WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
no. enough of the crying. we are Sweden. we are gonna win the gold. we are vikings.

We need some fighthing spirit again. All players need to work as hard as their life is hanging on it.

english translation for this famous swedish hockey song:

H-O-C-K-E-Y, hockey!
H-O-C-K-E-Y, hockey!
Hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey!
VM – now its hockey fever
VM – we are gonna defend our gold
VM – fight hard for every win
destroy the russians and make the czechs fall
Ooh-o-oh, ooh-o-oh, we will have Tre Kronor taking medals
okay, now we take them, now we take them
Okay, now we have them, now we have them
take charge and dont let go
mother svea best team
okay, now we take them, now we take them
Okay, now we have them, now we have them
Ooh-o-oh, ooh-o-oh, we can win, we want, and we can.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Should Söderblom play with better teammates? He is good at PP, uses his parameters in front of the goal, keeps the puck in the corner and wants to play. Unfortunately, he sometimes chooses a complicated solution when entering the offensive zone, in the end his bad decision allowed the Swiss to get the puck and Lang was given two minutes. Unfortunately, this frivolity also belongs to Elmer, but with the potential he has, I think he will remove these bad moments or habits from his game.

Reactions: EK47

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The forward pairs Garpenlöv played 3v3:

Asplund-Kellman
Wallmark-Nordström
Friberg-Bengtsson
Lang-Åman

:laugh:
I didn't watch but you are telling me he refused to put Berggren out there even 3v3? That's ridiculous man.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wallmark was injured, i hope its nothing serious.

Nashville down 3-0. Forsberg and Ekholm would be massive uppgrades. Forsberg dont have contract so he is probaly a no go.

Dahlin - Ekholm
OEL - Larsson

That would be a nice top 4

Ekholm often wants to play for Tre Kronor.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaro

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013

Nashville down 3-0. Forsberg and Ekholm would be massive uppgrades. Forsberg dont have contract so he is probaly a no go.

Dahlin - Ekholm
OEL - Larsson

The difference with just one really good defenseman in OEL was blatant. Whenever he was on the ice he was able to calm things down. Except ofcourse for that unfortunate time he was on the ice with Lindholm who really shouldn’t be close to making the final squad.

Ekholm would be great aswell but if there are no quality additions on f there I wouldn’t hope for too much, though I will say Asplund did make a difference. This however, does not change the fact that Garpenlöv just doesn’t cut it as a coach, even if he has become a better coach since the last wch.

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
This however, does not change the fact that Garpenlöv just doesn’t cut it as a coach, even if he has become a better coach since the last wch.

I think it is embarrassing that someone without head coach experience could get what should be the most prestigious coaching job in the country, just because he is a nice guy. Nepotism at it's finest. Hallam has earned the job based on merit, so I have higher hopes going forward. This year I will be happy if we make the QFs.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

Dahlin - Ekholm
OEL - Larsson

Yeah, very very unlikely that Forsberg accepts. It will be the biggest contract of his career, so I definitely won't blame him for not going.

If Tampa gets knocked out and we get Hedman, then we could get a world class defence. They will have to both prevent goals and score the goals, because our forward group will not :sarcasm:

OEL - Hedman
Dahlin - Larsson
Gustafsson - Ekholm

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Ok.

Florida
Flames
Nashville
Tampa
Boston
Rangers
Blues
Kings

Are all down.

Good Swedes that have extended contracts in those clubs:

Forsling
Hörnqvist
Andersson
Markström
Lindholm
Backlund
Lindholm
Ullmark
Arvidsson
Ekholm
Zibanejad
Hedman

Markström/Ullmark

OEL - Hedman
Dahlin - Larsson
Forsling/Ekholm/Lindholm/Andersson

Hörnqvist - Lindholm - Arvidsson
Zibanejad - Backlund - Bemström
Asplund - Wallmark - Berggren
Nordström - Bengtsson - Friberg
Söderblom

Its depressing doing this. Its not gonna happen. Maybe 1 or 2. I wish swedish NHLers had the same heart as Swiss, russian and czech NHLers have. What a team we could had have.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If Calgary go out it could obviously be a huge boost to us. Lindholm, Backlund, Markström, Andersson, Kylington. Could get our #1 Goalie, #1 Center, #2 Center and like #3 Defenceman from that series alone. Järnkrok is a free agent though.

If Calgary win, that would be a huge boost for Finland. Klingberg always comes but he is a free agent, so probably not this time.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I think we also need to consider that we need to ice a full roster vs Austria (May 14th) and Czechia (May 15th). So by May 14th we need to have 12 F, 6D and 2G in Tampere and ready to play, it is unlikely that any first-round exist have managed to join by then. Maybe, maybe Nashville players if they get knocked out in 4. So at max we can add 4 four skaters and one goalie.

Adding Markström, Hedman, Zibanejad and Lindholm would be the dream scenario.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think we also need to consider that we need to ice a full roster vs Austria (May 14th) and Czechia (May 15th). So by May 14th we need to have 12 F, 6D and 2G in Tampere and ready to play, it is unlikely that any first-round exist have managed to join by then. Maybe, maybe Nashville players if they get knocked out in 4. So at max we can add 4 four skaters and one goalie.

Worlds start 13th, where one needs 15+2G at Passport Control. So can add 7+1G after that.

First game is on the 14th, the game 7's are on the 14th and 15th, so only really those are

Nashville if out in 4 and that's 3 days for Ekholm(if he comes) to be at the Passport Control, and 5 days to be ready for G1.

Anybody out in 5 games can still join prior to the Passport Control, too.

But remember: SIF trying its hardest to explain away why Garpenlöv sucked so hard went "can't add 'a lot' of players".

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Worst case I’d just lock all the spots on D.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Worlds start 13th, where one needs 15+2G at Passport Control. So can add 7+1G after that.

First game is on the 14th, the game 7's are on the 14th and 15th, so only really those are

Nashville if out in 4 and that's 3 days for Ekholm(if he comes) to be at the Passport Control, and 5 days to be ready for G1.

Anybody out in 5 games can still join prior to the Passport Control, too.

But remember: SIF trying its hardest to explain away why Garpenlöv sucked so hard went "can't add 'a lot' of players".

Yeah, but we need to ice a full line-up for the games in order to win the games. I don't think icing like 5D and 10F against Austria is a good idea. We saw last year what happens if you don't get off to a good start. But yeah, Ekholm might have a chance to join. But the first game 5 are on the 11th (or 12th in Europe time). So even if they hop on a plane the day after, they probably won't be available for the first game. I think we are going to accept that the roster we have now, is pretty much the roster that we will have, with maybe 2 additions.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah, but we need to ice a full line-up for the games in order to win the games. I don't think icing like 5D and 10F against Austria is a good idea. We saw last year what happens if you don't get off to a good start. But yeah, Ekholm might have a chance to join. But the first game 5 are on the 11th (or 12th in Europe time). So even if they hop on a plane the day after, they probably won't be available for the first game. I think we are going to accept that the roster we have now, is pretty much the roster that we will have, with maybe 2 additions.
The final game 5's are on the 11th. The first ones are on the 10th. They'd be available to play if they hop on a plane the day after, as per usual.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
So Dahlin paired with Folin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad