WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
18 points is 3rd highest from any team and you get rewarded Canada
It's classic Canada. They roll around like newborn toddlers in the group stage and usually end up 3rd or last in the playoff tree, over and over. I think it's disrespectful they barely even try, over and over. Hopefully they'll be punished and their fans will make sure to tell us it doesn't matter anyway if they lose in the QF. As the strongest hockey nation on the planet. On paper. I called Canadian hockey stagnating. I stand by that statement.

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It's classic Canada. They roll around like newborn toddlers in the group stage and usually end up 3rd or last in the playoff tree, over and over. I think it's disrespectful they barely even try, over and over. Hopefully they'll be punished and their fans will make sure to tell us it doesn't matter anyway if they lose in the QF. As the strongest hockey nation on the planet. On paper.
I do hope you beat those guys. Its so annoying they don't give their all on the ice.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
It's classic Canada. They roll around like newborn toddlers in the group stage and usually end up 3rd or last in the playoff tree, over and over. I think it's disrespectful they barely even try, over and over. Hopefully they'll be punished and their fans will make sure to tell us it doesn't matter anyway if they lose in the QF. As the strongest hockey nation on the planet. On paper. I called Canadian hockey stagnating. I stand by that statement.

nah, Canadian best players are in the playoff, these are the D class players :)......that would be the excuses
Sweden will win though, always cheer for Sweden.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
If Sweden loses to Canada and let's say the result is 5-1 for Canada, it will be three tournaments under Garpen and there will always be a failure. It doesn't matter, we know how it is with him. Is a federation training in coach training ready? Will something finally change and things start to move in the right direction, and is Hallam the first such report to the public that they are working to improve? Or is Hallam just a cover for calming the situation, and will incompetent idiots continue to get jobs with their outdated leadership players? Sweden still has great players but a minimum of quality coaches, that just has to change. I just want to know if the stagnation of coaching will continue, nothing more.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
nah, Canadian best players are in the playoff, these are the D class players :)......that would be the excuses
Sweden will win though, always cheer for Sweden.
Every strong team is missing a ton of players, the Canadian team is stacked with NHL players and has no excuse to end in the bottom half - again. And again. And again.

Should we call Canadian players divas or sandbaggers unless you wave alot of cash or precious metal in front of their faces to give a damn about the sport they represent? Canadian players are convinced they are the best entertainers - if they get paid. Otherwise they could just as well take a dump at center ice and leave. At least they managed to beat Italy.

Am I being too rough? I one way yes, in one way absolutely not. So, is it sandbaggers or divas? At least it's sandbaggers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tmu84 and FinPanda

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If Sweden loses to Canada and let's say the result is 5-1 for Canada, it will be three tournaments under Garpen and there will always be a failure. It doesn't matter, we know how it is with him. Is a federation training in coach training ready? Will something finally change and things start to move in the right direction, and is Hallam the first such report to the public that they are working to improve? Or is Hallam just a cover for calming the situation, and will incompetent idiots continue to get jobs with their outdated leadership players? Sweden still has great players but a minimum of quality coaches, that just has to change. I just want to know if the stagnation of coaching will continue, nothing more.
If I had to guess: Hallam more than likely just wanted to coach the NT. So SIF had no plan, they just are really lucky.

Reactions: Dala and Elias40

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Hallam seems like the coach to have played FM/EHM, must have realized easiest way to NHL is by having success at the national level. 😁

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Every strong team is missing a ton of players, the Canadian team is stacked with NHL players and has no excuse to end in the bottom half - again. And again. And again.

Should we call Canadian players divas or sandbaggers unless you wave alot of cash or precious metal in front of their faces to give a damn about the sport they represent? Canadian players are convinced they are the best entertainers - if they get paid. Otherwise they could just as well take a dump at center ice and leave. At least they managed to beat Italy.

Am I being too rough? I one way yes, in one way absolutely not. So, is it sandbaggers or divas? At least it's sandbaggers.
I gather you don't think very highly of players that play in Europe otherwise you might give them more credit.

Mainiac

May 15, 2021

This seems a bit harsh. TC has a bunch of young guys who've never played internationally. Different style, different refs, takes some adjustment. They expect to do well but sometimes they encounter strong team defence and fall on their faces. Frustration sets in. Some years they adjust and do well, other years they don't and get bounced early. Not diva's who don't GAS. They totally GAS, just somewhere on the learning curve.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This seems a bit harsh. TC has a bunch of young guys who've never played internationally. Different style, different refs, takes some adjustment. They expect to do well but sometimes they encounter strong team defence and fall on their faces. Frustration sets in. Some years they adjust and do well, other years they don't and get bounced early. Not diva's who don't GAS. They totally GAS, just somewhere on the learning curve.
Perhaps so. I just find it peculiar that Canadian teams usually end up in the bottom half of the playoff tree and usually gets a medal anyway.
I gather you don't think very highly of players that play in Europe otherwise you might give them more credit.
A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

OEL back for the QF
That is great news. Hopefully he's not too banged up.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Canada has been very physical and borderline dirty in the games i seen them so far. They are gonna try to hurt OEL, Nylander and Dahlin for sure. Nordström should give back and put a elbow in the head of Barzal and other canadian superstars.

Speaking of Nylander, he had like 5 body checks last game wtf. Nice to see our most skilled player playing with grit.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Time for Marcus Pettersson to wake up. He was awful 2019 and has been awful so far aswell. He is so shacky and nervous and cant keep up. He does do a good job in NHL with pens, so the potential is there.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Also why is not Anton Bengtsson delivering body checks? He done it all year long in EHT, SHL and CHL, but now when its WC he decided to not hit. Makes zero sense. Even Nylander is more physical than him.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Hallam seems like the coach to have played FM/EHM, must have realized easiest way to NHL is by having success at the national level. 😁
Hmm.. Then Jalonen should allready be in NHL ; ) most important thing seems to be: contacs..

Reactions: Dala

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Hmm.. Then Jalonen should allready be in NHL ; ) most important thing seems to be: contacs..
I think Jalonen is missing accomplishments outside from his international coaching career. Sure, he has 1 Liiga title, but outside of that there's not much there, especially considering the teams that he coached.

But I don't think any of that matters. As you say contacts does, that's why NHL teams never hire Euro coaches for HC jobs(but they do hire American/Canadian ones who coached in Europe just prior).

Same deal with GM jobs. Only European GMs in the past while are Jarmo and Allvin, right? And they had lengthy careers working in the NHL before getting their current positions. Also were approx. the same age when they got their current positions.

Reactions: Snowsii

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
I think Jalonen is missing accomplishments outside from his international coaching career. Sure, he has 1 Liiga title, but outside of that there's not much there, especially considering the teams that he coached.

But I don't think any of that matters. As you say contacts does, that's why NHL teams never hire Euro coaches for HC jobs(but they do hire American/Canadian ones who coached in Europe just prior).

Same deal with GM jobs. Only European GMs in the past while are Jarmo and Allvin, right? And they had lengthy careers working in the NHL before getting their current positions. Also were approx. the same age when they got their current positions.
I would say that Tuomo Ruutu is going to be next european hc in NHL

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah I'd say Ruutu, Samuelsson, Sturm, & Anders Sörensen probably have the highest chances right now as they're current ass. coaches in the NHL(in the case of the former 3), and in Sörensen's case an AHL HC.

It is fun that Ruutu, & Samuelsson both are in Florida. So 66% of all Euro ass. coaches in the NHL are in Florida.

Reactions: Snowsii

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Did Grönborg ever have a real chance of being head coach? I read some speculation and contacts, but it probably didn't have a real basis, did it?

In the Czech Republic, newspapers recently wrote that Varada (a former NHL player and coach of the championship team in the Czech league) has a chance to be an assistant at Devils thanks to the contacts of Patrik Elias. Assistant Nassredine ended up in New Jersey after the season.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Idk if making 5 of the last 6 finals and winning 3 golds could be considered stagnation lol, some of those were with pretty young teams too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad