WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
The scheduling has been principally the same for many years and is based on results from the previous tournament. The best schedules for teams that won gold and silver last year... If you finish low in the standings like the swedes did last year, that's what awaits you schedulewise the following year.

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

Garpenlöv states it's Sweden and Great Britain that has 3 back to back games this tournament. Four games in five days, two days of rest then three games in four days. For the second tournament in a row. He didn't even mention the ridiculous number of early day games Sweden has (three, also among the highest).

Even though I respect Garpenlöv as a coach as a torn, wet sock he really has a point. I hope next time we host the tournament Finland will have the most f***ed up schedule as possible. Mostly early games and the exact same schedule, with the toughest games all in the first span. And only surströmming as lunch at the hotel and scheduled urination on their sauna stones.

Finnish clowns. Nobody believes this is a coincidence. It will be even so much sweeter to perform better than Finland at their home court, as usual despite them trying their best to f*** with the Swedish team. This should be remembered with kindness and repaid with interest.
Didn't think you would be so salty when Sweden is still the favourite to win the group. Like whats the problem? Sweden did terrible last tournament snd payed the price for it this year. Sweden has done excellent and only whining because the team couldn't win a very important game.

Calling Finns clowns is way too much.

Reactions: Dala

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The scheduling has been principally the same for many years and is based on results from the previous tournament. The best schedules for teams that won gold and silver last year... If you finish low in the standings like the swedes did last year, that's what awaits you schedulewise the following year.
Then shouldn't the schedule have been better for Sweden last year?

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013

Garpenlöv states it's Sweden and Great Britain that has 3 back to back games this tournament. Four games in five days, two days of rest then three games in four days. For the second tournament in a row. He didn't even mention the ridiculous number of early day games Sweden has (three, also among the highest).

Even though I respect Garpenlöv as a coach as a torn, wet sock he really has a point. I hope next time we host the tournament Finland will have the most f***ed up schedule as possible. Mostly early games and the exact same schedule, with the toughest games all in the first span. And only surströmming as lunch at the hotel and scheduled urination on their sauna stones.

Finnish clowns. Nobody believes this is a coincidence. It will be even so much sweeter to perform better than Finland at their home court, as usual despite them trying their best to f*** with the Swedish team. This should be remembered with kindness and repaid with interest.
Maybe the idiot should have coached the team better the last time around to give them a better seed? Maybe that affects how good/bad your schedule is.

Reactions: FinPanda and Dala

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I hope Ullmark plays against Norway AND Latvia. He needs to get in shape.

But Garpenlöv will probaly go with Hellberg and Högberg. Even thought Stefan Ladhe says no.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I player that i would like to have seen on the team instead of Nordström is Per Åslund. He has to be one of the most underated SHL/Elitserien players ever. He has been good for many years now and always shows up in playoffs. Super clutch, hardworking, physical, good defensivly, strong along boards and pretty skilled. He can do what Nordström does but with better hands.

Reactions: Seiza

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If Marcus Pettersson and Tömmernäs is playing bad against Norway and Latvia, then the only reasonable thing to do is to play Anton Lindholm and Pudas. I hope Garpenlöv have the balls to do that.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Not shooting the messenger here. But thats stupid as shootouts. Schedules should never be based on previous years. It should rotate.

I hope Ullmark plays against Norway AND Latvia. He needs to get in shape.

But Garpenlöv will probaly go with Hellberg and Högberg. Even thought Stefan Ladhe says no.
Defence is a lot about communication between the goalie and the D. So hope he gets to play a lot.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Not shooting the messenger here. But thats stupid as shootouts. Schedules should never be based on previous years. It should rotate.

Defence is a lot about communication between the goalie and the D. So hope he gets to play a lot.
And how would you do such rotation? Groups are divided by rankings, so they aint same every year

Dala

Mar 1, 2006

Most inefficient and static PP in the tournament, let's bench (?!) our best D and play our worst instead.

"Interesting strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them."

I assume they are trying to cover up some injury (foot from first game?) or this is so absurd I don't know if I've ever seen as incompetent coaching?

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

Most inefficient and static PP in the tournament, let's bench (?!) our best D and play our worst instead.

"Interesting strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them."

I assume they are trying to cover up some injury (foot from first game?) or this is so absurd I don't know if I've ever seen as incompetent coaching?
Nordström on the PP is baffeling. He was a shutdown guy in the NHL, he was a shutdown guy in 2017. I don't follow the KHL, but judging from his numbers, he was shutdown guy there as well. He would be one of the last guy to be placed on the PP.

Reactions: Dala and EK47

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
It is incomprehensible and insane that under Garpenlöv, the players from the fourth row can succeed and play well. Last year it was Wingerli and Froden, this year it's Aman and Lang. But when Garpenlöv is to assemble the rest of the attack line-up, Nylander's potential kills with an inappropriate pairing. With the list being completed after the match against Austria, a capable coach should be in the semifinals and play for a medal. But I feel that the crash in QF is definitely not unrealistic under Garpenlöv.

And the last thing ... in 2019, the bad player was Loui Eriksson, in 2022 it's Nordström. They both get big minutes in the game when everyone sees that their qualities are not so good. Eriksson was old, he didn't have the dynamics and the speed, thanks to that he pulled his teammates down. Nordström's speed has, however, hampering his puck, ridiculous.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
How Garpen will run the forward lines tomorrow probably:

Nordström - Wallmark - Nylander
Asplund - Kellman - Bemström
Klingberg - Peterson - Grundström
Lang - Åman - Friberg

At least Lang, & Åman will do well as they always do.
So I was 100% correct. Garpen never changes does he? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Dala

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Nordström paired with Nylander on the same line. You cannot make this up, it was a cruel joke it would happen. Great coaching Garpen, what's next, Tömmernes non stop in all critical situations?

Garpen made Nordström assistant captain and he shouldn't even be on the team, he has been utterly useless on the ice. Are Nordström and Garpen boyfriends or what the heck is going on?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Anton Lindholm is rock solid. Pudas has great chemistry with Tömmernäs, could work pairing them together again if OEL is out.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Anton Lindholm is rock solid. Pudas has great chemistry with Tömmernäs, could work pairing them together again if OEL is out.
God no. This is as qualified of an opponent as Pudas is able to handle you really shouldn’t listen to Norström.

Reactions: Dala and AB13

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
God no. This is as qualified of an opponent as Pudas is able to handle you really shouldn’t listen to Norström.
I dont listen to him. I just think Pudas and Tömmernäs had good chemistry last WC. Speaking of Mattias Norström, we could needed him on the ice. One of our best stay-at-home d ever with a safe passing game. Such a underated player he was. For sure as good as Niklas Hjalmarsson was.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Didn't think you would be so salty when Sweden is still the favourite to win the group. Like whats the problem? Sweden did terrible last tournament snd payed the price for it this year. Sweden has done excellent and only whining because the team couldn't win a very important game.

Calling Finns clowns is way too much.
You seen enough from this guy yet?

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
You seen enough from this guy yet?
Its a forum, people have their opinions and if you asked who I responded to, I'd have no idea. I don't remember names unless they say so stupid things I can't forget like anything Swedish hockey related from Ra.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Its a forum, people have their opinions and if you asked who I responded to, I'd have no idea. I don't remember names unless they say so stupid things I can't forget like anything Swedish hockey related from Ra.
I respect opinions,those aren't opinions though.

Ref bribing and schedule fixing isn't an opinion. They are as you say...................."stupid things"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad