WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Regarding Linus Karlsson, he wont offer much in 5 vs 5 at this level right now and he is kind of soft. But on PP he could do some damage with that hard good shot he has.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Nylander isn't exactly throwing himself on the phone to say yes, is he? It's not like the Czechs getting Pastrnak on their team as a bonus. We have Garpen instead.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Välkommen till VM, William Nylander!

1653028294497.png

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
3rd Worlds in as many chances!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
William Nylander has the best points per game of any player to play in the worlds in the 2000s, for all countries, with 32 points in 18 games. I’m excited.

Reactions: Slimmy and Dala

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Love the fact that the Nylander family always come when available and not injured. His father played so many solid WC tournaments back in the day and was lots of fun to watch with his creativity and playmaking ability.

Now, if only Alexander Nylander could break through (kind of doubt it), Tre Kronor would be set for a long time ;)

Reactions: Slimmy and EK47

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
If Garpen puts him on a line with Nordström I'll scream.
Would the Bemström - Wallmark - Nylander series work? Although not very real, because Bemström is a RW just like Nylander. So Grundström or Brome on LW.

I would still like OEL in PP2, no Gustafsson and Lindholm in the stands. But I probably want that a lot.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Would the Bemström - Wallmark - Nylander series work? Although not very real, because Bemström is a RW just like Nylander. So Grundström or Brome on LW.

I would still like OEL in PP2, no Gustafsson and Lindholm in the stands. But I probably want that a lot.
Would rather want to see Peterson with Nylander considering he's the better player and more skilled one, would make plays work more seamlessly for Nylander. Would especially help with Peterson if Bemström's not on the opposite wing as along with him they're really the only goalscorers on the team, really. Well, aside from Nylander now, but he's primarily a playmaker even if he's a 30 goal scorer.

OEL will stay on PP2, as will Gustafsson. We simply aren't deep enough to put a forward there instead of Erik.

I wonder if Tömmernes or Lindholm will sit(sit as in be the extra skater). Tömmernes sits if Garpen wants to have a shutdown pairing, and Lindholm sits if he wants 3 pairings he can keep cycling.

Reactions: Elias40

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Grundström - Peterson - Nylander
Brome - Wallmark - Bemström
Asplund - Kellman - Friberg
Nordström - Bengtsson - Klingberg

That's what I see happening with the forwards. It's likely that they keep Asplund with his current linemates. I would probably rather sit Nordström than Lang though.

On defense, I think Lindholm will be the 7th D. Can't see Garpenlöv not using Tömmernes much and I don't think he should bench him either. Pair him with Pettersson and we have three pairs with good enough passing and play driving. I'm not really a big fan of Marcus Pettersson but he does strengthen us slightly.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020

That's what I see happening.
Yeah, something like that would make the most sense. But it depends on whether Garpenlöv allows Klingberg and Nordström to play in the fourth attack. Maybe I'd trade Klingberg for Friberg.

Reactions: AB13

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013

That's what I see happening with the forwards. It's likely that they keep Asplund with his current linemates. I would probably rather sit Nordström than Lang though.

On defense, I think Lindholm will be the 7th D. Can't see Garpenlöv not using Tömmernes much and I don't think he should bench him either. Pair him with Pettersson and we have three pairs with good enough passing and play driving. I'm not really a big fan of Marcus Pettersson but he does strengthen us slightly.
I think he’ll keep rolling with Lang - Åman - Grundström that is by far the best possible fourth line we could hope for Bengtsson and Bromé extra forwards.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I think he’ll keep rolling with Lang - Åman - Grundström that is by far the best possible fourth line we could hope for Bengtsson and Bromé extra forwards.
So Nordström in one of the top lines then? Not ideal. I don’t think even Garpen goes that far.

Last edited:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I would love to see Wallmark play with Nylander. Wallmark is the only one on this team that can match Nylander's hockey sense. Think they would make a dynamic duo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad