WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
It's all about what reference point you have :D

Finns think swedes talk ALL THE TIME. I bet swedes think the same about norwegians or danes.. Who probably think they can't even force out words out of swedes.
We probably talk more than normal around finns because the silence makes us nervous :)

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
We probably talk more than normal around finns because the silence makes us nervous :)
It's hilarious when my swedish SO comes to diner with my siblings. Swedes seem to think there ARE uncomfortable silences :D

I got diagnosed with a muscular disease a few years ago. I went to see a doctor when I barely was able to get out of bed and go to the bathroom. Doctors still didn't fully understsnd my problem.. I went to hospital after that again and it required me to almost fell out from a hospital bed for them to realise how bad shape I was. I went school and everything untill I literally wan't able to walk and get out of bed anymore. We just don't complain and we go through the wall if we have to.

I can walk now btw, so physical rhrerapy has really helped me a lot. I can't walk a lot but walking is walking.
I know the feels. Luckily I can ride my bike really far. It has given me the freedom my joints can't.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
If this news is true, Sweden hasnt had two in a row..
Swiss has 4 times in 6 years..
If that is true, my tabloids are shit, they are the clowns and I'm the clown for believing their clown lie of statistics at such a narrow point. Which still is true I guess, so I still don't consider myself a clown at this moment at this specific question. This just added to the fire of digging deeper.

So, how even are the schedules from year to year, even with rankings if teams are consistently getting the shaft which should be highly improbable? How can it be random or even a purpose of justification if alot of money - and influence - dictates everything?

In sense I think that article proves this organization is even worse than I thought. Yeah, I think it's easy to say the IIHF organization are incompetent, weak clowns. Considering the strong corruption oozing from FIFA, I wouldn't be more surprised from alot of dirty affairs and stupid opinions dictating decisions within the IIHF. f***ing clowns!

Last edited:
Reactions: EK47 and Snowsii

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
For those wondering, OEL (Oliver-Ekman-Larsson for search purposes) is out due to an ankle injury against Czechia

Translated from the article posted above:

Tre Kronor's captain Oliver Ekman Larsson did not play against Norway on Sunday. Garpenlöv admitted it was worried. Representing the Vancouver Canucks, the kit is a top player at the World Cup level.

Ekman Larsson got the puck on his ankle a week ago against the Czech Republic. Reporters asked if the absence was due to ankle pain.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Nobody, and nobody says in Sweden that nobody cares of these Finland Hockey World Champion ships ... he's a bloody liar.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Yeah, pretty shocking for a country that has 40+ NHL forwards. Not bad at all for beating Denmark though.
I dont know who we will face in the qf, we will see. But if its Denmark, we dont stand a chance. We loss to USA, they win over Canada. Denmark is on a whole other level than Sweden.

• Haha
Reactions: FinPanda

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Let's pray it's not Slovakia, at least. Imagine if it's Slovakia that beat Denmark that beat Canada that beat Slovakia... You would be doomed....

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Let's pray it's not Slovakia, at least. Imagine if it's Slovakia that beat Denmark that beat Canada that beat Slovakia... You would be doomed....
Slovakia is very good aswell. They crushed us in Olympics and have a good coach. I dont think Slovaks looked bad against Canada, germany and swiss.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
I dont know who we will face in the qf, we will see. But if its Denmark, we dont stand a chance. We loss to USA, they win over Canada. Denmark is on a whole other level than Sweden.
Aren't you getting tired with that Sweden is doomed bullshit on any thread. What is your purpose? Do you want others to contradict and state the obvious just to read how good Sweden really is? For gods sake you act as if sweden should be ranked somwhere between new zealand and lesotho that's plain ridicolous and honestly it's getting annoying.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Aren't you getting tired with that Sweden is doomed bullshit on any thread. What is your purpose? Do you want others to contradict and state the obvious just to read how good Sweden really is? For gods sake you act as if sweden should be ranked somwhere between new zealand and lesotho that's plain ridicolous and honestly it's getting annoying.
I just stopped responding to the guy

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
People are deluded and think that Sweden is still a powerhouse in Icehockey. Too many are living in the past. Im just trying to give people the red pill.

Sweden is not top 10, we are 11-15, hard to say exact position. Being 11-15 is not as bad as being on the level of New Zealand. You people are exeggerating what im saying.

• Haha

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
People are deluded and think that Sweden is still a powerhouse in Icehockey. Too many are living in the past. Im just trying to give people the red pill.

Sweden is not top 10, we are 11-15, hard to say exact position. Being 11-15 is not as bad as being on the level of New Zealand. You people are exeggerating what im saying.
Wait 10-15?? I needed to respond, you're going way too far:laugh:

Did you lose your mind or something?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I just stopped responding to the guy
Then u stopped responding to 99 % of all hockey fans worldwide? Its only swedes themself and a couple of Hfboards users who still think Sweden is part of the big boys. You could do a test. Go and ask hockeyfans IRL if you ever go to a WC, ask the latvians, the swiss, the czehcs etc ask them about top 10 list, 99 of 100 will not have Sweden on it. Thats the reality. Or you gould to a latvian hockey forum, then a swiss hockey forum and ask it. Same responses there as IRL.

swissdude

May 18, 2019

oh I wasn't aware of that, now i'll be probably even more pissed the next time we lose a shootout in the gold medal game against a team that is not even top 10 nation in the world. You seriously think Sweden isn't top 10 anymore, well that's a pretty daring thesis but everyone is entitled to their own opinion :DD

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Then u stopped responding to 99 % of all hockey fans worldwide? Its only swedes themself and a couple of Hfboards users who still think Sweden is part of the big boys. You could do a test. Go and ask hockeyfans IRL if you ever go to a WC, ask the latvians, the swiss, the czehcs etc ask them about top 10 list, 99 of 100 will not have Sweden on it. Thats the reality. Or you gould to a latvian hockey forum, then a swiss hockey forum and ask it. Same responses there as IRL.
You don't know anything about hockey if you don't put Sweden top 5. Could argue ecen 2nd/3rd. Sweden is an will be a top hockey country. Like you would put countries like Germany, Latvia and Norway ahead of Sweden? Sweden has a lot of NHL players and they just won two U18 golds in 3 years You need a reality check. You ask any hockey fan in the world and they would be ranked from 2nf go 5th no matter who you ask.

Stop the bs. You can't call yourself a hockey fan and say Sweden is not a top hockey country.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto

sounds like Finns on Swedish mask ?

• Haha

VILPERI

May 25, 2021
Hellberg starting in goal again?

Seems weird not to give Ullmark the start.

Edit: never mind Ullmark led Sweden on ice for the warmups so must be starting

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Hellberg starting in goal again?

Seems weird not to give Ullmark the start.
That is really weird. That seems to suggest that they see Hellberg as the #1 going into the knockout round. Ullmark needs the games if he is gonna be the starter

Hellberg has been good, so that by itself is not strange, but why fly Ullmark in mid-tournament if you don't plan to use him as the starter? He was good in the game he played.

EDIT: Seems like Ullmark is starting, mystery solved

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad