WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I would love to see Wallmark play with Nylander. Wallmark is the only one on this team that can match Nylander's hockey sense. Think they would make a dynamic duo.
As far as forwards goes Peterson is right there.

Nylander and OEL always say yes to Tre Kronor. They're legends in my book. <3
Adam Larsson too. Sounds like Dahlin+Peterson will also be yes-men. It seems like somebody stopped Dahlin from going 2019, if I had to bet on it: it was Buffalo. We've seen similar things happen with Power, Raymond, & Seider.

Reactions: TommySalo

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
As far as forwards goes Peterson is right there.

Adam Larsson too. Sounds like Dahlin+Peterson will also be yes-men. It seems like somebody stopped Dahlin from going 2019, if I had to bet on it: it was Buffalo. We've seen similar things happen with Power, Raymond, & Seider.
Seider is playing for team Germany.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I wasn't talking about just this season with my examples.
He played last year too, and 2020 tournament was cancelled. Not once have they stopped him.
Regarding Raymond i wonder if they gave him a choice between WHC and WJC in august. Could be the case with Power too.

Reactions: tkb81

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Grundström - Peterson - Nylander
Brome - Wallmark - Bemström
Asplund - Kellman - Friberg
Nordström - Bengtsson - Klingberg

That's what I see happening with the forwards. It's likely that they keep Asplund with his current linemates. I would probably rather sit Nordström than Lang though.

On defense, I think Lindholm will be the 7th D. Can't see Garpenlöv not using Tömmernes much and I don't think he should bench him either. Pair him with Pettersson and we have three pairs with good enough passing and play driving. I'm not really a big fan of Marcus Pettersson but he does strengthen us slightly.
Asplund is too good. Switch place on him and Brome.

Also Lang should have Nordströms spot.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Asplund is too good. Switch place on him and Brome.

Also Lang should have Nordströms spot.
Honestly they should stick with Grundström - Åman - Lang
Best thing about Sweden against Finland.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Honestly they should stick with Grundström - Åman - Lang
Best thing about Sweden against Finland.
Grundström produce fairly amount of points in NHL and had 4 points in 6 stanley cup games We should not bury him that low. Im sure someone like Klingberg/Friberg would work just fine with Lang and Åman.

And please god no more Nordström. I cant take it anymore.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He played last year too, and 2020 tournament was cancelled. Not once have they stopped him.
Regarding Raymond i wonder if they gave him a choice between WHC and WJC in august. Could be the case with Power too.
Detroit stopped Seider from going to the 2021 WJCs.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Asplund - Wallmark - Bemström
Brome - Kellman - Friberg
Lang - Bengtsson - Klingberg

Dahlin - Larsson
Gustafsson - OEL
Tömmernäs - Pettersson

Ullmark

Thought im scared Garpenlöv will bench Tömmernäs and play Lindholm instead.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Asplund - Wallmark - Bemström
Brome - Kellman - Friberg
Lang - Bengtsson - Klingberg

Dahlin - Larsson
Gustafsson - OEL
Tömmernäs - Pettersson

Ullmark

Thought im scared Garpenlöv will bench Tömmernäs and play Lindholm instead.
Can easily win the gold

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Not gonna happen. We are probaly playing Slovakia or Denmark in the qf, we would lose for sure against either. I wont be mad, just reaching qf is a success. We did not even make it last year.
You definitely won't lose against them. This year really feels like Swedish gold after all the declines but it has really made the team to get through everything
Definitely a final team.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
You definitely won't lose against them. This year really feels like Swedish gold after all the declines but it has really made the team to get through everything
Definitely a final team.
Slovakia have a great coach and they are always playing good against Sweden.

When it comes to Denmark its the same reasons + the fact that we lost to them twice last year. Danish forwards are Ehlers + very skilled european league players. Our forward group is grinders + Nylander.

ill eat my hat if we get past qf.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Slovakia have a great coach and they are always playing good against Sweden.

When it comes to Denmark its the same reasons + the fact that we lost to them twice last year. Danish forwards are Ehlers + very skilled european league players. Our forward group is grinders + Nylander.

ill eat my hat if we get past qf.
Sweden top 4 for sure.

Reactions: Brunkmeister

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
its not big ice
Doesn’t matter with Nylander he’s not a legit star in the NHL for his skating (that’s just a bonus), he’s that beacause he processes the game faster and more accurately than most of his adversarys and has the ability to convert that into a scoring chance.

Reactions: teddygmr

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
How Garpen will run the forward lines tomorrow probably:

Nordström - Wallmark - Nylander
Asplund - Kellman - Bemström
Klingberg - Peterson - Grundström
Lang - Åman - Friberg

At least Lang, & Åman will do well as they always do.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
How Garpen will run the forward lines tomorrow probably:

Nordström - Wallmark - Nylander
Asplund - Kellman - Bemström
Klingberg - Peterson - Grundström
Lang - Åman - Friberg

At least Lang, & Åman will do well as they always do.
Just puked in my mouth.

Anybody know what happened to OEL?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Why does Garpenlöv keep playing Nordström in OT? And why did he not bench Tömmernäs who had a awful game? Horrible coaching as usual

Just puked in my mouth.

Anybody know what happened to OEL?
OEL? Did he get injured?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Why does Garpenlöv keep playing Nordström in OT? And why did he not bench Tömmernäs who had a awful game? Horrible coaching as usual

OEL? Did he get injured?
He wasn’t on the ice for like at least half the third period

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden

Garpenlöv states it's Sweden and Great Britain that has 3 back to back games this tournament. Four games in five days, two days of rest then three games in four days. For the second tournament in a row. He didn't even mention the ridiculous number of early day games Sweden has (three, also among the highest).

Even though I respect Garpenlöv as a coach as a torn, wet sock he really has a point. I hope next time we host the tournament Finland will have the most f***ed up schedule as possible. Mostly early games and the exact same schedule, with the toughest games all in the first span. And only surströmming as lunch at the hotel and scheduled urination on their sauna stones.

Finnish clowns. Nobody believes this is a coincidence. It will be even so much sweeter to perform better than Finland at their home court, as usual despite them trying their best to f*** with the Swedish team. This should be remembered with kindness and repaid with interest.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad