WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Seems not worth engaging on to even start with then.
You want me to fight? Like why,? Like I said, its a forum and I don't have the interest to get back to it unless I got a rssponse from them but I didn't.

Seems like you're taking things way too seriously, maybe because of the discussion about Canadians being divas and everything.

I wanted to express my opinion and calling Finns clowns because of a schedule in a hockey tournament is too much. Can't remember who I responded that to and it really doesn't matter.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You want me to fight? Like why,? Like I said, its a forum and I don't have the interest to get back to it unless I got a rssponse from them but I didn't.

Seems like you're taking things way too seriously, maybe because of the discussion about Canadians being divas and everything.

I wanted to express my opinion and calling Finns clowns because of a schedule in a hockey tournament is too much. Can't remember who I responded that to and it really doesn't matter.
I don't want you to fight, but I do get what is going on.

Calling Canadian players divas is too much for me, habitual trolling is too much for me.

You're right, maybe I am taking things too seriously, I guess I expect people to call things down the middle, regardless of who you cheer for or what you want or would like to believe. But that's asking too much around here

Noted.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

You're right, maybe I am taking things too seriously, I guess I expect people to call things down the middle, but that's asking too much around here.

Noted.
There is a lot of good people on this forum, some people aren't as good. It happens and it shouldn't affect our lifes one way or another. Lets just enjoy hockey and discussion with the people who are actually willing to have proper discussions. I mean I did spend a couple hours arguing about a goalie on the Finnish team with a Finnish guy for no reason..

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Nordström paired with Nylander on the same line. You cannot make this up, it was a cruel joke it would happen. Great coaching Garpen, what's next, Tömmernes non stop in all critical situations?

Garpen made Nordström assistant captain and he shouldn't even be on the team, he has been utterly useless on the ice. Are Nordström and Garpen boyfriends or what the heck is going on?

They know each other from Nordström’s days in Hanviken hockey club. Garpenlöv was involved some, plus had his own son playing in the club as well.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
"– Så småningom kommer det säkert komma fram exakt vad det är för problem och vad han har gjort och inte gjort. Här och nu handlar det mer om att låta honom vara i fred lite grann, sen ser vi om han är med på torsdag."

?! Weird statement?

"What he did or did not do?"

Told Garpenlov our PP and line combos are terrible, please do something? 😂
(Nylander took care of PP.)

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden

Calling Canadian players divas is too much for me, habitual trolling is too much for me.

You're right, maybe I am taking things too seriously, I guess I expect people to call things down the middle, regardless of who you cheer for or what you want or would like to believe. But that's asking too much around here

Noted.
I'm not calling Canadian players divas, Norström did and he mentioned it during a specific occasion. I called the Canadian hockey program stagnating.
Didn't think you would be so salty when Sweden is still the favourite to win the group. Like whats the problem? Sweden did terrible last tournament snd payed the price for it this year. Sweden has done excellent and only whining because the team couldn't win a very important game.

Calling Finns clowns is way too much.
I'm not exactly calling the entire Finnish population clowns, more so the people involved with the scheduling. And if they're IIHF people and not Finns, well it's them who are the clowns. Having one team draw the short straw with the scheduling two tournaments in a row is suprising to say the least. There's 16 teams, this tournament it's Great Britain and Sweden having the worst schedule. That's a chance of 1/8.

The statistical chance of the same team(s) drawing the shortest straw two tournaments in a row is about 1.5%.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I'm not calling Canadian players divas, Norström did and he mentioned it during a specific occasion. I called the Canadian hockey program stagnating.

I'm not exactly calling the entire Finnish population clowns, more so the people involved with the scheduling. And if they're IIHF people and not Finns, well it's them who are the clowns. Having one team draw the short straw with the scheduling two tournaments in a row is suprising to say the least. There's 16 teams, this tournament it's Great Britain and Sweden having the worst schedule. That's a chance of 1/8.

The statistical chance of the same team(s) drawing the shortest straw two tournaments in a row is about 1.5%.
Its still way too much to call them clowns, its just feels like saltiness. Sweden has done well so idk why calling people clowns is needed. Feels like unnecessary whining.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp and Dala

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Garpen was kinda easy to annoy as a player, especially when it came to team mates. Karlsson can have rubbed him the wrong way.
It all makes sense now.
(Yes, below is a joke. I hope... 😉)

OEL as captain voice concern that the best team is not playing, eg why is Nordström playing PP and on top line?

OEL benched and Nordström made captain.

It all makes sense now. 🫣

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Its still way too much to call them clowns, its just feels like saltiness. Sweden has done well so idk why calling people clowns is needed. Feels like unnecessary whining.
I don't think it is unnecessary. It's one of the greatest things about swedes - when they are unhappy with something they will let you know. Better than us just keeping it in.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
I don't think it is unnecessary. It's one of the greatest things about swedes - when they are unhappy with something they will let you know. Better than us just keeping it in.
That’s What the swedes say about the danes

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Glad William Nylander joined the team.

I'm increadibly tired of all the spoiled NHL players not wanting to join the team.

The national team is extremely important I would say. The young players in Sweden need role models and usually they don't watch the NHL very often because of the time difference.

Reactions: Dala

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
That’s What the swedes say about the danes
It's all about what reference point you have :D

Finns think swedes talk ALL THE TIME. I bet swedes think the same about norwegians or danes.. Who probably think they can't even force out words out of swedes.

Last edited:

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
It's all about what reference point you have :D

Finns think swedes think ALL THE TIME. I bet swedes think the same about norwegians or danes.. Who probably think they can't even force out words out of swedes.

Well, I can tell you this. A lot of us in the Nordic countries share some DNA but some are unaware, it's not a huge difference between us but it's kind of fun nagging and teasing I guess. :naughty:

I did extensive/deep ancestry resarch myself and I found ancestors in all Nordic countries including Finland, since then I have become a little bit more friendly. *LoL*

Generalisations are fun though, for me:

Swedes: We have a really good team spirit but sometimes we exaggerate this and turn too nice/soft/unselfish. Exception: I love how Sweden play vs Canada, then we suddenly show grit and fighting spirit (don't ask me why).

Finns: Great grit and fighting spirit. They have some kind of complex deep love and hate relation vs Sweden which I will never understand, mostly hate I guess. :laugh: Swedes don't hate Finns but we find them a bit annoying and hmmm "wild"/uncontrollable? (You don't want to end up in a fight vs a Finn because you know anything will and can happen.) Sweden would never ever had become so successful during 1600-1700 century (our "golden" age) if it wasn't for Finland protecting the border vs Russia, great warriors.

Norwegians: Great athletes but unfortunately hockey is not very big in Norway. Suffering from severe little brother complex vs Sweden. Oil suddenly made them filthy rich and I guess we wish we would have kept Norway. *LoL* Perhaps the most badass Viking king of all time was from Norway, Harald Hardrada, google it, worth mentioning. :cool: The most beautiful country in Nordic by far.

Danes: Great athletes but unfortunately hockey is not very big in Denmark. We like Danes but they don't like us. :laugh: I believe Sweden and Denmark share the world record in number of wars between two countries. :sarcasm: Luckily this was a while ago though, in comparison Sweden and Finland never ever had a war between us.

Last edited:
Reactions: FinPanda

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014

If this news is true, Sweden hasnt had two in a row..
Swiss has 4 times in 6 years..

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Finns are the masters of keeping everything in and not complain 😂
For me, being a finn in Sweden this causes some problems. Especially health wise. The few times I get an ethnic swedish doctor they just suppose I've already told them how bad the pain is even though I was brought up to understate my own anguish. Which leads to my problems and pain not being taken seriously as they think I function like most swedes :')

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
For me, being a finn in Sweden this causes some problems. Especially health wise. The few times I get an ethnic swedish doctor they just suppose I've already told them how bad the pain is even though I was brought up to understate my own anguish. Which leads to my problems and pain not being taken seriously as they think I function like most swedes :')
I got diagnosed with a muscular disease a few years ago. I went to see a doctor when I barely was able to get out of bed and go to the bathroom. Doctors still didn't fully understsnd my problem.. I went to hospital after that again and it required me to almost fell out from a hospital bed for them to realise how bad shape I was. I went school and everything untill I literally wan't able to walk and get out of bed anymore. We just don't complain and we go through the wall if we have to.

I can walk now btw, so physical rhrerapy has really helped me a lot. I can't walk a lot but walking is walking.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad