WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Garpenlöv is perhaps the most incompetent, arrogant, dumbest coach I've ever witnessed at this level. Everything is off and I completely understand why so many NHL players declined to play for him. Which team can win with him in the booth? Which have won with him? None, because he's never been the head coach before in his entire life.

And it has really showed. I want the media to pressure how the hell they decided to hire this clown because it's pathetic.

Reactions: FinPanda and AB13

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Is your new head coach announced already? You could have Lauri Marjamäki if you want
Oh no, please don’t give the federation this suggestion as they seem to have a faiblesse for bad coaches. What they don’t know is that they have actually hired a good one in Sam Hallam.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
I just wondering what the federation thinks for the past year ? the quality of Tre Kronos has gone down hill and they just sat and do nothing, and what I know were they always said they have faith in Garpenlöv.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The Garpenlöv nightmare is over now. We are free guys. The good thing about the loss is that we never have to see his face behind the bench ever again. The loss hurts but I still feel relief that it's finally over.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Tells it all about time with Garpenlöv that it ended the way it did. Happy for you guys for it, but not happy you lest the QF.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I just wondering what the federation thinks for the past year ? the quality of Tre Kronos has gone down hill and they just sat and do nothing, and what I know were they always said they have faith in Garpenlöv.
They had an evaluation after last Worlds.

Their results? "It was the players coming in during the tournament's fault." Absolute joke.

Also: Viasat with a spineless interview with Garpen.

• Haha
Reactions: Dala

Jarvinen

Mar 27, 2022
Such a shame you lost like you did. But on the flip side, WJC is just a few months away! Wish you better luck there!

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Any questions regarding PP to Garpen in post game interview?

Haven't kept count but how many goals did we score on how many opportunities facing top opponents? E.g. Finland, USA, Canada?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Haven't kept count but how many goals did we score on how many opportunities facing top opponents? E.g. Finland, USA, Canada?
NOTHING at all. Granqvist is a complete coward. Renberg was angry last year Garpenlöv got defensive and almost pissed his pants.

Jarvinen

Mar 27, 2022

32 minutes of penalties gave 2 goals against, can, fin ,cze and us.

Some of those minutes might have been even strength, I am too lazy to check.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
and Wikigård will tear him down, Viaplay is more ass liking TV.
They really like ass.
If Wikegård was in the studio I’m not even sure Garpenlöv would get out of there without getting punched. So its probably a good thing.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The Garpenlöv nightmare is over now. We are free guys. The good thing about the loss is that we never have to see his face behind the bench ever again. The loss hurts but I still feel relief that it's finally over.

No, but seriously, I'm quite excited what Hallam can do with the national team and I think alot more NHL players will have respect for him and his style. Hallam was one of three coaches I absolutely wanted to see next. I had Berglund (Luleå), Hallam (Färjestad) or Rönnberg (Frölunda) as favourable replacements, they all play the high, up tempo, no nonsense game and responsibility all over the ice. To always be in the face of the opposition, shut down the lanes and take it from there.

Instead Garpenlöv played the f***ing Finnish hedgehog, in the 2nd period! I mean, wtf was he doing? The Benny Hill show era in Swedish hockey is finally over.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

No, but seriously, I'm quite excited what Hallam can do with the national team and I think alot more NHL players will have respect for him and his style. Hallam was one of three coaches I absolutely wanted to see next. I had Berglund (Luleå), Hallam (Färjestad) or Rönnberg (Frölunda) as favourable replacements, they all play the high, up tempo, no nonsense game and responsibility all over the ice. To always be in the face of the opposition, shut down the lanes and take it from there.

Instead Garpenlöv played the f***ing Finnish hedgehog, in the 2nd period! I mean, wtf was he doing? The Benny Hill show era in Swedish hockey is finally over.

Hallam coached Växjö.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Hallam coached Växjö.
Aha, sorry about that, that's how much I care about the SHL. Still, he's a f***ing coach with experience, how about that for a change within the shit federation?

Anyhow, when asked what he's going to do next, Garpen answers: "I'm going to bury my dad." Yeah, that's exactly what I would expect. He wasn't even there. He was so awful I think if he was replaced with a basketball and a cap on the ball on a chair, the team would've performed better.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
If things dont go better with Hallam is time to understand we are not good anymore.
Do you even realize that with a qualified coach, Sweden would not lose three zeros twice and would win those matches? They still belong to the top, but now they are stagnating in a terrible way in terms of coaching. If this problem stops, they will win.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
WHC doesn't matter too much. I count junior success as well. Sweden has done great.. snd don't forget Sweden won b2b gold in 2018 and 2019.
WHC matters because we dont have best on best anymore. And its not like Sweden would stand a chance in a best on best against the powerhouses Canada, USA, Finland and Russia. So WHC matters even more, bigger chance to get sucess in WHC.

U18 is just kids. If you look up, Sweden hade not had sucess in long time in U20 WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad