WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Today, will play against Finland.

Edit: more specifically, he should already be in Finland as he has been supposed to arrive in the morning.

According to Aftonbladet, both Grundström and Peterson should already have landed in Helsiniki and be on their way to Tampere. Both expected to play tonight

According to Aftonbladet, both Grundström and Peterson should already have landed in Helsiniki and be on their way to Tampere. Both expected to play tonight

This article had more updated info, both Grundström and Peterson had arrived at the hotel and was resting. Garpenlöv was going to have a chat with them it they feel ready to play. Wallmark will miss tonights game as well

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I am a bit surprised that they held a spot for some one of Peterson's level. Is the team sorely lacking his mold of a player?
What is his "mold"? Know nothing about him and that can't be good.

Happy that Grundström joined. Hope he can play tonight. He will battle hard, take the puck to the net, create traffic and be a nuisance. Good skater, terrific attitude and not without skill.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I'd be kind of disappointed to have waited this long for an NHL player and get a guy who scored little over 10 points. I don't see whjy someone from Europe couldn't have filled that spot. Definitely got on the team because he played NHL, no matter how good they did there. I get that Garpenlöv is desperate but..

Last edited:
Reactions: EK47

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I'd be kind of disappointed to have waited this long for an NHL player and get a guy who scored little over 10 points. I don't see whjy someone from Europe couldn't have filled that spot. Definitely got on the team because he played NHL, no matter how good they did there. I get that Garpenlöv desperate but..
I'm disappointed that Elmer Söderblom didn't make the cut. But, WHC is a big stage and understandable if they thought they needed someone more experienced.

Reactions: FinPanda

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
I'd be kind of disappointed to have waited this long for an NHL player and get a guy who scored little over 10 points. I don't see whjy someone from Europe couldn't have filled that spot. Definitely got on the team because he played NHL, no matter how good they did there. I get that Garpenlöv is desperate but..
I mean you are right and all but the first center last game was Joel Kellman. Nothing against him but he is not really #1 center material at this level. He is better than expected overall though.

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I mean you are right and all but the first center last game was Joel Kellman. Nothing against him but he is not really #1 center material at this level. He is better than expected overall though.
Yeah, good 1st line centers don't grow on trees. Sweden has done extremely well so far though.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, good 1st line centers don't grow on trees. Sweden has done extremely well so far though.
Considering the roster its Well above my expectations so far. Having wallmark out will really hurt the PP tonight though. He’s far and away the best center.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I wouldn't call it extremely well. Beat Austria, GB and a Czech team that is in a complete identity crisis right now.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I wouldn't call it extremely well. Beat Austria, GB and a Czech team that is in a complete identity crisis right now.
Czechs were definitely a massive disappointment. GB game was over after like 10 seconds.. so yea I guess you're right. True test today.

Reactions: Slimmy

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I wouldn't consider 17 a little over 10 as it's closer to 20 than it is 10, he scored at just over a .25ppg pace.

But semantics aside, I'm pretty confident in saying his point total doesn't reflect him as a player. He played under a Bowness led Stars team which suffocated all offense while he ended up with a 4th liners ATOI, so not bad production for his deployment, and for people loving per 60 stats: his goals per 60 ranked 3rd on Dallas.

He got praise for his play during the playoffs(esp. g7) and people wanted Bowness to have played him more, he played in a very limited 4th line role the games he did play.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I am a bit surprised that they held a spot for some one of Peterson's level. Is the team sorely lacking his mold of a player?
We only have 1 natural skilled center and that is Wallmark. And seems like he is injured. Jacob Peterson is said to be a very skilled player.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Considering what has happened on the ice it's quite obvious Finland has a clear home ice advantage when it comes to the refs. Just saying. There's some blatant calls being ignored so far. Finland doesn't want to be on the PK and neither do the refs. Especially considering what the Swedish team ended up in the box for. Cross check to the face? Naaah. It's fine.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Considering what has happened on the ice it's quite obvious Finland has a clear home ice advantage when it comes to the refs. Just saying. There's some blatant calls being ignored so far. Finland doesn't want to be on the PK and neither do the refs. Especially considering what the Swedish team ended up in the box for.
I've seen that in Latvia and USA games yea

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I've seen that in Latvia and USA games yea
I'm talking about this game and this atmosphere. There will be questions when you make weak calls against one team and ignore blatant penalties for the other team. I'm listening to the neutral NA commentators and it becomes quite obvious from what they observe.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yes but the reffing thing has shown in the previous games as well
They cannot catch up in modern hockey, everything is too fast for them, that much is determined. They need help from more observers.

And there's the "I'm sorry" call from the refs when I spoke of it. Even if it's obvious, it's still the "I'm sorry" call to the Swedish bench considering the level the refs have apparently set.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We dont need Nylander. Lets keep doing the grinding magic . 4 straight wins. Not even Czechia and Finns could stop us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad