WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
No other lineup changes, huh?

Worst player on the team still on the top line, I guess Garpen doesn't want Nylander go look good at 5v5.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
No other lineup changes, huh?

Worst player on the team still on the top line, I guess Garpen doesn't want Nylander go look good at 5v5.
I think the weird line combinations is one of the worst parts of Garpenlövs coaching. Always when you see his line combos you wonder "huh, what is he thinking there?". And it is not like he is some genius that see things we others don't. His line combos look weird AND they do not work.

That and the fact his teams often looks passive.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I think the weird line combinations is one of the worst parts of Garpenlövs coaching. Always when you see his line combos you wonder "huh, what is he thinking there?". And it is not like he is some genius that see things we others don't. His line combos look weird AND they do not work.

Their zone entries are well rehearsed, but.. Make no sense. But if the players buy into it, it might give them a boost as a team I guess.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Combined with his inability to admit ANY wrongdoing on his part.

Worst WC tournament ever? "It's the players that joined after the prelim tournaments fault."

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Can’t have too much skill and creativity on one line. Every line needs a shithouse player to kill plays because that is how forward balance works. Let talented players play with talentless players. That’s the only way to play.

Reactions: EK47

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Can’t have too much skill and creativity on one line. Every line needs a shithouse player to kill plays because that is how forward balance works. Let talented players play with talentless players. That’s the only way to play.
Yeah, I mean it can make sense to have a grinder on a top line. The kind of grinder that plays physical, wins board battles, drives to the net and create spaces for his more skilled line mates. But that is not the kind of grinder Nordström is. Lang or Klingberg, the I would see the reasoning at least. I'd put Grundström in Nordströms spot, Bromé in Grundströms spot and Nordström in the popcorn line

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
It all comes back to you can’t be good without being terrible.

Yeah, I mean it can make sense to have a grinder on a top line. The kind of grinder that plays physical, wins board battles, drives to the net and create spaces for his more skilled line mates. But that is not the kind of grinder Nordström is. Lang or Klingberg, the I would see the reasoning at least. I'd put Grundström in Nordströms spot, Bromé in Grundströms spot and Nordström in the popcorn line
I’d scratch Nordström right now I can not for the Life of me figure out how he’s a better grinder than either of Friberg, Lang, Åman, Klingberg or even Grundström if you consider him a grinder for that matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13 and Seiza

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
It all comes back to you can’t be good without being terrible.

I’d put Nordström, well.. let’s see.. ehm.. maybe.. nowhere near this team.. like at all?
He is not even fit to fetch popcorn in your eyes? :laugh:

Of course, seeing is play so far, he'd trip and drop popcorn all over the floor, so fair enough

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
He is not even fit to fetch popcorn in your eyes? :laugh:

Of course, seeing is play so far, he'd trip and drop popcorn all over the floor, so fair enough
Haha that would fit his puck”handling” nicely. Anyways check updated post.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Now lets hope Finland will lose in regulation and Denmark beats Slovakia in regulation so Sweden will play Canada in the QF

We'll see what happens, I don't wanna be a bully lol

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Now lets hope Finland will lose in regulation and Denmark beats Slovakia in regulation so Sweden will play Canada in the QF

We'll see what happens, I don't wanna be a bully lol

If so, Sweden will be 1st, they will play either Slovakia or Denmark. Canada should be 3rd, and Finland will meet Canada.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
If so, Sweden will be 1st, they will play either Slovakia or Denmark. Canada should be 3rd, and Finland will meet Canada.
If Denmark beats Slovakia in regulation and Canada beats France is regulation, Denmark will be ahead of Canada because Denmark beat them yesterday. If Finland also loses to the Czechs in regulation:

Sweden-Canada
USA-Switzerland
Finland-Germany
Czechs-Denmark

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
I still don't see Denmark wins over Slovakia. The way they played yesterday they will probably out of gas by 2nd period.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I still don't see Denmark wins over Slovakia. The way they played yesterday they will probably out of gas by 2nd period.
Slovaks have basically one decent scoring line. If the Danes score first while they still have gas it's going to be very difficult for them.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Is it just me, or hasn't there been too many articles mentioning how great the group is and how awesome the mood is in tre kronor?

The most recent example is this one Tre Kronor-spelarna vill ge Garpenlöv en farväl-medalj: "Unnar honom det"

Kind of similar to how it usually is reported from local news when the favorite team is facing relegation? I might be too cynical though. 🙂 Can't be that bad considering the team has only lost a single game so far.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Is it just me, or hasn't there been too many articles mentioning how great the group is and how awesome the mood is in tre kronor?

The most recent example is this one Tre Kronor-spelarna vill ge Garpenlöv en farväl-medalj: "Unnar honom det"

Kind of similar to how it usually is reported from local news when the favorite team is facing relegation? I might be too cynical though. 🙂 Can't be that bad considering the team has only lost a single game so far.
Seems like they are being payed to shut up about the bad stuff. That’s probably why Renberg isn’t in the studio, he isn’t gonna shut up when they have a Guy like Nordström on the first line. Instead they have the nonconfrontational Granqvist and Norström.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Every more second I see Nordström with Nylander at equal strength is just sad at the incompetence Garpen has as a coach. It's remarkable how fumbling, unsure and... look, in his current shape Nordström shouldn't even be on the team, he has been absolutely terrible. Sweden has so many better options, why the hell isn't a guy like Bromé playing? Why isn't someone better up there? There are so many options except the trainwreck personified. His game is crashing under this pressure and his shape.

Somehow Garpen sees something in Nordström that is impossible to see as an observer. Is it a relationship, a favour for a cousin, what? He's a wreck! It absolutely cannot be an observation of his performance, that's for sure, he has been absolute dogshit.

The coach is why this team can't perform, no questions about it. His line choices are just big question marks. And then he asks why not more NHL players want to play for him? It's not strange, they have no respect for him as a coach. And it shows why he has no experience being a coach at this level. I have no clue why he was chosen, I say it's 100% Swedish, social corruption.

Garpenlöv is just like Hardy or any other clown in the booth. The team wins despite the decisions of the wine club at the Swedish hockey federation. It's laughable how bad they are at their job. Even worse, Hardy had experience. Garpenlöv has basically NO coaching experience - and I have a feeling his personality is kind of irky to handle. What a golden pick!

This is like playing a terrible Weinhandl with the Sedins in 2010 while a red hot Franzén in his prime was pouring in goals on the 4th line, never being promoted. Watch Garpen demote Nordström with 10 minutes left in a losing game playoff game. Like he actually managed to make a difference like a total clown.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad