keith Yandle - Charlie McAvoy

Thatcher Demko
Connor Hellebuyck
John Gibson

I think that i'm not far away from right when i say, that this is the Americas team in Olympics in 2022!!
What do you think? In my opinion there is good snipers, playmakers, d-mans that are good handling the puck, and of course defending, grinders, leaders, good goalies!!! There is all we need to take the Olympic gold medal!!

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Cam Fowler - Adam Fox

Thatcher Demko
Connor Hellebuyck
John Gibson

I think that i'm not far away from right when i say, that this is the Americas team in Olympics in 2022!!
What do you think? In my opinion there is good snipers, playmakers, d-mans that are good handling the puck, and of course defending, grinders, leaders, good goalies!!! There is all we need to take the Olympic gold medal!!

I like how you wrote the lines the European way…. All good except Keith Yandle probably didn’t even make the long list

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Here's my current team (25 man roster):

Goaltenders (x3):

John Gibson-starter
Connor Hellebucyk-backup
Jack Campbell-#3

Defense (x8):

Adam Fox/John Carlson
Ryan McDonagh/Quinn Hughes
Charlie McAvoy/Zach Werenski
Jaccob Slavin/Seth Jones

Forwards (x14):

Johnny Gaudreau-Auston Matthews-Matt Tkachuk
Kyle Connor-J.T. Miller-Brady Tkachuk
Alex DeBrincat-Brock Nelson-Patrick Kane
Chris Krieder-Dylan Larkin-Conor Garland
Extras: Troy Terry and Josh Norris

Notes:

I see goaltending and defense as a real strength. After a tough start Jones is playing a lot better and putting up points. Hughes is piling up the points and stabilized in his own end. I know certain cohorts don't like having that many offensive d-men on the team but I think there's a lot of balance and the puck-moving/skating will be the best in the tournament.

There's a lot of smaller, offensively gifted forwards on this team. I think the U.S. brass will add some size to balance some things out. That's why I see the likes of the Tkachuk brothers, Nelson, and Kreider as strong candidates.

If Jack Eichel by some miracle is back from surgery and playing at a decent level he'll be on the team. I don't think there's enough time though. Other players that will be under strong consideration if they are healthy are Jack Hughes and Max Pacioretty. I wanted to add Blake Wheeler but he really needs to pick it up.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Goaltenders (x3):

John Gibson-starter
Connor Hellebucyk-backup
Thatcher Demko-#3

Defense (x8):

Adam Fox/John Carlson
Jaccob Slavin/Seth Jones

Forwards (x14):

Notes:

I see goaltending and defense as a real strength. After a tough start Jones is playing a lot better and putting up points. Hughes is piling up the points and stabilized in his own end. I know certain cohorts don't like having that many offensive d-men on the team but I think there's a lot of balance and the puck-moving/skating will be the best in the tournament.

There's a lot of smaller, offensively gifted forwards on this team. I think the U.S. brass will add some size to balance some things out. That's why I see the likes of the Tkachuk brothers, Nelson, and Kreider as strong candidates.

If Jack Eichel by some miracle is back from surgery and playing at a decent level he'll be on the team. I don't think there's enough time though. Other players that will be under strong consideration if they are healthy are Jack Hughes and Max Pacioretty. I wanted to add Blake Wheeler but he really needs to pick it up.

Nice team. Very skilled and some physcality with Miller, Tkachuk brothers, Nelson, Kreider and Larkin.

Do you think Iafallo and Copp have any chance?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Nice team. Very skilled and some physcality with Miller, Tkachuk brothers, Nelson, Kreider and Larkin.

Do you think Iafallo and Copp have any chance?

I could see those two on the long list. I don't think they have much of a chance for the actual team though.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Like I said there is a real chance he isn't even on the shortlist and whatever he does up to Christmas won't matter he already is out of consideration. He has had a couple years of bad/injury riddled seasons.[/QUO

Goaltenders (x3):

John Gibson-starter
Connor Hellebucyk-backup
Thatcher Demko-#3

Defense (x8):

Adam Fox/John Carlson
Jaccob Slavin/Seth Jones

Forwards (x14):

Notes:

Quick with the shutout, while Demko gets lit up
and Gibson with a mediocre effort against Seattle.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would be surprised if Eichel won’t be there. After the Buffalo saga, I don’t think Vegas is going to want to start that relationship off poorly. Eichel is a world class athlete. He’ll be ready on the front end of the timeline. Surgery was supposed to be today, and he needs to be ready in two and a half months. I’d have to re-listen to the 31T Podcast where his doctor explained the exact timeline to remember what the timeline is supposed to be, but I think he’ll be ready.

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
Neither you nor I have a crystal ball. One injury to
Demko, Hellebuyck or Demko and continued current
play will put him on the team. Campbell has a thin resume and Knight doesn't look ready right now.
how can you say campbell has thin resume and still have demko over him? Demko has played fewer career games than him.

IMO, you take the hot goalie, that why i would have campbell on my team as the third goalie.

he been really good this year.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I would be surprised if Eichel won’t be there. After the Buffalo saga, I don’t think Vegas is going to want to start that relationship off poorly. Eichel is a world class athlete. He’ll be ready on the front end of the timeline. Surgery was supposed to be today, and he needs to be ready in two and a half months. I’d have to re-listen to the 31T Podcast where his doctor explained the exact timeline to remember what the timeline is supposed to be, but I think he’ll be ready.
If this is the case someone needs to alert a certain poster

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I don't think there's much chance that Ryan Hartman makes it, but he looks like a perfect fourth liner for this team. Really nice to see some of these guys are breaking out who has not been able to fulfill their potential.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Demko playing himself out of top 4. I put
Gibson, Helle, Campbell and Quick ahead of him.

Keeps this play up Knight may move past him.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Chris Krieder-Dylan Larkin-Conor Garland <<<<< That line could reek serious havoc.

I would think you might see Kreider -Miller-Garland
as all 3 would have been NHL teammates. Maybe
even Kreider-Miller-Atkinson. Guys like Atkinson,
Farabee, Oshie for RW still in mix.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Cam Fowler - Adam Fox

Thatcher Demko
Connor Hellebuyck
John Gibson

When has Guentzel ever played C beyond a handful of
games in the NHL?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Trevor Zegras is very special as well, he is really coming on.

He is going to have to have a stretch of a dozen or so games like his teammate Terry is having. He is in
contention with more than likely Trocheck and Hughes
as I see a US center corp of Matthews-Larkin-Nelson-Miller. I think if Eichel recovers it shuts the door though.

Its unfortunate for Zegras that Terry isn't having
his success with him as his C.

That would significantly elevate his chances for the US Olympic squad.

danj7

Dec 17, 2017
He is going to have to have a stretch of a dozen or so games like his teammate Terry is having. He is in
contention with more than likely Trocheck and Hughes
as I see a US center corp of Matthews-Larkin-Nelson-Miller. I think if Eichel recovers it shuts the door though.

Its unfortunate for Zegras that Terry isn't having
his success with him as his C.

That would significantly elevate his chances for the US Olympic squad.

I agree with all you said, Zegras just has that “special” to his game. The 2 goals & the assist he had last night were insane. i know he is a longshot, but the skill, confidence & big game history at the WJC level …. could make him a difference maker in a short tourney. I know he can play LW (did so in the world juniors), but we are stacked there as well. I do have Zegras over Terry still in my mind, but Terry plays the less-loaded RW ~ which helps his case.

danj7

Dec 17, 2017
ZEGRAS - MATTHEWS - KANE (line 1A)
GAUDREAU - EICHEL - M.TKACHUK (line 1B)
KREIDER - LARKIN - GARLAND (fast 2 way line with 2 way ability)
B.TKACHUK - TROCHECK - COLEMAN (my crash line - hit everything that moves, forecheck, provide energy .. plus Trocheck & Coleman can PK and protect leads)
MILLER is my super sub
CONNOR is my 14th F (can't believe I am saying that ... but he can be inserted as needed for pure Offense)
>>>> DEBRINCAT & NELSON are my next up I guess .....

..... and I know its crazy to NOT have Connor on that first line and to put a rookie in ZEGRAS there, but its just a gutt feel, he's special & SO confident.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
ZEGRAS - MATTHEWS - KANE (line 1A)
GAUDREAU - EICHEL - M.TKACHUK (line 1B)
KREIDER - LARKIN - GARLAND (fast 2 way line with 2 way ability)
B.TKACHUK - TROCHECK - COLEMAN (my crash line - hit everything that moves, forecheck, provide energy .. plus Trocheck & Coleman can PK and protect leads)
MILLER is my super sub
CONNOR is my 14th F (can't believe I am saying that ... but he can be inserted as needed for pure Offense)
>>>> DEBRINCAT & NELSON are my next up I guess .....

..... and I know its crazy to NOT have Connor on that first line and to put a rookie in ZEGRAS there, but its just a gutt feel, he's special & SO confident.
In what world is Connor scratched while Zegras, Kreider, Garland, Colemen, and Trochek on the team? And you also don't even put Debrincat on the team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad